February 2017 locations and more

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Going to be a "vintage" straight.

Why? The whole point of the van is the advantages of being non-regulated. At 7 hours driving this week (3.5 of that deadheading) there ARE NO advantages
View attachment 15351

I skipped the straight and went right to driving a semi from a van. There was truck driving school in between but yeah worth. Plus I get all the advantages of being an employee like retirement insurance paid vacation and such. Also since I believe the turbo or the piping is leaking I don't have to fix that

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
9a9f8c4a52e4f666190d9f5b964bf37c.jpg
long day of 100 or so south of Chicago to Milwaukee for a live unload. Then DH to averitts Milwaukee yard for a p/u then hauled the mail down to Lexington. Shew what a week, I got something like 2,900 paid miles this

That mileage sucks 666 devils numbers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had 1 local for the week. Caught up on my messages and I think I'm not the only one slow

What's the rate right now, .60? Lots of bidding no wins...at least at a reasonable rate...

Back to napping until the wife finds me, its spring cleaning season
I'm ashamed to admit we went down to .55 for a 2500 miler to near home and we did NOT get it

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

The race to the bottom continues ....
I'd rather DH home....

Reactions: scottm4211

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep deleted post. Answered b/c I was in quote

I'm going to log off, cleaning the house kills my brain cells, I won't have anything useful to say

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had 1 local for the week. Caught up on my messages and I think I'm not the only one slow

What's the rate right now, .60? Lots of bidding no wins...at least at a reasonable rate...

Back to napping until the wife finds me, its spring cleaning season
I'm ashamed to admit we went down to .55 for a 2500 miler to near home and we did NOT get it

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

The race to the bottom continues ....
I'd rather DH home....
IMO Why? You'd leave the .55 on the table that would cover costs and a bit more and leave for FREE? I would log it in the Paid move category...
Myself I'd prefer .55 and just go to KC or EP and then get normal rate... I'd make about .32 cents a mile clear...

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMO Why? You'd leave the .55 on the table that would cover costs and a bit more and leave for FREE? I would log it in the Paid move category...
Myself I'd prefer .55 and just go to KC or EP and then get normal rate... I'd make about .32 cents a mile clear...
Take the .55 & you're leaving .30+ on the table.
I honestly think it's a disservice to preach that those rates are sustainable. Especially from veteran expediters.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I'm not arguing or trying to start a war of words but why drive for 50-65 cents a mile or less in a van when you can 40cpm or more to drive a semi and get lots of miles every week. I guess I don't see elogging and all the other semi stuff as that much of a hassle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Take the .55 & you're leaving .30+ on the table.
I honestly think it's a disservice to preach that those rates are sustainable. Especially from veteran expediters.

Sent from my VS987 using EO Forums mobile app
Did I preach anywhere they were sustainable?
Did I say any where a steady diet of them are any good? Nope...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not arguing or trying to start a war of words but why drive for 50-65 cents a mile or less in a van when you can 40cpm or more to drive a semi and get lots of miles every week. I guess I don't see elogging and all the other semi stuff as that much of a hassle

Because you were talking to two old farts? Lol

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Up for coffee cuz my 20 pound cats kicked me out of my nice warm bed. So no baby giraffe yet! A quarter to 4 in the morning dayum!

I about gave up on watching the birth of the baby giraffe. Will see it eventually on a replay when it finally happens. 40 degrees and sunny. Got the heat on. Drinking my 1st cuppa coffee. Always the best one. Do you have Maine Coon cats? They are in the 20 pound range..

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Up for coffee cuz my 20 pound cats kicked me out of my nice warm bed. So no baby giraffe yet! A quarter to 4 in the morning dayum!

I about gave up on watching the birth of the baby giraffe. Will see it eventually on a replay when it finally happens. 40 degrees and sunny. Got the heat on. Drinking my 1st cuppa coffee. Always the best one. Do you have Maine Coon cats? They are in the 20 pound range..
Not sure of their heritage....just strays that have adopted us. Watching the cat cam so I know when they're ready to come in for breakfast and the giraffe cam just in case..lol