FedEx B, C, D, E-Units

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's $2.19 a loaded mile and if they're home every night they can't have too much d/h. I don't know how it works so I don't know if they get to park on the yard when they come back and just drive their car from home to get the truck and get started. If that's it so there's basically zero d/h ever maybe that's not too bad. I've never been involved with reefers so I don't know. Home every night would have to be factored in as far as value and compensation. I had a call today saying it was only vans and would not be happening with other unit classes. I believe the source. That doesn't mean someone higher up doesn't have an alternate plan that isn't known yet or that something can't/won't change somewhere down the road. We'll just have to wait and see, day to day.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
That's $2.19 a loaded mile and if they're home every night they can't have too much d/h. I don't know how it works so I don't know if they get to park on the yard when they come back and just drive their car from home to get the truck and get started. If that's it so there's basically zero d/h ever maybe that's not too bad. I've never been involved with reefers so I don't know. Home every night would have to be factored in as far as value and compensation. I had a call today saying it was only vans and would not be happening with other unit classes. I believe the source. That doesn't mean someone higher up doesn't have an alternate plan that isn't known yet or that something can't/won't change somewhere down the road. We'll just have to wait and see, day to day.

That sounds good but you have to deadhead back to the shop and that was about 225 miles from the last stop off. I had about $100.00 tolls going to and from the pickup so they would have the same tolls each day almost. It would a good deal if you didn't have the tolls each day. You don't get the same loads everyday either.

279 loaded miles x .93 a mile is $220.41
$50.00 for each stop x 7 is $350.00
Total pay $570.41

Total miles of 504 divided into $570.41 comes out to $1.1317 for all miles. Then you have to pay the tolls on top of that too. If you was a single driver and did 1500 miles a week with 7 stops each day I guess it wouldn't be so bad.

I hope they don't change it Leo. I still have friends that run for FedEx and if they did, it would hurt them.

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM if they do their are going to be alot of upset poeple. I never thought FedEx would go to a flat rate but never say never. I know they guys from FedEx Supply Chain only gets .93 per mile with their refer units and $50.00 per stop off. One of my last runs for FedEx was picking up at FedEx Supply Chain in Delaware. I talked to about five of the O/O leased on with them and thats when they told me how much they was getting per mile. They said they was home every night too and some days did 6 to 10 stop offs. I know the refer load I did for them had 7 drop offs in NY city and the loaded miles was 279 miles. That don't seem like alot of money for a refer unit.

They would have to adjust thier budgets for sure...to make it work the Feds would have to knock off the "exclusive use" part so they could book some loads of thier own to try and make up some of the difference...Like Ole DaveKC does for his trucks....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Phil

Saying things like that may get you taken to court.

I am not interested in being courted by you, Bruno. My comment about you being good looking was a joke, not a come-on. Diane and I are happily married my sexual orientation is that of a straight male.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
AHhhhh Bruno...ATeam..... your testosterone is showing....your My Carrier is better then your carrier is starting to look a tad childish BOTH your back biting comments are below BOTH of your intellegence levels.....

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I am not interested in being courted by you, Bruno. My comment about you being good looking was a joke, not a come-on. Diane and I are happily married my sexual orientation is that of a straight male.

Saying things like that may get you taken to a court of Law Phil. Your commits as the EO and Expedite Now Editor in this forum are not funny. I happen to be a straight man and you know that Phil.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
AHhhhh Bruno...ATeam..... your testosterone is showing....your My Carrier is better then your carrier is starting to look a tad childish BOTH your back biting comments are below BOTH of your intellegence levels.....

OVM it has nothing to do with our carriers. I didn't slam Phil at all. As a matter of fact I posted something nice about Phil and his wife yesterday only to have him post things like this.

My post
Re: Meeting EO People

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut
I had the pleasure of meeting the A TEAM earlier this week. It was nice to finally meet them in person after chatting with them on line for months.

Phil and Diana are very nice people I have been told. I have never met Phil or Diana, but I have been told they really keep their truck clean. I was also told that the floors in the back of the Madsen's truck looks like you could play basketball on it. Sounds like the Madsen's take pride in there job as an expediter. My hats of to the Madsen's

Phil may think its a joke but I don't.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Frankly, i'd have to suggest, the comments are only BELOW one of intelligence levels. And, seems to be made in jest. Threatening a Court of Law?? And he wants to be the "change" vehicle. har, har, har!!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Back on topic now with anything else in PM. This is a professional forum. Be professional. Jokes go in the loading dock or PM's not the general forum.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Wow.

I don't even know what to say.

Um.

Nevermind.

Back on topic.....:rolleyes:

Dale

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Wow.

I don't even know what to say.

Um.

Nevermind.

Back on topic.....:rolleyes:

Dale

Your funny Dale. :)

Bur really how do you think the new rate is going to be? Do you think it's going to hurt your bottom line in a van? Do you think you may get more loaded miles in the long run? I don't know because we never had a van. I'm asking you because your the Van pro in expedite. And no that was not a slame. That is just my thoughts because you have been doing it longer than me.

thanks

fastrod

Expert Expediter
In the long run there will should be more loaded miles because Fedex should get more runs because they have reduced there rates to the customers. That is if they do reduce there rates to the customers. You have to understand that there is two reasons to go from a percentage to a much lower flat rate, one to lower your rate to the customer to become more competitive or two to prop up the companies bottom line by reducing the rate paid to the vans and charging the customer the same rate as before. I believe number one is why they did this. As far as the bottom line I am not sure but it will lower your rate per loaded mile for sure. And if you have a van leased with Fedex your gonna take the 85 cpm or find a new babysitting service.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'm going to take a GUESS here, and being i'm only GUESSING, I can't be held accountable. But, I'll GUESS, that anytime you take a CUT in rates, it would affect your bottom line. Lets take a vote.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
In the long run there will should be more loaded miles because Fedex should get more runs because they have reduced there rates to the customers. That is if they do reduce there rates to the customers. You have to understand that there is two reasons to go from a percentage to a much lower flat rate, one to lower your rate to the customer to become more competitive or two to prop up the companies bottom line by reducing the rate paid to the vans and charging the customer the same rate as before. I believe number one is why they did this. As far as the bottom line I am not sure but it will lower your rate per loaded mile for sure. And if you have a van leased with Fedex your gonna take the 85 cpm or find a new babysitting service.

You could always call or email for a rate quote on a duplicate run and see if the rate changed. Then you would have your answer.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'm going to take a GUESS here, and being i'm only GUESSING, I can't be held accountable. But, I'll GUESS, that anytime you take a CUT in rates, it would affect your bottom line. Lets take a vote.
Will it be a secret ballot ? :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only bottom line the Feds or any carrier are worried about is their own....
Your an INDEPENDENT owner/operator..it is YOUR responsibility to worry about your bottom line...

ANY carrier will change the conditions to meet their bottom line...That is their responsibility..Leaving you with 2 Choices..
1: Conform.....2: Leave

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Well isn't that interesting?
Fuel prices skyrocket at the OO's expense, and rates stay at the same level they've been at for years.. fsc goes up.. but reportedly from some who have been around for years, they were still paying way more in fuel expenses, as a percentage of income, than they were years and years ago..
Now fuel prices come back down.. not only do the fsc's get reduced, but the rates as well??
Was fine for the OO's to take the hit when their bottom line suffered as a result of the fuel price increases..
NOT fine for the big guns to take any kind of a hit when THEIR bottom line gets pinched.. pass it along to the OO's, they won't mind!!
And just to be clear so there are no hard feelings, not talking about FedEx, just larger carriers in general!

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Soon ALL parking lots full of Panther Vans, will be joined by FedEX fleet!! Talk about SATURATION CITY!!

Change the ARGUEMENTS, Does the BIG THREE AUTO MAKERS look to the cheaper competition for their solutions on Capital Hill?? NO!! Why FedEX chooses to amazes me..EVER GET PASSED BY A SIGN ON THE DOOR " SAY NO TO CHEAP FRT." Now at least keep the BAR higher BY "negotiating" your "SUPREME SERVICE" not dive to the bottom..You did that before.. it was called "AUTO QUIK"!!

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Why don't these carriers consider "Multi Billing" loads to help offset the declining freight rates they are charging the customer? I know that not all expedited freight is "high value" such as artwork, etc. If a driver was able to carry more than one stop (mutli customers) they could double and triple their per mile rates. I'm sure this would help put money back into the O/O's pocket that is slowly being taken away.

It never made since to me anyway to load two pallets into a 48' reefer trailer and then pay it $1.06/ml to haul it cross country. Yea, thats right! Turned that one down for sure!

If your carrier is offereing exclusive use,then multi-loads on 1 truck arent permitted.LTL or multi-loads and billing is fine,but cant be done if doing exclusive use loads,and FDCC is an exclusive use carrier.Guess you didnt know that,and whether temp. controlled or not,$1.06 for all miles in my tractor as yours,will never happen.Glad your doing well hauling those jet engines,we had heliocopter engine month ago.Round trip paid very very well.

Last edited: