Frosty February 2015

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im sitting in a hotel in Monroe Mi waiting for the dealer to get a water pump and a idler pulley can't beileve it takes 3 days and the prices they charge to change it is beyond me. Hate the fact that everytime I have something go wrong I'm nowhere near the house.

One good thing about having it towed this time, I signed up for breakdown type service at Landstar for 6 bucks a week for up to a 50 mile tow and other things .. Used it and it works.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im sitting in a hotel in Monroe Mi waiting for the dealer to get a water pump and a idler pulley can't beileve it takes 3 days and the prices they charge to change it is beyond me. Hate the fact that everytime I have something go wrong I'm nowhere near the house.

One good thing about having it towed this time, I signed up for breakdown type service at Landstar for 6 bucks a week for up to a 50 mile tow and other things .. Used it and it works.

for $116 a year you can get RV coverage with AAA and get towed up to 200 miles I think twice a yr and 50 miles after that.....ALSO you can claim "trip interruption" with that break down and get 2 nights at Motel and meal allowance reimbursed......

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
Well been oos past 9 days probably back at it the end of next week. Guess im making up time i didnt take past year looking forward to driving teams with my dad. You all stay warm out there its 70 here ill enjoy it while it last

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Story: IF I were a dispatcher and had 2 equal vans....You and someone who is far from home sitting in their van.....the guy out on the road would get the load first...I've heard dispatchers say this many times over the years...

That I could understand, almost. But in Akron 1 short run in 9 days is inexcusable.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
10984568_832848786792615_6634117344511102793_n.jpg

.............................:p

Uhh, no thanks!!!

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped ZANESVILLE OHIO from MIAMI, knocked the shine off last night. One T/T and car across the highway was a tad slick with real gusty wind in the hill's.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Who ever is froze up over in that Woodhaven yard, Throw that TA road squad off the job...Your into your second day now, cut your losses and get a real service truck out there. Holy crap 2/days to thaw out a truck?