Friendliest and unfriendliest cities

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But every city on the friendliest list doesn't vote red, so your point is?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Last edited:

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Isn't it interesting that I swore an oath vowing to defend the speech of polarizing nutjobs who only have the capacity to think in terms of two colors?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is also interesting that I too took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution just to allow nut jobs to elect nut jobs who elect people who are hell bent on getting rid of it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Isn't it interesting that I swore an oath vowing to defend the speech of polarizing nutjobs who only have the capacity to think in terms of two colors?

It is also interesting that I too took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution just to allow nut jobs to elect nut jobs who elect people who are hell bent on getting rid of it.

what-a-country-yakov.jpg

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

It's called defending freedom of speech and it applies to everyone, including "polarizing nut jobs". What I find interesting is so many "likes" applied to this post which offers nothing but name calling and a personal cheap shot. Keep in mind that the only "two colors" were invented by TV producers to visually designate Democrat or Republican on their election maps. However, if you want to dispute the premise of the OP, you might start by pointing out that Asheville, NC is actually pretty liberal and voted blue for Obama in both '08 and '12.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
For the record, I "Liked" it not because it was a cheap shot, or that I necessarily agree or disagree with said cheap shot, or said nutjob, but because I like intelligent prose in the turn of a phrase.

The reality is that it has nothing to do with red or blue, but is simply Southern Hospitality.

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I 'liked' it because it pointed out how critical the perception of "liberal Democrat" and "conservative Republican" [there don't seem to be any other adjectives that matter] has become in the process of processing information.
We [Americans] used to think that "together we stand, divided we fall", but it seems that some people don't want to stand with anyone who isn't the 'right' color - and I don't mean black, white, brown, or red.
Where are we headed, with this thinking? :confused:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You will likely find that most people don't want to stand with someone who votes the wrong color. You'll likely also find it isn't all that different than 1, 2 and 3 generations ago with the exception that more and more people are devolving to the stupid side of the aisle at the same time that more and more generational dolers and imported voters are selling their vote for giveaways.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Votes the wrong color? Are we still on red and blue, or have we moved on back to black and white? Fits either way, I suppose. People are people.

It's still nothing more than Southern Hospitality. People in the South are friendlier than people in the north. Always have been, and likely always will be. That's just who we are.

I went to Walmart today and there were two different people, not together in the store at all, who had holstered guns on their hip. No one cared. Not even the throngs of liberal college kids in there doing their back-to-school shopping getting ready for the start of classes next week.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why do I have to be categorized just because some wacko only has two colors of crayons left in his box.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's not "some nut job" that only has two colors left - it's our politicians and their willing accomplices in the MSM. The current POTUS has done more to promote this mindset than anyone with his promotion of class warfare and demonizing anyone who doesn't want to do things his way. This is in sync with the liberal mindset in general, so any conservative who doesn't agree with them is labeled backward, stupid or a "right wing nut job" and likely lives in one of those red states. Any conservative pundits or politicians who respond are considered to be out of touch and labeled "haters" or "racists". How ironic it is that so many of these people live in these friendly cities and offer their "Southern Hospitality" to strangers, even those from blue states.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If I had to name 5 blue states or 5 red states I couldn't do it without a map already colored in with the appropriate colors. I can't remember what red means or what blue means. Because I don't care. It's irrelevant to me. It doesn't affect me at all. I don't play for a particular team so I don't care what my jersey color is. I look at the issues and make up my own mind, instead of letting the coaches tell me what to do.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Red states, blue states, liberals, conservatives and people wonder why we basically have a two party system.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You will likely find that most people don't want to stand with someone who votes the wrong color. You'll likely also find it isn't all that different than 1, 2 and 3 generations ago with the exception that more and more people are devolving to the stupid side of the aisle at the same time that more and more generational dolers and imported voters are selling their vote for giveaways.

Perhaps that's true of the people you know, but none of the people I consider friends would giveadam about who one votes for. We can disagree without thinking [even in private] that the other is on "the stupid side of the aisle", because there's stupid on both sides.
Those who buy the myth of 'generational dolers' and 'imported voters' are stuck in a mindset from generations ago, encouraged to stay there by leadership that has profited immensely from the politics of fear and loathing.
Anyone who always votes for the same party, regardless of the issues or candidates, is brainwashed. Or brain dead.

PS Agree with Turtle about the people in the South being friendlier, it's why I've always preferred to live there. That, and it's near impossible to find good sweet tea in the North!

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Red states, blue states, liberals, conservatives and people wonder why we basically have a two party system.

I wish there was a third party that was the meet in the middle and get stuff accomplished party.

Or as some would say moderates, the purple party that sees thru the BS

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
PS Agree with Turtle about the people in the South being friendlier, it's why I've always preferred to live there.
Ya hay dare missy, vut about Minnersoota and dat Minnersoota Nice ting day got goin' dare? Cheese and crackers got all muddy are ya some kinda dumber than dirt liberal?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wish there was a third party that was the meet in the middle and get stuff accomplished party.

Or as some would say moderates, the purple party that sees thru the BS

People who live in the middle are just wishy washy. There some things that should NEVER be compromised. Like the Constitution. There is no middle of the road in "Shall not be infringed".

The Federal government should be FORCED to stay within it's constitutional bounds.