February Locations and Banter

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
dynamite, this isnt a bad time to take a break at the house.

good miles for the week. terrific is more accurate. rarely get this kind of string in the good times. glad i was in service to catch this run of luck. good enough week to help recover a couple slow months.

eb

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Us also, we left and went out and ran a week and were really busy. Only shut the truck off for 12 hours the whole time. LIKE !!

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
Why didnt you just put a recirculating tank type coolant heater on you're truck? They work so good and is only like a 20 min install. So simple. And around 50 bucks.

I want to get one of theses for kurt's sprinter. Wonder how it would work on the big truck.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Ok ladies and gentlemen I am asking for some help. It seems as thou my transmission needs an ECM. I have searched and searched. I can't find anything. New, used, refurbished, nothing. The freightliner dealer can't find one either. Some questions that I hope some of you can answer. First I have a Mercedes smart shift trans and the ECM part number is 970-260-18-59. If anyone can locate one for me I would be willing to give them a finders fee. Second if this part can not be found how hard would it be to swap trans out maybe replace it with an Allison or Eaton? Starting to grasp at straws on how to get the truck back on the road.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Not sure where to look for that. Maybe post the message up in it's own thread to see if the EO community as a whole might have some suggestions?

guido4475

Not a Member
I want to get one of theses for kurt's sprinter. Wonder how it would work on the big truck.

They sell them in different wattages. I started out with a 2500 watt and realized it was too much for my International straight truck back in 1990. Just cut one of the hoses going to the heater core and put the end from the engine on the top of the new heater and clamp it. Hook the end of the hose coming from the heater core to the bottom of the heater. And clamp it. Use a set of hose pliers about 12 inches apart from each other while doing this to prevent having to drain the coolant. Make sure air is not present in the coolant heater upon first use. Run the cord to wherever. 20 min job. They heat the antifreeze in thetank to like 160 than push it out into the system as it gets replaced wih cold antifreeze to reheat. The best heater to use. Besides an espar coolant heater.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok ladies and gentlemen I am asking for some help. It seems as thou my transmission needs an ECM. I have searched and searched. I can't find anything. New, used, refurbished, nothing. The freightliner dealer can't find one either. Some questions that I hope some of you can answer. First I have a Mercedes smart shift trans and the ECM part number is 970-260-18-59. If anyone can locate one for me I would be willing to give them a finders fee. Second if this part can not be found how hard would it be to swap trans out maybe replace it with an Allison or Eaton? Starting to grasp at straws on how to get the truck back on the road.

I have a couple of places I will call for you tomorrow !!!

guido4475

Not a Member
New intake and plugs, fuel filter, and new mirrors put on yesterday. It runs REAL good and strong now, better than ever.....The old mirror arms were literally breaking apart, made out of pot metal, so they say...Found a new set made specifically for this van on e-bay for less than half the cost of the factory replacements...The generator quit running while in Rochester before coming home...went to drain the oil yesterday and the oil/gas mixture in the bottle is what came out of it.....I dropped it off at the Honda dealer today to get fixed...Than went to Napa to buy front rotors, calipers, pads, bearings and seals...so I can do the front brakes..they only have 200k on them, and still going strong...lol...Just trying to prevent any future problems down the road...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Maybe the fender mirror on this Freightliner was made of "pot metal" too - it just fell off, driving through the J in Mt Vernon, Il. Course, it was full of the the most horrendous islands of choppy ice I've ever seen anywhere, and I felt like a rowboat in a hurricane, but still, you don't expect pieces & parts to start falling off the truck! Glad it wasn't something critical, at least. Also glad that the only ice in Alabama is in my drink. ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another cold day....another plane. Heading to Tn where it is supposed to snow. This is going to be fun.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another cold day....another plane. Heading to Tn where it is supposed to snow. This is going to be fun.

I might need Eddie to come out of the house and de-ice the plane and clear the runway tomorrow out of Memphis for me!