Expediter in desparate need of help

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
I was hoping someone in the area could help me. I was in a team straight truck with the owner who was sleeping at the time. I hit a deer that jumped a guard rail and collided with the truck on the right front side. It happened in a split second. The owner of the truck does not believe me because there is no blood or fur on the truck. I could have went to the bus stop but it would be 3 daysbefore a bus with seats were available. So he left me off at the pilot/flying j in Dallas, TX with little money for food and of course no way home. I was not lying about the deer. Then since his insurance has a 1000 deductible, he is not paying me the money I earned which was about 1,000 dollars of course. I was wondering if one of you expediters were coming through Dallas on your way north, east, northeast, (I live in PA) just somewhere I could get closer to home. It may be a few days or longer before my wife can come get me. I was hoping to hitch a ride with you. I was not given much but could provide some money for fuel if necessary. I can provide my CDL or proof of my identity if necessary. I would provide a phone number but do not know if that is allowed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You're allowed to post your own phone number.

Your carrier may be able to help, since they'll know where their other trucks are and where they're headed.

I've hit a deer on several occasions where no blood or fur was left behind. The one time blood and fur was left was the one time the vehicle was rendered undrivable.

That truck owner is a POS.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wish I could help but I'm nowhere near Texas. But I got broadsided by some short quick running animal in Texas a few weeks ago. Dented the door, no blood or hair. Didn't even scratch the paint. My brother got broadsided by a deer in WI. Wiped out a front fender and his door. This is my van door below.
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1417248795.091241.jpg

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I was hoping someone in the area could help me. I was in a team straight truck with the owner who was sleeping at the time. I hit a deer that jumped a guard rail and collided with the truck on the right front side. It happened in a split second. The owner of the truck does not believe me because there is no blood or fur on the truck. I could have went to the bus stop but it would be 3 daysbefore a bus with seats were available. So he left me off at the pilot/flying j in Dallas, TX with little money for food and of course no way home. I was not lying about the deer. Then since his insurance has a 1000 deductible, he is not paying me the money I earned which was about 1,000 dollars of course. I was wondering if one of you expediters were coming through Dallas on your way north, east, northeast, (I live in PA) just somewhere I could get closer to home. It may be a few days or longer before my wife can come get me. I was hoping to hitch a ride with you. I was not given much but could provide some money for fuel if necessary. I can provide my CDL or proof of my identity if necessary. I would provide a phone number but do not know if that is allowed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What Carrier do you drive for? I know at Panther the owner has to make sure the driver gets back home safely. I agree with Turtle in regards to not having any fur on the truck. I think over the years our drivers have hit about 20 deer. We had one truck that hit one every 3 months. I'm sorry that you and your family our dealing with someone that did this to you. Please don't think that all the people in Expediting our like this, because we are not.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
What Carrier do you drive for? I know at Panther the owner has to make sure the driver gets back home safely. I agree with Turtle in regards to not having any fur on the truck. I think over the years our drivers have hit about 20 deer. We had one truck that hit one every 3 months. I'm sorry that you and your family our dealing with someone that did this to you. Please don't think that all the people in Expediting our like this, because we are not.
Hey Dave, go fiddy fiddy on a plane ticket?

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If the owner was on the truck and sleeping didn't he wake up? If he did what does he think you hit a guardrail ?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Totally agree that the owner is a POS and a scumbag of a human being, too.
Subzero: I gather you've got it covered - if not, post again, please. No one wants to worry that you're stranded.
For future reference, [and for others who need cheap transpo] check the Megabus routes. It's meant for college students, so the prices are low [I did Cleveland to Detroit for $11.00!], the buses are clean [doubledeckers, too], and every seat has an AC & USB port, so you can stay connected, lol. It's a great option, if it works for you.

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
I wanted to update everyone. I received a phone call yesterday from a fellow member here who read my post and bought me a plane ticket home and gave me 200 dollars for a hotel and other expenses because the plane leaves Monday. I want to acknowledge him here but I believe he told me he did not want me to do that and I will respect that of course. For someone to do that for somebody else that they do not even know, I cannot begin to thank him enough for his generosity and compassion. He does not even want paid back for all he has done for me. I will call my carrier (V3 transportation) Monday to hopefully get with another driver or better yet, get a solo position because I still want to pay him back for everything he has done for me. I hope that some day I will be in a position to do the same thing for someone else. Thanks to everyone for the information they have provided to me. Being over 1200 miles from home with not many options, it could have went really bad. I can never thank him enough for what this fellow expediter has done for me.

Reactions: Ftransit

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
No he did not wake up and when I went to the truck stop a few miles down the road to get to a safe spot, I woke him up. He claims you cannot hit a deer without some evidence of blood or fur on the truck. I hit a deer before in my truck and also in my car without any evidence of blood or fur on it. So for that reason, he does not know what I hit but says it could not be a deer. I know what I saw jump over the guardrail and collide with the truck and I am not going to lie to him or my carrier and risk my license to save my job.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mercy,one expediter out of 10,000 bought this man a plane ticket home.......enough said.

Totally awesome!

This certainly is the Thanksgiving heartwarming story. A stranded driver was reunited and enjoyed part of the thanksgiving with his family with help from an EO member who was a totally a stranger.

Your exemplary action and kindness make you truely the Knights of the Road!!!

Reactions: Ftransit

jamom123

Expert Expediter
That's an awesome outcome to this very bad situation, when where out here on the road it's good to know you still have your EO family behind you.

Brothers Expediting Inc.

Rookie Expediter
Totally awesome!

This certainly is the Thanksgiving heartwarming story. A stranded driver was reunited and enjoyed part of the thanksgiving with his family with help from an EO member who was a totally a stranger.

Your exemplary action and kindness make you truely the Knights of the Road!!!

I will gladly second that ! I respect the he** out of the man who helped that stranded driver get back home. He even did it the right way too... He wanted to help without being recognized for his good deed. Thanks for reminding me what it's really supposed to be about today. Jeff

P.S. Turtle is 100% correct about the owner of that truck.

subzero89

Seasoned Expediter
I just wanted to update everyone. I arrived back home last night. I now will be on my way to pick up my next truck in Dayton, OH from another owner who is letting me run solo. I want to truly thank everyone for their help and the terrific suggestions they gave to me when this happened. As for the wonderful expediter who spent so much time and money to get me home, words cannot even begin to express how thankful I am to him. All he said to me is to do this for someone else someday if you can which I hope to do sometime soon. It is really wonderful to know that no matter who you are leased on with, we are really a family which I am honored to be part of. God Bless everyone of you!!