Express 1

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang you guys...they just made a public announcement a couple months ago on pay rates...

Back to $1.20 for a solo and $1.24 for teams....plus FSC

nottoold1961

Active Expediter
My driver already has 1258 mi this week. I've got 910 but...there isn't miles here! Lol

Its not the miles that count. It is what they PPM. I don't now about you truck, I can not move mine for less then $1.25 PPM. Any thing less, and i would be paying them.

coppertone

Active Expediter
I remember joking with my nephew when E-1 had their split pay - $1.20, unless it's a favored customer... then it's $1.12. I said everyone will become their favored customer.

They did.

I don't know what they're paying now. What are you and your husband planning on driving?
We would be driving a S/S. I know what their rate per mile is. I just wondered overall what it breaks down for yearly income. My husband makes over $40,000 hauling race horses but no luck in me finding a job. We just miss expediting. We always enjoyed the lifestyle and enjoy being together. All of you who love this job know what I mean. We can live on less, and we keep going back and forth on whether we want to take the risk. We keep coming back to our love of the industry, risks and all. Plus living in Florida with family in Pa. it makes getting home to see grandchildren difficult. Life isn't worth living if you spend it always wondering what could have been. Just a few of my thoughts on the matter.:)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Its not the miles that count. It is what they PPM. I don't now about you truck, I can not move mine for less then $1.25 PPM. Any thing less, and i would be paying them.

I understand what you're saying, driving a van tho is about the same across the board. Some $1 loads fewer .80 loads and a lot of .70 loads.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
so whats FSC this week? .17 or .18 cents plus your .70.....Total...88 cents....you have to drive a few more miles then even Panther does....LOL

If it works for him then its all good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OVM still splits hotdogs even though he stepped up a few cents per loaded mile! But, hey, it's all in an individuals perception of reality. I would rather have a little bit less money and be busy then a whole lot of momey and be sitting. You actually need a combination of the two "miles and good paying loads!" You can make 5 bucks a loaded mile, but if you are only running 50 miles a week you'll be out of business faster than LRT.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdans

Active Expediter
I would say that if you want to drive some miles, go with it. Remember, a recruiter will say what is best for the company they work for. I drove for an O/O who was an ***, didn't care at all about his trucks much less for his drivers. Express-1 doesn't really care about the drivers, only the owners. They make money from the truck only. But, they seem to have some decent loads. There are allways paranoid conspiricies about "they feed this owners trucks" and so on. I do know that Tri State has some loads that would be great for solo's (and maybe teams) plus, you can book your own loads, providing you have your own authority. Myself, I'm trying to get on at Landstar. I've NEVER heard a negative thing about them and they have some hellacious loads. Wish I had my own rig! I'd be with Landstar in a NY minute. Good luck!