FedEx C C Snitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Back when we ran for Conway we had to call in on a team. They had a three year old in the truck that the carrier, nor the fleet owner knew about. We hated doing it, but they were bragging about how sneaky they were. We told them it wasn't safe or legal they just said "No one else is raising my kid!" We later found out the kid was taken from its custodial guardian. Can we say kidnapped? They even tried to steal the fleet owners truck when he called them to come in to the shop for "routine maintenance." They said no, and made a break for the border so to say. He finally had to get the DOT at the state line to pull the truck over. Pretty sure he won't see that kid again for a long time. Sometimes interference is necessary.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
My good friend do you not know that FedEX Custom Critical Workers and Higher Ups come and moniter this sight. They do they are moderaters here that are just that you describe in you post.
Nothing less if you have nothing to worry about then let it go. In time they will get whats comming to them if they wronged you in some way. Told and Untruth ect. Other wise Id would just let it go and be that. The trucking industry is not what it once was. The reason I wanted to be a Trucker when I was young was due to the brother hood that the truckers shared. That this day just doesnt exist its no longer a dying bread already extinct. (Dead).
I hope the Mods come in here and lock this thread as I cant believe this was even wrote. In away U youself Snitched on the unite that you claim to have snitched on U. But worst case U did it on here.
Well I wish U the best of luck and hope this finds U on a better road to tomorrow.
Now lets bring a smile to this thread Now for some music and a few laughs.
As the best thing about this thread is (SNOW BALL the Dancing Bird.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j_fxs8mUcQ&feature=related

have a nice day everybody.
No Chains allowed
:)

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
When I was with my former company, I called in to report a possible hazard. I was to transfer a load a terminal on the south side of Memphis. It was one barrel of a non hazardous chemical on a skid and not strapped to the skid. The hazard was that it was giong into a Dodge van that only had 2, 1 inch straps to secure a 500 pound load. The driver was new, and retired from his linsurance job. I stuck around to help him brace the load with whatever we could use. I was worried about him hitting the brakes and having the barrel join him in the front seat.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In your case Eagle..sometimes the carrier should do periodical inspections to ensure ALL equipment is in a truck or van that is required, especially if they are going to be hauling hazmat!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
In your case Eagle..sometimes the carrier should do periodical inspections to ensure ALL equipment is in a truck or van that is required, especially if they are going to be hauling hazmat!

Absolutely. I recently transferred a load to a Panther Elite team van, a Sprinter. The load had to be broken down off the skid and loaded into the Elite van as individual boxes due to no forklift available to transfer the skid. I wondered aloud to the dispatcher if the other van had enough load securement equipment to secure a bunch of lose boxes. She then proceede to read me off the laundry list of securements listed as being aboard the other van. Sounds good.

We do the swap, and they had nothing anywhere close to what was on that list. 4 load bars? Hah. Eight e-track ratchet straps? Double hah!

They didn't even have a deck, no e-track at all, no load bars. All they had was the way-tore-up factory deck and two, count 'em, two tie-downs for use with the Sprinter's floor cargo rings. They had so much junk in the back of the van (coolers, tools, bottles and jugs, trash, bedding) that they had to store one of the coolers on top of the freight. And this was one skid's worth of stuff. Sheesh. Elite?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
No snitchin here...lately it's just been a bunch of -itchin. Lot's of rude drivers out there that's for sure and nothing makes me madder than tailgaters.

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
The driver was a rookie driving someone elses truck, so it probably had all the eqiupment at one time. I called dispatch to let them know of the danger they might be putting this man in. Even though this was just one barrel, it should have been put in a truck with e tracks and bars.
About those e tracks. I think we need 2 more rows, and some vertical rows (like moving vans). On a 2 foot load, the bars hold the pallet and not the load.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For a driver to be able to run solo and log as a team suggest incompetence of the safety department . Each driver is required to fill out their own logs . The identical handwriting should be obvious .

Most likely he sends in his logs in a batch and a few days later sends in her logs in a batch so they're never side by side to be inspected. Combine that with the volume of work the logs people have to do and it's easy to see how it could be snuck past them.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
My apology to "Crazynuff" and "LDB" as I forgot to mention that the FedEx CC owner/operator was in a cargo van.

Obviously, it is still dangerous to operate in that manner, but I don't think FedEx CC requires their cargo van units to log.

Again, please forgive the oversight on my part.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yes Dave, LG....

.....there was a really good reason why.......I won't say why, Phil may if he remembers but I will say that I begged for that run to get me home to take care of my wife and FedEx didn't think twice to say no and offered me Tallahassee instead. :(

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I went back and looked up the load. That jogged my memory and I do remember chatting with a couple other drivers in other trucks as we sat and waited our turns at the docks. It was one of those meetings where drivers chat but don't go in depth. If Greg says we showed them the inside of our truck, I guess that's true, but I don't remember that. We give a lot of truck tours, and after a while, they all blend together.

The freight paid less than the minimum we normally require to accept a load. I do not remember why we took it. There would have been a reason. We rarely accept loads that pay less than our minumum.

Given the date, it may have been because it took us in the direction toward home as Christmas was approaching. Or, it may have been because the Atlanta express center was overflowing with trucks and that load was our ticket out and to a better area. I can't say for sure as I simply don't remember.

summer_timeblues

Seasoned Expediter
Well I have driven with an owner who peed in his own sink, and when I asked him where it went, thinking a tank, he said it goes on the ground.

He too thought he could still be a team. After I told him I would going home for my off time But after I called dispatch to tell them I was off the truck and heading home that day (airplane), the owner got really mad, and cursed me out. Saying I screwed him over and said I have no right to call them for any reason.

He also was and is cheating on his logs, he called me Mr. Dot for going by the book. Saying they tell you those things in school and org class because they have to. But here in the real world "everybody" cheats on their log book.

Well call me Mr. Dot cause I don't and won't.

I find it odd that no one has ever called him on them, it looks pretty sketchy. But I guess because he is a owner, no worries.

But his logs are his business, at least I can say I don't cheat on mine. And I don't pee in the sink, I'll walk the some of 50 yards for example and go inside.

Lazy I say, and to say the least un clean of him.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Peeing in the sink is nasty. What if you want to wash a couple of dishes or something. Then the fact that it goes out on the ground is the icing on the cake.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I remember Phil, it was a load to Roanoke and you were heading north for something to do with the truck, maybe to Indy?

Well too bad you don't remember, I think it shows that I do blend in.......

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember Phil, it was a load to Roanoke and you were heading north for something to do with the truck, maybe to Indy?

Well too bad you don't remember, I think it shows that I do blend in.......

You must be a bland person? *L* you must have one of them forgetables personalities...*L*

tec1959

Expert Expediter
Hello everyone i'm back on EO i've been sick for awhile.As far as the post goes i've called the police or state troopers on several bad drivers and a couple times the DOT on drivers for peeing on the ground in a rest area or pouring their pee bottles on the ground.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The only time I ever reported a FDXCC driver was after doing a transfer to his truck in Louisville KY and I gave it a great deal of thought before I reported him. There was nothing wrong with him but truck was toally unsafe to be driving in. The tires were completly bald,there were holes in the floor of the box,it was leaking oil and the list goes on. The truck should not have been on the road. and I don't believe the truck was the one that Fdxcc had in their records.

Last edited:

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Gregg well I guess your day must be going pretty bad since you didn't make a lasting impression on Phil. I would imagine by next weekend you will be over it,better luck next time.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
when i was with fedexcc there was a red van out of arkon, oh that was a known snitch
and he would come over and sit at the table and sit and listen as we joked around, about different topic's and he would call and repeat what we said to office
and we used to tell tall tales to see how look it took to get back to us
when roberts express was inprocess of name change,
someone ask me if i had idea why name hadn't change yet
i said is there liking at how the name would sound and i joking said it could be
robex or bobex and about 20 min's got a call why did i say that , said was i just joking at time , and they had though of who had let cat out of bag
so they said don't say anything that you don't want tobe repeated
that is always good advice

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Gregg well I guess your day must be going pretty bad since you didn't make a lasting impression on Phil. I would imagine by next weekend you will be over it,better luck next time.

Yes Rich, I am so depressed over it I had to come home and hide in my bed with the covers pulled over my head.

In retrospect I should have handed him one of my gold engraved meishi style business cards with my $800 suit on to stand out a little bit more in the room with the other drivers. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.