February 2017 locations and more

ScottInBama

Expert Expediter
Driver
Take the .55 & you're leaving .30+ on the table.
I honestly think it's a disservice to preach that those rates are sustainable. Especially from veteran expediters.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Did I preach anywhere they were sustainable?
Did I say any where a steady diet of them are any good? Nope...

I just found this discussion, so while the other O.F.'s are sleeping, I'll add my two cents.
I used to DH to Florida because I got a warm fuzzy feeling by supporting the industry and refusing to accept low paying loads. Then when I realized I was paying out a couple of hundred when I could be netting a couple of hundred, that warm and fuzzy became my stupid tax. I don't go home that often, so if I can get paid, even cheap, it won't hurt the industry as much as a DH will hurt me.
That's how I'd like to get home .60 is better then .00 now we are talking about getting to somewhere in OUR hour of need. Iam not spending a $100.00 of my money when I could be getting $300.00 of someone else's money .... why would I turn that down? To uphold some kind of social standard?
Just plain ole common sense employed here in my opinion!

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Don't drive through broadview hts, Ohio. They issue lots of tickets for that.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Texas doesn't issue specific plates, it's either regular or personalized
3a7495b0757f412be737732ac9b4a0fe.jpg

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So a state (or province) designated plate determines whether the exact same van has to enter the scales or not.

Nice

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Texas doesn't issue specific plates, it's either regular or personalized
3a7495b0757f412be737732ac9b4a0fe.jpg

Florida is the same way, but does Texas say its commercial on the registration like Florida does?

Ohio plates are easy to tell the difference, commercial plates always begin with the letter P (except commercial busses)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's ironic Ovm, Murray got me down here to Florida so I could get my generator - a/c & swing out basket kit from another expeditor - with a Mayo clinic delivery.
The equipment I bought was from a "failed" somewhat newbie expeditor. It wasn't anything he "did" per se, nor current rates, or lack of runs, etc.
He failed due to his new, " industry's most dependable... Never let you down" Promaster putting him out of business.
Some will say ".... his fault, should've bought used" , or "... he had no backup plan" or whatever.
The truth of the matter whole matter is - wait for it -
Life's a :censoredsign:, and then you die!
Another expeditor, friend of mine is leaving his carrier again, the one he says was to be his "last" one from which he would retire from - because they have buckled under the negative downward pressure of this game and have begun putting it onto the backs of the o/o. One of the last few surviving "elite", hard to sign up with smaller ones. No owner change or dramatic unjustified increase in units, but all of a sudden after many years of no escrow, low insurance and deductible expenses, no forced dispatch, "we're family here" environment ; now its become a hostile expensive low miles/lowwr rate, high non-payment deadhead-to-pickup environment. Just like the carrier knew if the "originals" I left after 10 yrs.
This is a whole different animal we're dealing with here than it was 10 yrs ago, and I'm not happy with the numbers and types entering this arena either.... But I won't stand in the way of anyone doing this the right way working hard to make a living. I will engage them in civil debate and try and not to belittle them.
I don't know what their needs are just as they don't know mine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using EO Forums mobile app
Wish I had of said that LOL

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's a question. How will EOBR'S be handled by independents? FMCSA says they're not aware of any available outside of a carrier network...

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Florida is the same way, but does Texas say its commercial on the registration like Florida does?

No, it doesn't. But when you're registering for the very first time, they're asking for the gross vehicle weight. That's not to determine if it's commercial, but to charge you accordingly...

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Boy, that was a nice 36 posts here on "Canadian Expediting Network" on the theory of expediting. Glad I have Murray to do my thinking for me, I already have a headache trying to follow

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
True Confessions for truck drivers lol

Not to leave home though...i think...(clock is ticking last expedite run was about 10 days ago)

So, you must be on strike?

Yes. That happens to be the rate. Home cleaning unless something juicy pops, bills be damned
(Went OoS at 7am but he can't resist calling me on a good rate)

Last edited:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Boy, that was a nice 36 posts here on "Canadian Expediting Network" on the theory of expediting. Glad I have Murray to do my thinking for me, I already have a headache trying to follow
emoji56.png
Just ignore us. With the exception of OVM anything US we do has to involve crossing the border, so it's not really the same