Retired Expediter
For no good reason, back in service

Lost in Space.
38486620.jpg

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
IMO Why? You'd leave the .55 on the table that would cover costs and a bit more and leave for FREE? I would log it in the Paid move category...
Myself I'd prefer .55 and just go to KC or EP and then get normal rate... I'd make about .32 cents a mile clear...
Take the .55 & you're leaving .30+ on the table.
I honestly think it's a disservice to preach that those rates are sustainable. Especially from veteran expediters.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Did I preach anywhere they were sustainable?
Did I say any where a steady diet of them are any good? Nope...

I just found this discussion, so while the other O.F.'s are sleeping, I'll add my two cents.
I used to DH to Florida because I got a warm fuzzy feeling by supporting the industry and refusing to accept low paying loads. Then when I realized I was paying out a couple of hundred when I could be netting a couple of hundred, that warm and fuzzy became my stupid tax. I don't go home that often, so if I can get paid, even cheap, it won't hurt the industry as much as a DH will hurt me.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't go home that often, so if I can get paid, even cheap, it won't hurt the industry as much as a DH will hurt me.
I suspend my one man protest after sitting at a truck stop twiddling my thumbs too long, but .60 I haven't done yet (Not even from El Paso)

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMO Why? You'd leave the .55 on the table that would cover costs and a bit more and leave for FREE? I would log it in the Paid move category...
Myself I'd prefer .55 and just go to KC or EP and then get normal rate... I'd make about .32 cents a mile clear...
Take the .55 & you're leaving .30+ on the table.
I honestly think it's a disservice to preach that those rates are sustainable. Especially from veteran expediters.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Did I preach anywhere they were sustainable?
Did I say any where a steady diet of them are any good? Nope...

I just found this discussion, so while the other O.F.'s are sleeping, I'll add my two cents.
I used to DH to Florida because I got a warm fuzzy feeling by supporting the industry and refusing to accept low paying loads. Then when I realized I was paying out a couple of hundred when I could be netting a couple of hundred, that warm and fuzzy became my stupid tax. I don't go home that often, so if I can get paid, even cheap, it won't hurt the industry as much as a DH will hurt me.
That's how I'd like to get home .60 is better then .00 now we are talking about getting to somewhere in OUR hour of need. Iam not spending a $100.00 of my money when I could be getting $300.00 of someone else's money .... why would I turn that down? To uphold some kind of social standard?