Frosty February 2015

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
-2 here in Akron, started the van to melt the ice off the windows. To cold to stand out there and scrape!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Highway Star coming across 80 to here should have a great tailwind...great MPG....whaat a way to do it tho...:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Review: Load 1 Hoodie....GREAT! I didn't think it would be s good as it is....ya know just maybe a thin fleece lined like most of them....NOT this one....its Great!
For being a hoodie and not a coat....it keeps me very warm unlike any hoodies I've bought before......Load 1 gang I highly recommend you check it out with your Gold Reward points...:)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Highway Star coming across 80 to here should have a great tailwind...great MPG....whaat a way to do it tho...:)

The wind isn't to bad here right now. The belt for the generator on my Rigmaster broke last night, so I've got no block heater. Should be interesting...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tested my theory of weekend runs, stayed in service... And still Home

Story: IF I were a dispatcher and had 2 equal vans....You and someone who is far from home sitting in their van.....the guy out on the road would get the load first...I've heard dispatchers say this many times over the years...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The wind isn't to bad here right now. The belt for the generator on my Rigmaster broke last night, so I've got no block heater. Should be interesting...

spare belt?...can't the TA do anything?....PA is a NO idle state....but may have the ambient temp rule....I dunno

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
spare belt?...can't the TA do anything?....PA is a NO idle state....but may have the ambient temp rule....I dunno

My preference has always been to try to not use truckstop shops, but lately I've made it even more of a hard rule. The last TS shop I used was the Petro at Oak Grove for a new brake chamber. The guy screwed it up, reversed the air lines. I don't think there's too much more you could do wrong on that job, it's pretty simple. I know a guy that blew a tire not long ago, taking out the mud flap. He went to the Petro in Brazil, IN. The guy putting the new mud flap on had the wrong nuts for the new bolts, so they would only go a couple of threads onto the bolts. The guy left them that way and said the truck was ready to go. What's wrong with people like that?

If the truck doesn't start, I guess I'll be stuck with talking to them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
this is when I love these big Sprinter windshields....the heat radiating from them...the espar doesn't have to work so hard.....:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My preference has always been to try to not use truckstop shops, but lately I've made it even more of a hard rule. The last TS shop I used was the Petro at Oak Grove for a new brake chamber. The guy screwed it up, reversed the air lines. I don't think there's too much more you could do wrong on that job, it's pretty simple. I know a guy that blew a tire not long ago, taking out the mud flap. He went to the Petro in Brazil, IN. The guy putting the new mud flap on had the wrong nuts for the new bolts, so they would only go a couple of threads onto the bolts. The guy left them that way and said the truck was ready to go. What's wrong with people like that?

Can't even a car shop throw a belt on?.....

If you need I could share my gen here if you have an outside plug in?...and it doesn't take much juice?///we could go nose to nose here....if you have an extension cord...I usually have a spare but I had to toss it and haven't replaced it...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a horrifying cold!

Guys, make sure you stay warm and well protected when you are outside.

Lots of accidental vasectomies have been reported around this time of the year, LOL.

Last edited:

fr8hlr521

Active Expediter

Petro in Bordentown, NJ...new meaning to incompetence...had them do an oil change PM and they broke more than they fixed. Never again.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
-9 according to accu-weather.

Looks like an AMC or TCM classic movie day.

Sorry folks.......but, the Devil made me do it. It IS 14 mph nw wind and 71 this after here in Sebring. He, he, he.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Review: Load 1 Hoodie....GREAT! I didn't think it would be s good as it is....ya know just maybe a thin fleece lined like most of them....NOT this one....its Great!
For being a hoodie and not a coat....it keeps me very warm unlike any hoodies I've bought before......Load 1 gang I highly recommend you check it out with your Gold Reward points...:)

I heard You look CUTE in a hoodie ......bahahahaha....:p
Here is a pic with hoodie off....

Attachments

• 1424018380002.jpg
    1424018380002.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 48

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
this is when I love these big Sprinter windshields....the heat radiating from them...the espar doesn't have to work so hard.....:)

Newsflash Buddy...there is plenty of Hot Air inside your sprinter ....espar should only run at night when You are sleeping....:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry folks.......but, the Devil made me do it. It IS 14 mph nw wind and 71 this after here in Sebring. He, he, he.

10984568_832848786792615_6634117344511102793_n.jpg

.............................:p