Favorite Places to Eat

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had BBQ from Red Hot and Blue BBQ I think the name was after my daughters graduation. It's somewhere in north Ft Worth. I dislike potato salad usually but theirs was actually very good.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Pauls Smokehouse in Titusville, FL. On US1 on the river directly accross from Kennedy Space Center.
Best Prime Rib and French Onion Soup I've ever had.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
backing up post 8

004-1.jpg

008.jpg

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Jack, it is close to diner and seeing left over food is not what some call appealing. :D Beside it makes a lot of us jealous :p

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i really tried to finish it. funny how i never show pix of the flat bread roll-ups we prepare in the truck or the plastic glass of protein powder used to jump start the day. just the glamour meals. :D

just wait until next months wedding. the pile of rib bones will be very large indeed.
:p

spyboyyy

Seasoned Expediter
In 2007 we happened upon the "Hungry Redneck Cafe" near Durkee, OR on I-84 x 327. At the time we went there was an actual "chef" in the kitchen not a cook or food warmer. We ate breakfast that day but the lunch and dinner specials looked delicious. Another favorite is the "Beef House" in Covington, IN on I-74 x 4. The steaks are fresh and the price is reasonable and there is a Pilot t/s across the highway for convenient parking make this a great place for a meal.
More later.

guido4475

Not a Member
I dont know.I'm kinda a plain and picky eater at the same time.I do not like any kind of condiments at all.Never liked my food touching when I was a kid, got alot better about that now.No more divider plate.lol.I guess Golden Corrall and then Ryans, then Prime sirloin buffet, and Cracker Barrell,(Monday night pork-chop special is to die for) along with Petro and T/A.Flying J just flat out sucks bigtime.I love Arthur Treachers fish and chips, not too many left around anymore.I love fish such as deep=fried breaded perch.I can live on the stuff.Catfish isnt bad, either. There is a place in Lexington, Tn on 412 that used to be an old gas station that has an awesome Catfish dinner.

JBCarroll

Seasoned Expediter
Don't know if its still open but in Mineral Wells West Virginia off interstate 77. Theres a place called ( New Parkersburg Truck Stop ). The food there is great, and you better be hungry when you walk in.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
When in Orlando,Boston Lobster Feast.All the Lobster you can eat,seafood buffet.
Exit 115 on I 10 in Louisiana,Crawfish Town USA,,it's in Breaux Bridge La.You wont leave there hungry
exit 183 I 40 in Carlisle Arkansas,Nicks BBQ,even better than most Texas BBQ's
When in my city,kent,Oh,Henrey Wahners.two things here,you need a big appetite.Great German food,and huge steaks,including prime rib.Second thing,no parking except for vans or maybe a sprinter.Oh, no credit cards either.
When in Chicago area,Portillo's Hot Dogs,great sandwiches,not just hot dogs.

Last edited:

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Canjun Charlie's in Sulpher Springs, I think LA hope it's still there. There's truck parking across the street, and an absolute to die for Canjun smorgasboard, you can order off the menu, or partake of the tables groaning under the weight of the food. YUM,YUM
If you always wanted to try canjun but, didn't want the whole gator, this is the place.
Not horribly expensive either.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
A charburger at the Oakland Grill In Marion, Ohio. A bargain at any price. The New Riegel Cafe in New Riegel, Ohio for good, inexpensive ribs....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Michigan Bar and Grill on Monroe Street in Monroe Michigan. Good food, nice place, fair prices and enough to take it back to the truck for a second meal.

For a nicer time, more expensive, small with outstanding food try the Frog Leg Inn located in Erie, Michigan.

Don't forget the original Tony Paco's in Toledo.

spyboyyy

Seasoned Expediter
I was not going to share...

This place I discovered is good and I was not going to share it because I did not want people to ruin a good thing by leaving urine bottles and trucker trash in the parking lot we use when visiting the restaurant. I decided to share because I have faith that most truckers are good people. So don't eff it up. Its called "the Parthenon" and is located in Lincoln, NE on SR 2 where it intersects with S 56th St. Its situated in a shopping area that includes a Target, which can be seen from SR 2; that is on the north side of the road. Good Greek food is what they serve, we especially enjoy the braised lamb shank. We park in the shopping center lot near the restaurant and never sleep over night since there are plenty places to sleep east and west of Lincoln. Tell the chef a trucker team recommended his food.

Thanks.

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
The Broken Yolk, Pacific Beach, CA

When I was in the Navy from '90-'94 I found this place and I have to say they have the best breakfast anywhere. They have over 20 different omelettes (I would suggest the beef stroganoff omelette) and a huge menu of comfort food. Along with the food the atmoshpere is so relaxing with the beach a few blocks away sitting on the rooftop eating area with the ocean breeze and the warm sun, nothing compares.

It would be hard to get to with a straight truck, you probably would have to park a few blocks away but what better place to be if you have to walk a little, not to mention a good walk on the beach after eating there wouldn't be the worst thing.

Since they've opened in Mission Beach they have opened a few more locations in the San Diego area that might be more capatible for larger vehicles. Bon Appetit!!!

San Diego Breakfast Restaurants - Broken Yolk Cafe "We've Got Huevos", Pacific Beach Restaurants