February Locations and Banter

guido4475

Not a Member
Ray and I were on the Ford website spec'ing out new Transits and there is an air-ride option on there as well. We think this is the Air-Lift 5000 system added on from the factory.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
I have stressed over and over- better communication is needed between dispatch and drivers... not just Load 1 all companies. And again today a bid team member messed up my logs. Called with a quote load. Called back & said it is a go, sending the info asap, it's ready now deliver direct. So we get stuff ready to go. I do my pre trip... no load. I call in & was told we were still on hold and he was on the phone getting the info... an hour later I send in a message... oh he never got that load... So either he did get it and it cancelled or he never got it and told me he did. Either way it started my log and we have been sitting here twiddling our thumbs for nothing... as soon as he knew it was not a go, a simple call or even a qc message is all it would take...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I have stressed over and over- better communication is needed between dispatch and drivers... not just Load 1 all companies. And again today a bid team member messed up my logs. Called with a quote load. Called back & said it is a go, sending the info asap, it's ready now deliver direct. So we get stuff ready to go. I do my pre trip... no load. I call in & was told we were still on hold and he was on the phone getting the info... an hour later I send in a message... oh he never got that load... So either he did get it and it cancelled or he never got it and told me he did. Either way it started my log and we have been sitting here twiddling our thumbs for nothing... as soon as he knew it was not a go, a simple call or even a qc message is all it would take...

I agree and will have it followed up on.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
I agree and will have it followed up on.

Thanks just got a call about it. I admit I should have waited till it was on the qc to start my log. But 99.9% of the time they tell you it is a go ready now deliver direct. It's a go. This time I wanted to be ready to roll as soon as we got the address. (Because I usually wait til we have the load info to start my pre trip and every time it makes us a few min late for a pickup.) And it bit me in the butt. Pickup times are usually so tight we wanted to be ready since it was supposed to be a set, ready now load. :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Understandable, but when on elogs, always wait to start. If it messes with the pick up time communicate it with dispatch and let them take care of it. Thats part of what they do.

cherokee727

Expert Expediter
Understandable, but when on elogs, always wait to start. If it messes with the pick up time communicate it with dispatch and let them take care of it. Thats part of what they do.

I get that and from now on I will wait as I always have in the past. But it doesn't change the fact he had us waiting to leave for over an hour. Yes it screwed up my logs. But that was not the point of my post. And I should have just left that part out and focused on the communication issue. It's not the first time this has happened.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
On a happy note, it never ceases to amaze me how we get loads out of the most unlikely places, thanks Caryn and Pam for two great loads that make for an outstanding week

Last edited:

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Howdy folks,just stopping in to say hi to everyone. My wife and I used to be sprinter #265 here at Load 1. Not sure if it's ok for me to be here on the Load 1 section. My wife talks about getting back into expediting and if I ever do I have to say I'd check with Load 1 first. Did ok here till I got sick.Learned alot. Hope y'all are safe and making $$.If I don't get the boot I'll stop in and see what's up periodically. Thanks.............................

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Howdy folks,just stopping in to say hi to everyone. My wife and I used to be sprinter #265 here at Load 1. Not sure if it's ok for me to be here on the Load 1 section. My wife talks about getting back into expediting and if I ever do I have to say I'd check with Load 1 first. Did ok here till I got sick.Learned alot. Hope y'all are safe and making $$.If I don't get the boot I'll stop in and see what's up periodically. Thanks.............................

No issue to me you still posting. You only left for health reasons. All good in my lowly opinion :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

Nope, you are fine. Dont be a stranger.