Express 1

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Nope...no miles. My driver just made $800 this week running 2,400 mikes, but that was only his pay. Lol

where's your Big money like Eddie...???...your driver didn't do so well....

well 800 is nothing to sneeze at but he drove alot of miles to do it....

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member

At 50 mph average, it comes out close to a little over $16.00 an hour.Or .33 cpm.Is this all miles, or just loaded, the numbers given?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
At 50 mph average, it comes out close to a little over $16.00 an hour.Or .33 cpm.Is this all miles, or just loaded, the numbers given?

don't know what his driver is contracted for....or is he including any DH pay and Toll money....They do get pretty good toll allowance...
another friend of mine who has been there about 7 years says he has never seen them as tight with a buck as they have been since the last quarter......

MANIAC

Seasoned Expediter
Chef dennis, ovm, remember that drive less make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$! Yeah, maybe express 1 should take notes! Should have leased at load 1 3.5 years ago! Would have been alot farther ahead!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chef dennis, ovm, remember that drive less make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$! Yeah, maybe express 1 should take notes! Should have leased at load 1 3.5 years ago! Would have been alot farther ahead!

Guess i should have told you i was switching at the last expo when we cooked together?...That is when I knew I was switching....I didn't even let John E. know till a couple weeks after the Expo...

guido4475

Not a Member

I'm right there with you, although I was with a different carrier than you were.Sometimes we learn the hard way, or go through Hell to find Heaven. I have never been so happy with who I am leased to.

guido4475

Not a Member
Guess i should have told you i was switching at the last expo when we cooked together?...That is when I knew I was switching....I didn't even let John E. know till a couple weeks after the Expo...

Real covert operation.....lol...you were in stealth mode...lol...You sly dog, you!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Real covert operation.....lol...you were in stealth mode...lol...You sly dog, you!

Funny tho..I let John E. go thru his sales pitch and he made a great presentation, little did he know my mind was made up....LOL...not to mention all the free beer!....Thanks John!

guido4475

Not a Member
Funny tho..I let John E. go thru his sales pitch and he made a great presentation, little did he know my mind was made up....LOL...not to mention all the free beer!....Thanks John!

And if he only knew what was in store for him by you signing on !!!!! lol....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Nope...no miles. My driver just made $800 this week running 2,400 mikes, but that was only his pay. Lol

Great week for miles....My week was a bit slower..only 3 runs...1649 total miles, 1493 loaded miles.....$2336 to the truck...oh and another $200.00 in layover pay...

Keep runnin those miles...:D

ScoobyMagee

Expert Expediter
It seems to me that the same people post on this site all the time. It also seems like they have alot of time to do this, must be driving and posting or just slow. There is room in this business for everyone. Too many people spend too much time taking cheap shots at others. They have all the answers to everything but they only seem to be loyal to the company they work for until they jump to the next company to start all over again. Thanks for reading my rant! And yes I work for E-1 for over 7 yrs.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It seems to me that the same people post on this site all the time. It also seems like they have alot of time to do this, must be driving and posting or just slow. There is room in this business for everyone. Too many people spend too much time taking cheap shots at others. They have all the answers to everything but they only seem to be loyal to the company they work for until they jump to the next company to start all over again. Thanks for reading my rant! And yes I work for E-1 for over 7 yrs.

I have been with Express for over 7 years. Dang, reading some of these post, how do we manage to pay the bills? I have read the numbers some post, and I see lower amounts than mine. Whats the big deal? Oh, we are contracted to the wrong carrier, yep that's it....... RaRa.

harleynana9302

Seasoned Expediter
harleynana...have you seen things change much since Brad Jacobs took over. have you been busier, seen promising change or a brighter future with them? I hear a lot of big talk from his takeover but don't seem to hear of any progress?

we signed on with them right when jacobs was investing......so i do not know how it was before....we are staying as busy as we want and doing better than at our previous carrier....we are NOT sitting as much and NOT turning loads down as we know what they are paying our reefer truck when they call us.....we are HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 more months and the truck is paid OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter

He actually made the $800 after he had taken the %50 advance and everything else. I'm paying a 65/35 split

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Great week for miles....My week was a bit slower..only 3 runs...1649 total miles, 1493 loaded miles.....$2336 to the truck...oh and another $200.00 in layover pay...

Keep runnin those miles...:D

The truck didn't do bad. I'll have to wait until Weds to get more info.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Yup driver is paying for the fuel. And he got a run that drops tomorrow from Sturgis, MI to Lexington, TN.