February Banter and Location

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I picked up in Detroit at midnight. Roads all the way down to below Lima were brutal. Took 3.5 hours to go the first 100 miles. After that it got better, but they really weren't clear until south of Dayton. I didn't see that first salt/plow truck until I got to the Ohio state line, and that one was just sitting there in the median playing Angry Birds or something.

But now I'm 41 miles SW as the crow flies of OVM, where I'm going to bed, 4th out.

I did finally get the big lettering on the Sprinter yesterday. So now I get to sit at the adult table at Thanksgiving and Christmas! :D

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I did finally get the big lettering on the Sprinter yesterday. So now I get to sit at the adult table at Thanksgiving and Christmas! :D

LOL, Dangit, when are we getting the "like" button back!?!?....

4th out?!?!?...looks like i mmight be 6th 7th.....and more.. on the way from what i heard.....yea

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Now I understand the premature offer for a paid move....Guido in Huntsville....Turtle and 2 others going to be 40 miles south of me....Why can't dispatch just fess up why the offer to move? I specifically asked why the early move and all I got was...I was instructed to ask if you'd like to move or not. Had I known I may have made the move I am # 1 here in a good area....let the followers move..gee whiz....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm in Springfield. Figure I'll sit tight for a while, see how it looks tonight or tomorrow. Only 100 miles from the house, tho.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We all care Scott, truly we do !!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeremy said the local is pulled up enough to get a straight in behind it. We will maybe see later if i can get motivated to do something.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Home doin Tax Stuff..wife sayes i can't wait till October to file ths yr....:rolleyes: ...I have dinner here then head to my pickup around 2000 then run down to Springfield....

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Seems like a good day to cook..smoked pork chops and mushroom gravy....I'd tell the hubby but I do believe he's nappin!:)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One good use for this creepy phone..I figured out I could use the camera feature to use as a mirror and shave...LOL

buckwheat

Seasoned Expediter
Tuscaloosa Ala.....cold here tonight. A question for anyone that chooses to answer: How long do you usually sit in a location before moving? Do you rely on dispatch for guidance or just figure it's time to move? I know sitting is part of the overall experience but I'd like to cut it down to a more manageable level. A day or maybe two isn't bad but it can be 5-6 days at times. I know dispatch is looking for loads. If they're unsuccessful then how long do you usually give it before moving? OK, that's more than one question. Thanks, Chris

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I ain't sittin no where 5-6 days.... now if i drop fri afternoon, i don't plan on a load over sat & sun..if that happens its a bonus...so fri night till monday night , i am movin.....during the week, 48 hours and i am movin now if the end of that 48 hrs is at say 1500, yea ill stick around and call dispatch after 1900 and see if Joe is inclined to pay for the move, if not..i am gone on my own...

5-6 days, that ain't happening.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tuscaloosa Ala.....cold here tonight. A question for anyone that chooses to answer: How long do you usually sit in a location before moving? Do you rely on dispatch for guidance or just figure it's time to move? I know sitting is part of the overall experience but I'd like to cut it down to a more manageable level. A day or maybe two isn't bad but it can be 5-6 days at times. I know dispatch is looking for loads. If they're unsuccessful then how long do you usually give it before moving? OK, that's more than one question. Thanks, Chris

Bad time for this question...on the eve of a Load 1 convention down that way over the weekend...looks to be about 8 sprinters within 200 miles of you down there....all up the I65 corridor....going north isn't an option really...Atlanta would be my choice...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ain't sittin no where 5-6 days.... now if i drop fri afternoon, i don't plan on a load over sat & sun..if that happens its a bonus...so fri night till monday night , i am movin.....during the week, 48 hours and i am movin now if the end of that 48 hrs is at say 1500, yea ill stick around and call dispatch after 1900 and see if Joe is inclined to pay for the move, if not..i am gone on my own...

5-6 days, that ain't happening.....

Dennis it is tough call...we are in the lanes....dead center as a matter of fact....