Friendliest and unfriendliest cities

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
People who live in the middle are just wishy washy. There some things that should NEVER be compromised. Like the Constitution. There is no middle of the road in "Shall not be infringed".

The Federal government should be FORCED to stay within it's constitutional bounds.

I'm not saying destroy the constitution; I'm simply imply that sitting on one side of an issue and refusing to compromise which is essentially what's happening in congress nothing happens. Instead of complain about one another's views why try to find common ground and take parts from both sides that way things actually get accomplished.

I'm tired of hiring baby boomers and generation x's making a bunch claims of standing up against stuff when they should actually be doing WHAT THEIR district tells them to do. All I see when watching or listening to political stuff is how each side is trying one up the other make them look bad. Old/young left/right doesn't matter when all it does is divide us into only 2 factions that can't get along with one another.

Where's my American dream? I hear older people talk of how their time and money is worth this or that when I'm and others of my age group are forced to live with our parents because we have degrees but no experience so HR Managers just throw our resumes away looking for older more experienced people for entry level job. 5 years experience for a base job that you can't get experience in without getting the job in the first. Just builds a wall that keeps us down because were willing to compromise to get things done.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm not saying destroy the constitution; I'm simply imply that sitting on one side of an issue and refusing to compromise which is essentially what's happening in congress nothing happens. Instead of complain about one another's views why try to find common ground and take parts from both sides that way things actually get accomplished.

I'm tired of hiring baby boomers and generation x's making a bunch claims of standing up against stuff when they should actually be doing WHAT THEIR district tells them to do. All I see when watching or listening to political stuff is how each side is trying one up the other make them look bad. Old/young left/right doesn't matter when all it does is divide us into only 2 factions that can't get along with one another.

Where's my American dream? I hear older people talk of how their time and money is worth this or that when I'm and others of my age group are forced to live with our parents because we have degrees but no experience so HR Managers just throw our resumes away looking for older more experienced people for entry level job. 5 years experience for a base job that you can't get experience in without getting the job in the first. Just builds a wall that keeps us down because were willing to compromise to get things done.

I am a "boomer" I will NEVER do what my district tells me to do. What district are you talking about and why should they be telling US what to do?

My rep, DOES vote along the lines of what those of us in our district tells him to do, as he should. Same at the state level.

You are not forced to live with your parents. I know MANY people your age who are out on their own and doing fine. It's all a matter of choice. Most of my cousins kids are on their own. Most of my nieces and nephews are on their own. It's a small minority of those I know who are your age who are NOT on their own.

There are two brothers who lived next door to my dad. One is on his own, one is not. The one on his own, looked for work, found a GOOD paying job in Montana, picked up his wife and kid, moved out there and is doing hunky dory. The other one stayed at Walmart, gets drunk, and lives with his wife, kid and mommy.

It's all a matter of choice. It's no harder now then when I was your age and MUCH easier than when my parents were coming up.

Keep in mind, a degree, with no experience, it a piece of paper, nothing more. My niece has a masters of something or another, in music. She TURNED DOWN a job at the University of Indiana, because it ONLY started at 35K a year! She had two degrees, BUT ZERO EXPERIENCE! 35K is pretty darn good entry level pay if you ask me. She now lives with mommy and daddy.

You can do it. It's tough to be sure. That's good. The harder it is to accomplish something the more it's worth when you do.

One of my employees when I was at Gander Mountain, is now a lawyer. His brother a physicians assistant. Both doing well. My niece and her husband own a bar and grill, their own house and a cottage, all paid for.

YOU CAN DO IT! Fire it up and get 'er done!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It's not easy to leave me speechless, but the sheer asinine, arrogant, absolute cluelessness of the comments above is just breathtaking.
"You are not forced to live with your parents."
"It's all a matter of choice. It's no harder now than when I was your age."
"I know many people your age who are out on their own and doing fine."
Take heart, Kickstarter, because, even though you apparently don't know what you're talking about [when you're talking about your own life!], "YOU CAN DO IT!" [Shouting makes it more meaningful]
I'm going to look up the number for the Suicide Hotline now, just in case you need it, ok? ;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ya hay dare missy, vut about Minnersoota and dat Minnersoota Nice ting day got goin' dare? Cheese and crackers got all muddy are ya some kinda dumber than dirt liberal?

I know people in Minnesota are very friendly too, but I thought it's because they need to be hugging someone all the time so they don't freeze, lol. ;)

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I am a "boomer" I will NEVER do what my district tells me to do. What district are you talking about and why should they be telling US what to do?

My rep, DOES vote along the lines of what those of us in our district tells him to do, as he should. Same at the state level.

You are not forced to live with your parents. I know MANY people your age who are out on their own and doing fine. It's all a matter of choice. Most of my cousins kids are on their own. Most of my nieces and nephews are on their own. It's a small minority of those I know who are your age who are NOT on their own.

There are two brothers who lived next door to my dad. One is on his own, one is not. The one on his own, looked for work, found a GOOD paying job in Montana, picked up his wife and kid, moved out there and is doing hunky dory. The other one stayed at Walmart, gets drunk, and lives with his wife, kid and mommy.

It's all a matter of choice. It's no harder now then when I was your age and MUCH easier than when my parents were coming up.

Keep in mind, a degree, with no experience, it a piece of paper, nothing more. My niece has a masters of something or another, in music. She TURNED DOWN a job at the University of Indiana, because it ONLY started at 35K a year! She had two degrees, BUT ZERO EXPERIENCE! 35K is pretty darn good entry level pay if you ask me. She now lives with mommy and daddy.

You can do it. It's tough to be sure. That's good. The harder it is to accomplish something the more it's worth when you do.

One of my employees when I was at Gander Mountain, is now a lawyer. His brother a physicians assistant. Both doing well. My niece and her husband own a bar and grill, their own house and a cottage, all paid for.

Disregard what I said I was suffering from sleep deprivation. I hadn't slept in 3 days

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter

35k a year isn't entry in 2014 America, 20k is an entry level position that requires that 5 years of experience and a bachelor degree. The world you're quoting as fact doesn't exist anymore, when my generation and those just a few years older got to the age of where we could get jobs we got stuck in a economic collapse that your generation created with your in fighting and stalling. So before you tell me that I don't know what I'm talking try looking from some other pov than on top if your high horse

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Hey Kicker, it could be worse. You could be forced to live in a van. Ah, um...never mind.
farley-1.jpg

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
35k a year isn't entry in 2014 America, 20k is an entry level position that requires that 5 years of experience and a bachelor degree. The world you're quoting as fact doesn't exist anymore, when my generation and those just a few years older got to the age of where we could get jobs we got stuck in a economic collapse that your generation created with your in fighting and stalling. So before you tell me that I don't know what I'm talking try looking from some other pov than on top if your high horse

My niece was offered that job last summer, less than a year ago. Drop the "generation" stuff, that went out of style in the late '70's

YOU can do it! Don't fall for the "news". Look out there, there is an ENTIRE WORLD to work in.

Also, EVERYONE, when they were starting out, had to fight the, "you don't have any experience" thing a ma bob. It's a very normal part of life.

I was not trying to be on a 'high horse', I was just trying to point out that it can be, and is, being done, right now, as we speak.

I don't know what your degree is in, BUT, if you can't find a job in that field, learn to weld. Become a plumber.

My friend, the lawyer, is only 27, it's current. It's not the "old days".

I remember my "old days". 17% interest rates, higher unemployment in the Detroit area that now. There is nothing all that new today, it has all been seen before. The only REAL difference is 24 hour news having nothing to do but tell stories. Is all hype.

Difficult? YOU BET IT IS! Impossible, no way. Besides you have it easy. No wife, no kids, you can go anywhere and do anything with no one else depending on you.

Just GO FOR IT! I have met you, I KNOW you are not stupid, or lazy, just misled. Don't fall for it. Right now, because it's "bad" there is MORE opportunity for "new" ideas than when times are good.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And one thing not to forget:

We are all the sum of the decisions we have made.

If we are not happy with where we are we should look in the mirror for the reason why we are where we are. There are NO exceptions to this rule.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
My niece was offered that job last summer, less than a year ago. Drop the "generation" stuff, that went out of style in the late '70's

YOU can do it! Don't fall for the "news". Look out there, there is an ENTIRE WORLD to work in.

Also, EVERYONE, when they were starting out, had to fight the, "you don't have any experience" thing a ma bob. It's a very normal part of life.

I was not trying to be on a 'high horse', I was just trying to point out that it can be, and is, being done, right now, as we speak.

I don't know what your degree is in, BUT, if you can't find a job in that field, learn to weld. Become a plumber.

My friend, the lawyer, is only 27, it's current. It's not the "old days".

I remember my "old days". 17% interest rates, higher unemployment in the Detroit area that now. There is nothing all that new today, it has all been seen before. The only REAL difference is 24 hour news having nothing to do but tell stories. Is all hype.

Difficult? YOU BET IT IS! Impossible, no way. Besides you have it easy. No wife, no kids, you can go anywhere and do anything with no one else depending on you.

Just GO FOR IT! I have met you, I KNOW you are not stupid, or lazy, just misled. Don't fall for it. Right now, because it's "bad" there is MORE opportunity for "new" ideas than when times are good.

My real problem is I have a huge problem with a authority that I'm slowly getting over. That's where all my anti the man or generation stuff comes from. Never mind me I'm just a silly young kid

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My real problem is I have a huge problem with a authority that I'm slowly getting over. That's where all my anti the man or generation stuff comes from. Never mind me I'm just a silly young kid

Your not silly. Don't listen to those who say it's "Too hard", or there is nothing out there, it's bull. Paying attention to that "stuff" will hold you back. Just go for it!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Your not silly. Don't listen to those who say it's "Too hard", or there is nothing out there, it's bull. Paying attention to that "stuff" will hold you back. Just go for it!

There's certainly things that I consider too hard for the lack of return, but I decided those thing on my own. When I say that I mean like climbing Mount Everest. But going for my goals in life I plan on going full throttle and never stopping until I get there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's certainly things that I consider too hard for the lack of return, but I decided those thing on my own. When I say that I mean like climbing Mount Everest. But going for my goals in life I plan on going full throttle and never stopping until I get there.

Good, keep that attitude.