Fed Ex and can't see the forest for the trees

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think anyone who writes on a public messageboard opens themselves up to criticism, praise, or indifference. Kind of the nature of the beast.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Why can't you move on with your lives and leave him alone?
Because Phil is the Jennifer Aniston of Expediting, and this is the National EOnquirer. People want to know what happens behind the scenes, who is he metaphorically sleeping with and all the sorted details, but most of all we want to see his pokies.

Monty

Expert Expediter
IMHO, he attempted to attract flies with vinegar. Like you, I wish them success at their new carrier. The LEAM folks (except Greg) seem to be a quiet bunch...and maybe for good reason.

Folks at LEAM tend to be self sufficent, and do not depend on a central dispatch to manage their lives, what's to share on a forum? I made lousy choices, or, I made great decisions?

I have continually stated, "I like Landstar", and I do ... what else is there to say?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It was most definitely not a Weiner reference. And I don't even know what "jails" means, unless Phil has a collection of pokeys somewhere. But if he does, that would make him a Gumby fan, probably, and would be a different kind of Pokey.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You've never heard of the jail being called the pokey? :confused:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You've never heard of the jail being called the pokey? :confused:
"And I don't even know what "jails" means, unless Phil has a collection of pokeys somewhere."

Yes, pokey, the plural of which is pokeys. Pokies is something altogether different than pokeys. Pokeys bad, pokies very, very good. :D

In Phil's case, it was a metaphorical, euphemistic pokies, not his actual pokies. <shudder>

Speaking of Jennifer Aniston, in her new movie "Horrible Bosses", she plays a sex-starved dentist who, in one scene, does really gnarly things to an iced lollipop, a hot dog, and a banana. You can see pics here: DailyMail.co.uk: "Horrible Bosses" (do not click unless you want to see Aniston in a bra, panties, garter belt and stockings, I mean it).

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
(...unless you want to see Aniston in a bra, panties, garter belt and stockings, I mean it).

There is nothing I can say without being banned, nothing at all. :eek:
Excuse me, I'm gonna grab a cold shower :D

Gracie2

Active Expediter
New to this, but here goes. We were with FedEx CC for 3 1/2 years. We came to LEAM with no regrets. We don't dis on FDCC. It seems to me that if Phil and Diane want to make it work with LEAM they need to let go of FDCC. We are proud of LANDSTAR, love it here. Phil gives the impression that all LANDSTAR needed was them to make there company wonderful. We don't talk about our company because we don't need to, except to say they treat us great. I read Phil's blogs and I just hope he soon goes on to another topic. LANDSTAR stands on there own, they don't need your help. We all work hard with in our own companies, yours and others, we don't need to dis on each other, it's called being a grown-up I think. Thanks

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Gracie2 wrote:

Phil gives the impression that all LANDSTAR needed was them to make there company wonderful.

While i understand we all form our own "impressions" and each of us can diifer from anothers, but please, if you will, point out exactly where Phil made any statement that would create that impression....

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Gracie2 wrote:

While i understand we all form our own "impressions" and each of us can diifer from anothers, but please, if you will, point out exactly where Phil made any statement that would create that impression....

Well, I don't really see where Gracie got her impression either from Phils blog, but I might have taken this a little awkward:

The single best thing was to call agents and let them know of our availability. When I did, I was surprised and pleased to hear some of them say that they already knew we were available and they were keeping an eye open for freight they could put on our truck.
To an outsider that doesn't keep up with Expediting, one who just ran across Phils blog, or one that looks over it every once in a while, the statement above may be taken as Phil is the "Truck" Expediting companys are looking for to keep loaded. The statement almost reads "we are THE Expediting Team out here and people are looking for loads for us at all times".

Just my opinion, that's all. Or, is this just Phil being the pompous a** he can be at times as someone else mentioned here earlier??