Expediter Services Truck Drivers-Question?

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
How about a 2 foot step ladder either wood or aluminium. You may not have to open it just lean it against the bottom step. May take him a couple of tries to get used to it. But it should not be much of an expense.

MISSBUDDY

Seasoned Expediter
How about a 2 foot step ladder either wood or aluminium. You may not have to open it just lean it against the bottom step. May take him a couple of tries to get used to it. But it should not be much of an expense.

Great idea bearcat, I never even thought of that....Thanks for the tip............Well, we go to orientation next week......Thanks again for the tip....Gonna try that!!!!!:D

NightRanger

Seasoned Expediter
O.K. I am confused and looking for some help sorting out my ?'s about expediter services. The banner ad at the top of the page here says hiring teams only and the website says now hiring single and team positions...are they hiring singles or not? please help. I could call but why waste my time and theirs if someone on here knows.

Kazper1008

Seasoned Expediter
All I can say is I drove for ES for 5 months and they were going to let me drive solo contrary to what alot of people here have said. I was set to go solo and before I left my girlfriend ended up teaming with me. ES told me it was fine to go solo.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
A call won't be a waste of time to get the right info. Most ads are delayed by a month or more.

NightRanger

Seasoned Expediter
Kazper1008 and greg334, Thanks for the feed back appreciate the info and wisdom. Kazper1008 are you still working for ES? You say you drove for them for 5 mos. and they were going to let you drive solo. My ? about this is do you have to drive with someone else first like a training phase or am I just reading what you wrote here wrong? THANKS!

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Anyway, it should make for some interesting reads from the newbs when something kinda difficult or kinda important comes up. Wonder if the folks at ES are getting cold feet yet?

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Kazper1008 and greg334, Thanks for the feed back appreciate the info and wisdom. Kazper1008 are you still working for ES? You say you drove for them for 5 mos. and they were going to let you drive solo. My ? about this is do you have to drive with someone else first like a training phase or am I just reading what you wrote here wrong? THANKS!

What Kazper fails to mention is what type truck and what company it was leased on with. This makes all the difference in the world because they have a few 72" sleeper trucks with the smaller companies.
BTW, they have not updated their website for years. Please call and bother them.:D

Kazper1008

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry Humble2Drive you are right I didnt think about that. I drove for Fedex CC with ES. NightRanger I didnt have to drive with a trainer but I have been a driver for 5 years now. I dont work for ES anymore ive moved on but Im still with Fedex CC. If you have any more ?s about ES I will tell you all I can.:)

MISSBUDDY

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe you could fit a harness to him and hoist him up.

Well, We tried it with our dog Buddy and he just couldn't handle it, All he did was shake for a week, so our friend has him back in Michigan...We miss him alot, But we just couldn't force him to live like that in a truck, He's 7 years old and has been running on 105 acres for 7 years......He's happier out of the truck........We are doing great with our new job of expediteing and getting loads everyday....On our way to Memphis right now......We still have alot to learn, But we are doing it....Thanks to all who have given us advice over the passed couple years......But how the heck do you learn how to sleep in a moving truck? Thats our hardest thing to get used too? Any advice on that or does it just take time?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I rode with my son several months in his 18 wheeler.
We were moving folks with United Van Lines. I slept like a log in the sleeper, but it took about a week to do it, but u get used to being bounced around. As for truck stop sleeping, I used ear plugs and that did it for me and stay away from those reefer trucks, they are loud with that refrigeration unit running. Now that I'm in my cargo van, I stay at walmarts as much as possible and that works for me or at Sam Clubs, they close at 8pm so they are quiet. Ive have also stayed at tractor supply stores with permission from managers,,they go home at 8pm too. I can sleep through about anything now,,,I even use to sleep thru planes landing on our sleeping area aboard ship ( aircraft carrier), u can do it,when ur dead tired...............sky

Blackbeard

Seasoned Expediter
I use ear plugs and take a tylenol pm if I don;t have to drive for the next 6 hours. It will put you to sleep in about an hour and you will sleep soundly and wake up fresh no matter how many times your husband hits the alligators on the side of the road!

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
Great idea bearcat, I never even thought of that....Thanks for the tip............Well, we go to orientation next week......Thanks again for the tip....Gonna try that!!!!!:D
Attach a board to the back of the ladder so his feet won't go through.

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
This looks helpful. A harness with a handle to give the dog a hand.
Dog Lift-N-Aid
260809zz.jpg

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
Buy that dog lifting harness and then notch some
4 inch plastic pipe so it will clip over the door and the back seat.
On the pipe attach a pulley.

dogshed

Seasoned Expediter
Buy that dog lifting harness and then notch some
4 inch plastic pipe so it will clip over the door and the back seat.
On the pipe attach a pulley.
Actually a pulley inside the door might be better.
He can crawl up the side of the truck and in like
spiderman.