Frosty February 2015

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Roadtime...you need a Pellet stove in your house ....use as supplement heat when home...we use ours full time with the Wife at home...no $$$$ propane....wife keeps it warm 73 to 75 degrees...about $ 180. to $ 200.. a month . depending on outside temp....no smoke smell....even heat through out the rooms....

I'll have to look into that. I know I need a new furnace, The one that came with the house is 100% undersized, would've been nice for the home inspector to inform me of that, I guess it slipped his mind

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let there be light....?

Ok, after debating with myself over the weather, and not liking any places I would want to go right now, I'm back at home for a few days.

Now the strange part. Before I left home after the -38 windchill night, my dusk to dawn flood lights stopped working. Arrived home tonight and they were on, Nice. As I come up to the door the lights get brighter by 50%. Now that's what should happen, they stay at 50% power then when triggered go to 100% for a set amount of mins. However, that feature has not worked since I got it 6 months ago. What ever happened, I hope it continues to work :cool:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good morning gang...got a couple inches of puffy snow but not too bad.....

sideline biz?......LOL

10390901_329958763859611_2525642162655277274_n.jpg

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And it's -4 with a windchill of -14 this morning..too cold to put out the cats so they're going to whine at me all morning..
Feeling pretty happy the guys filled the propane tank again.$1.40 cash price...is that comparable to where you live?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well after being empty 24 hours I am getting a full rate paid move 371 miles.......Geez I think I am going to like a company that actually stands behind their word......:D

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thursday night home forecast -15 to -21 actual temp :eek: I sure hope not, may have to cancel my bike ride :rolleyes:

a.baa-Frozen-Motor-Driver.jpg

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who are you leased with?

Big Company ...Small fleet...only hires O/OP when opening arrises ....I was lucky with right timing.....has only 1% turn over of drivers ...PM me I might tell ya ....lol....oh this company has NO openings right now

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Big Company ...Small fleet...only hires O/OP when opening arrises ....I was lucky with right timing.....has only 1% turn over of drivers ...PM me I might tell ya ....lol....oh this company has NO openings right now

I know who you run for but I won't say who it is. Just yanking your chain. lol.

Last edited:

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's cool. Just curious. I ain't moving, been there done that.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a offer that I passed on, Delaware Ohio to Alabama, thought I would give them some time to shovel I-65

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's cool. Just curious. I ain't moving, been there done that.
Not this carrier.... They pay much better then Thompson ... And you've run loads for them where you are at many times am betting. And some nice perks as well! And when I was with Dynamex ran loads back to Canada for them

PS: look over your shoulder! You just earned tomorrow's free lunch!!! Lol...... Poke poke

Last edited: