FedEx C C Snitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONESTACK

Expert Expediter
Everyone out there for FedEx C C please be aware of truck#CR4366.They have been known to call in on people.So for someone like them to me they need to get a life of ther on and stay out of everyone elses lives.Thanks.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
My first response would be what the nature of the call.
If it was driving erratic, possible DUI, throwing trash or urine bottles out in the parking lot, that person derserves to be called on as they do a diservice to the rest of the industry.

Not saying you did any of the above, but with limited information comes a variety of speculations.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree that there are many reasons a call would be reasonable and deserved. I've called in on a few drivers with various companies over the years, always because they earned the call. I've also heard of drivers calling in on another truck in order to jump ahead of them on the board. I'm not sure how that works but in a case like that is obviously wrong.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It doesn't work that way, ONESTACK. This is not a junior high school where being popular and not telling teacher is all important. We are professional, self-employed expediters who are affected positively or negatively by the professionalism or lack of it of our fellow expediters.

I have never called anyone in. I have not had to. In the very few cases where I found unprofessional behavior worthy of action, I confronted the bad actor myself. Few people are willing to do that, and they are probably smarter than me. The safer step is to call it in, which I would fully support, assuming a true bad act was there to prompt the call.

By the way, if I see a driver start his or her truck up in the morning and drive off without doing a pretrip inspection, I do not consider that a bad act. For all I know, he or she may be driving no futher than the fuel pumps and planning to go back to bed. Non-logable events do not require pretrip inspections as far as I am concerned.

I'm not out there looking for anyone to call in, but if something serious occurs and I'm there to deal with it, I will. An example is the time four trucks were at a pickup where the important freight came off a plane and was being loaded onto trucks. It was stuff bound for retail stores for a product unveiling that was to be kept under wraps until delivery. Company officials accompinied the freight by air to safeguard the product. They trusted FedEx Custom Critical to take it the final few miles.

Three teams went about their work in highly professional ways that would make any expediter proud. But then there was this B-unit solo driver also on the job. This unfortunate soul got out of his van wearing a food-stained T-shirt that was too small to cover his massive belly. Filthy sweat pants and bedroom slippers completed the ensemble. He complained loudly TO THE SHIPPER that he had to get loaded fast so he could spend some time at home (nearby) before his scheduled delivery.

I pulled him aside and told him to keep his mouth shut and hide his filthy self from the customer's view. He did not like it but complied. I also suggested that he should get out of the business as he is shaming us all. He did not like that either, and I can only hope he took my advice.

On the flip side, I recently learned of an ER-unit team driver that frequently calls drivers in for no good reason at all and is fast and loose with the facts when doing so. I guess the idea on her end is to eliminate other drivers that she sees as competiton. Her I don't worry about. Anyone that frequently calls in would be noticed as one who does so. Her reports would not carry much weight and could be easily defended against if you were questioned about it.

Regardless of who calls in or why, and it can be members of the general public too, your best defense is a good offense. And in this businss, a good offense is doing the job you were contracted to do and maintain high professional standards.

You only need one reason to do that. You do it because it is the right thing to do.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Snitches Suck!!! having said that if I were to see a driver that was drunk/druged etc I would try to get them to pull over and get them to take themsleves off the road. If I could not I would call them in. Snitching to snitch for you own gain is so Democractic party!!!
We have to protect our image while being professional. We have ALL made mistakes. Don't all in on anyone unless you are sure they are drunk/drugged or sick and need help.
Layoutshooter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hmmm.... are you the one they called on or did you hear this through the grape vine? I can rattle a few numbers off of trucks that I heard this was the case and even talked to one guy right after I left who warned me about CR3117 and how that guy screams about people to the dispatchers in the restaurants.

As I met Phil before, I would never think he would be the one to call and complain unless there was a d*mn good reason for it, like if a contractor just hit a truck and left type of a reason.

And Phil, I assume from your response that you are CR4633?

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
All the years we've been on the road we take the attitude of living and let live.

How others behave is their problem. So, unless they get in my face with it or I see something blatantly unsafe that will endanger others... then and only then will I take action.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
Yea I am with Paul56 MIND YOUR OWN D%^ BUSINESS!!! with that said I would only call in on someone "and have" that was being a danger to other motorist. :cool:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NA NA NEE BOO BOO!!!! Let us all be adults. No snitching or snitcning about snitching!!!
If something REALLY need s reporting let us do it. If you ar nit picking/snitching/tattletailing about someone else remember one thing, stones are hard on glass houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Layoutshooter

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
I also find it prudent (Scriptural too!) to confront the person directly. Often times I have discovered that it was simply a miscommunication or I was lacking a vital piece of information that would put things in their proper prospective.

Admittedly, there have been numerous occasions when I wanted to call a carrier's safety director to report a dangerous driver, but I have not...as of yet. I think video cams on trucks are a great idea. A record of such events dispels any accusations of untruth from the offender.

Once, I did speak with a FedEx CC owner/operator who boasted about his earnings. He sensed my disbelief and offered to show me his settlement sheets. I was amazed at the high mileage runs recently completed. He casually informed me that they were team loads. I asked if his co-driver was taking a shower. He said, no, that his wife was not with him at the time. I inquired if the dispatch came across the QC for a team on the load just delivered. He replied, yes.

Obviously, such practices are illegal and dangerous too! I had only been expediting for about 3 weeks when I met him, so I did not fully comprehend the gravity of that situation back then. It also does not seem very fair to his fellow drivers.

Since that chance meeting, I have related the story to other FedEx drivers; some have indicated that they would have reported the driver. I suspect “Loss of Revenue,” as a motive to report the driver, outweighed the illegal and dangerous aspects of such actions.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If a solo is running team loads it should be reported to their carrier. That's an accident waiting to happen. If a driver is tossing pee bottles out it should be reported. That's inexcusable and gives us all a bad name. If you don't like the color of someone's truck get a life. If it involves a safety issue or a public perception issue then it's your business too, whoever you are. If it's anything else then you are correct in saying mind your own business but not for those two categories.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I've called in twice. One time I saw a woman drinking out of a crown royal bottle with three little kids in the back. Arkansas State Troopers got here. I've only called in on one truck driver. That was a J.B. Hunt driver. He was helping an elderly lady by changing her tire in the rest area. I thought he should be conmended by his company for sheding a positive light on his company and the industry. When the lady acted surprised I asked her why. She said all she gets is complaints. Never any complements. You know it would never hurt to say a good thing you see someone going above and beyond the job.

Now calling in for no reason is snitching, and you know what they say about them. Snitches get Stiches.

T

Telecaster

Deflate, Phil. If a man's a slob that's a reflection on him, no one else.

You "pulled him aside"? You got physical? I'm wondering -- if he hadn't "complied" with your "command" what would you have done? And why such a lengthy protest?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
As I met Phil before, I would never think he would be the one to call and complain unless there was a d*mn good reason for it, like if a contractor just hit a truck and left type of a reason.

And Phil, I assume from your response that you are CR4633?

No, Greg, our truck is not CR4633. I also have to ask, how is it that you have met me, but I have never met you? You have mentioned meeting me before, but I have no knowledge of it at all.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
No, Greg, our truck is not CR4633. I also have to ask, how is it that you have met me, but I have never met you? You have mentioned meeting me before, but I have no knowledge of it at all.

Phil,
Whew, I glad that you are not that big bad truck CR4633 but why be so defensive?:confused:

I remember the first time I met you was in Atlanta, the other place I can't remember but you didn't seem interested in much but to get loaded and out of there which I assumed after introduced myself you knew who I was and just wanted to get out of dodge. Although the second time I talked with you and Diane for a few, peaked inside your truck and that was it, you got loaded and left. You didn't remember me then after the first time. If you want specific dates, forget it, I don't remember and didn't keep records.

If you remember in Atlanta I was sitting next to a KW straight truck with a team in it in my dumpy little FL70 enjoying the nice weather while we about trucks when you pulled in. He was just floored by the beauty of your truck and the bath room you have. By the way, you do have a nice looking truck and I have a picture somewhere of it sitting in the dock at LG.

I have seen you a few other times on the road here and there so it seems paths do cross.

Honestly I didn't expect you to remember.

Hope that helps you recall but I doubt it, just another old fat face in the crowd.:)

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I also find it prudent (Scriptural too!) to confront the person directly. Often times I have discovered that it was simply a miscommunication or I was lacking a vital piece of information that would put things in their proper prospective.

Admittedly, there have been numerous occasions when I wanted to call a carrier's safety director to report a dangerous driver, but I have not...as of yet. I think video cams on trucks are a great idea. A record of such events dispels any accusations of untruth from the offender.

Once, I did speak with a FedEx CC owner/operator who boasted about his earnings. He sensed my disbelief and offered to show me his settlement sheets. I was amazed at the high mileage runs recently completed. He casually informed me that they were team loads. I asked if his co-driver was taking a shower. He said, no, that his wife was not with him at the time. I inquired if the dispatch came across the QC for a team on the load just delivered. He replied, yes.

Obviously, such practices are illegal and dangerous too! I had only been expediting for about 3 weeks when I met him, so I did not fully comprehend the gravity of that situation back then. It also does not seem very fair to his fellow drivers.

Since that chance meeting, I have related the story to other FedEx drivers; some have indicated that they would have reported the driver. I suspect “Loss of Revenue,” as a motive to report the driver, outweighed the illegal and dangerous aspects of such actions.
For a driver to be able to run solo and log as a team suggest incompetence of the safety department . Each driver is required to fill out their own logs . The identical handwriting should be obvious .

Streakn1

Veteran Expediter
I recently had to deal with a snitch that out and out lied to our carrier regarding a conversation between the customer and myself. A better part of two days was spent correcting that mess.

I will not disclose the name or truck number openly or privately of this snitch, but you know who you are. Don't %*#* with me again!!!

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Some folks who have made calls reporting other drivers to the authorities are motivated by a sense of responsibility, (as I was, when I called to report a vehicle running on the interstate at night without any lights), but there are also those who simply enjoy the feeling of power they get from causing trouble for someone else. I had the misfortune of driving team with one of the latter types, years ago, and was surprised and appalled at the pleasure she found in calling to report other drivers for offenses that I wouldn't have even noticed. She obviously felt that she looked better, when she could make someone else look worse, but I thought she looked like the insecure and approval- seeking person that 'suckups' generally are.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I have to agree. Some just find any way they can to abuse common sense.
On a side note
Phil hauling a LG load?

Status
Not open for further replies.