Fast Food Strike: Workers Walk Out In US Cities

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Also first it's fast food...then everyone wants more money. Cashiers at walmart, grocery stores, etc. Who pays for that? First we give them 15 an hour then everyone enjoys price increases on everything and no one not even the 15 dollar an hour burger flipper can afford groceries, etc.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who made that rule! The truth is it is a low skill job and has been held by young people,but in today's economy you see more and more adult's having to take those job's,so what is wrong with asking for better wage's?

Because more people are not preparing themselves for better jobs they should be compensated? You pay one more you pay them all more including the teenager.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Also first it's fast food...then everyone wants more money. Cashiers at walmart, grocery stores, etc. Who pays for that? First we give them 15 an hour then everyone enjoys price increases on everything and no one not even the 15 dollar an hour burger flipper can afford groceries, etc.

Do they not realize how many factory workers there are that earn less than $15/hr? They work harder, have more skills and training but are well under $15/hr.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obamacare is not as expensive as Blue Cross in my case.

You are not buying it for your employees. Obama care is a joke that is going to cost a LOT of people their jobs, or hours. NO ONE will win, there are only losers. It is bad law that makes a bad situation worse.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
When immigration reform is passed, all those illegals will take those jobs for the current minimum wage. You can thank a democrat for that.
Just think, if Obama had the economy humming along, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Pretty much anything coming out of Washington is anti-growth.
Just a thought to ponder.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Simple....Charge a higher rate for the junk food... Americans will pay....they love the junk.

Not even close to simple. A 10% drop in sales combined with higher wages would close the doors on many ff locations. The result even less people employed.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Simple....Charge a higher rate for the junk food... Americans will pay....they love the junk.

I got a MUCH better idea. Drop the idea that everyone and anyone who is unwilling to look out for themselves be made to become responsible for themselves. The more you cover for bums the more bums there will be.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Because more people are not preparing themselves for better jobs they should be compensated? You pay one more you pay them all more including the teenager.

If they were being honest they would say that it is a group of people who refuse to learn, have made really bad choices, and refuse to try that feel they should be compensated as though they are somewhat successful at life. They need the extra money not so much to pay bills but more for their self-esteem because right now they feel like losers that society couldn't care less about and they don't like dealing with the reality of their choices.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got a MUCH better idea. Drop the idea that everyone and anyone who is unwilling to look out for themselves be made to become responsible for themselves. The more you cover for bums the more bums there will be.

At what I pay that ain't bum prices....lol

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
At what I pay that ain't bum prices....lol

Prices will continue to go up under Obama Care. Ever wonder why the low premium/high deductable HSA plans are going away under Obama Care? They were inexpensive, they worked and gave the individual control over their own heath care. NOTHING that Obama wants to happen. Obama Care is SOLELY about control.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Obamacare is not as expensive as Blue Cross in my case.

There are many that are seeing huge increases in rates due to Obamacare and it isn't even fully implemented yet. The prices are going up and the middle class will be pulled down further.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There are many that are seeing huge increases in rates due to Obamacare and it isn't even fully implemented yet. The prices are going up and the middle class will be pulled down further.

That is the idea. Destroy the middle class. They want two classes the ruling class and the ruled class. That's it.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Like I said my rate is the same as BC quoted me before I became uninsurable...
What I belong to is a group called PCIP
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan... Where at least 3 insurance companies have denied me coverage.... Now at least I am paying some contribution toward care costs.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like I said my rate is the same as BC quoted me before I became uninsurable...
What I belong to is a group called PCIP
Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan... Where at least 3 insurance companies have denied me coverage.... Now at least I am paying some contribution toward care costs.

Insurance needs to be outlawed. Everyone should pay their own way. Prices would plummet and you would not be being forced on to welfare medicine, which is EXACTLY what Obama Care is. Controlled, welfare medicine. Good luck with that.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Insurance needs to be outlawed. Everyone should pay their own way. Prices would plummet and you would not be being forced on to welfare medicine, which is EXACTLY what Obama Care is. Controlled, welfare medicine. Good luck with that.

I've always said one of the biggest problems with healthcare is it's not a competitive, price shopping market. We comparison shop for everything but xrays, shots, etc. We'll read reviews on which restaurants provide good service, fair prices and serve delicious food yet bc of insurance we go to who takes our insurance blindly.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've always said one of the biggest problems with healthcare is it's not a competitive, price shopping market. We comparison shop for everything but xrays, shots, etc. We'll read reviews on which restaurants provide good service, fair prices and serve delicious food yet bc of insurance we go to who takes our insurance blindly.

Some how, we as a nation, have come to believe that we need not be responsible for our own lives. We believe that companies or the government is some how responsible for what should be our right and responsibility. In fact, people should be INSULTED by the government who believes that THEY can care for us better than we can.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just freaking fire them all and let them live on the government teat.... I am tired of extortionists and entitlement minded losers thinking they are owed something...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just freaking fire them all and let them live on the government teat.... I am tired of extortionists and entitlement minded losers thinking they are owed something...

WELL, this nipple on the government teat is tapped out. I am tired of PAYING for the extortionists and entitlement minded losers.

fketchum

Seasoned Expediter
I wonder how many expediters receive some type of goverment assistance for their famlies. Including medical assistance for children with out the father in the house hold
And food stamps
Sent from my GT-N5110 using EO Forums mobile app