Estimate $1.4 Billion taxpayer dollars spent on Obama family last year

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
An incredible amount of that article, and I would imagine the book, is skewed, twisted and exaggerated. Some of it incorrect and highly misleading.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Because the author is a conservative with an agenda, that's why.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
So you dispute his numbers so OBama s staff how many and what is their pay ? How many Czars and what is the pay? How many assistants does Michelle have? 25 most First ladys only have 1. so how much does the dog handler get ????? Obama isnt using Air Force ONe like a regular airline ???

bobwg

Expert Expediter
by the way the author admits all Presidents take advantage of the perks but it seems this Pres has gone overboard trying to live like Royalty and his point is the White house sets it own budget how many employees ,what they get paid, Czars that are not confirmed by Congress, and no transparent accounting for what they spend.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm really concerned on what we are paying for all those golf balls he keeps hitting in the woods. :cool:

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Because the author is a conservative with an agenda, that's why.

If you take a look at the book the author makes himself clear right up front:

"This book was not written as a partisan attack against President Obama"

So, there.

Also the fact that it comes out in an election year is purely coincidental.:rolleyes:

bobwg

Expert Expediter
If you take a look at the book the author makes himself clear right up front:

So, there.

Also the fact that it comes out in an election year is purely coincidental.:rolleyes:

So what does not mean his facts are wrong and that his point is correct that Obama spends like he is Royalty and answers to no one on how much he spends

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
by the way the author admits all Presidents take advantage of the perks but it seems this Pres has gone overboard trying to live like Royalty
It seems that way because there is no context with which to contrast and compare the presidents. What does overboard mean? What if he has actually flown on Air Force One fewer times than his predecessors? Would his travels aboard Air Force One still then be overboard?

The fact is, according to the U.S. Air Force's 89th Airlift Wing, the folks who do the actual flying for the president, Junior took more trips (missions) away from Washington, and flew more stops (sorties) while on those trips, than Obama has, and it's not even close. Junior flew to Beaumont, TX more times than Obama has played holes, not rounds, but holes, of golf.

and his point is the White house sets it own budget how many employees ,what they get paid, Czars that are not confirmed by Congress, and no transparent accounting for what they spend.
Except that Congress approves the White House budget, same as they do the other branches of government.

So you dispute his numbers so OBama s staff how many and what is their pay ? How many Czars and what is the pay? How many assistants does Michelle have? 25 most First ladys only have 1. so how much does the dog handler get ????? Obama isnt using Air Force ONe like a regular airline ???
I would take the time to debunk many things in the article, but it would be a waste of time since you won't believe any of it, even if it were irrefutable. The problem is the lack of context. But for starters, the dog does not have a dedicated handler who's primary job is to take care of the dog, nor did the dog get his own air plane on a trip, which many people believe.

You can choose to believe the stuff that feeds your goat, or you can take the time to look at things objectively and figure out who's lying. Remember the time when Michelle Obama spent nearly $450 on room service at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City? People still believe that. The problem is, not only did she not even stay at that particular hotel when she was in the city, she hadn't yet arrived in New York by the time the bogus receipt surfaced that claimed she had ordered room service there. Believe what you want.

Edit: Dislaimer - the above post was not intended in any way to suggest people should be skeptical of anything they read on the Internet or look at news items in an objective and dispassionate manner.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Beaumont, TX? I always thought he was heading to the ranch in Crawford.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
It seems that way because there is no context with which to contrast and compare the presidents. What does overboard mean? What if he has actually flown on Air Force One fewer times than his predecessors? Would his travels aboard Air Force One still then be overboard?

The fact is, according to the U.S. Air Force's 89th Airlift Wing, the folks who do the actual flying for the president, Junior took more trips (missions) away from Washington, and flew more stops (sorties) while on those trips, than Obama has, and it's not even close. Junior flew to Beaumont, TX more times than Obama has played holes, not rounds, but holes, of golf.

Except that Congress approves the White House budget, same as they do the other branches of government.

I would take the time to debunk many things in the article, but it would be a waste of time since you won't believe any of it, even if it were irrefutable. The problem is the lack of context. But for starters, the dog does not have a dedicated handler who's primary job is to take care of the dog, nor did the dog get his own air plane on a trip, which many people believe.

You can choose to believe the stuff that feeds your goat, or you can take the time to look at things objectively and figure out who's lying. Remember the time when Michelle Obama spent nearly $450 on room service at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in New York City? People still believe that. The problem is, not only did she not even stay at that particular hotel when she was in the city, she hadn't yet arrived in New York by the time the bogus receipt surfaced that claimed she had ordered room service there. Believe what you want.

Edit: Dislaimer - the above post was not intended in any way to suggest people should be skeptical of anything they read on the Internet or look at news items in an objective and dispassionate manner.

Funny you claim his numbers are bogus but nothing to back it up only that the air force indicates Bush used it more than Obama and how up to date is the air force numbers?????? YOu say no way to compare spending between the Presidents which is another indirect point the author makes as there is no transparent accounting where the money goes. Yes congress ok money for the white house, gee Democrats controlled congress for 2 years so they just rubber stamp the white house request money. Also there has not been a budget passed by congress since Obama has been in office only the so called continuing resolutions or what ever

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes congress ok money for the white house, gee Democrats controlled congress for 2 years so they just rubber stamp the white house request money.

Don't ya think the Republicans would be screaming holy ell if this was happening?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Don't ya think the Republicans would be screaming holy ell if this was happening?

Yea that and now u all have Turtle writing over 1500 word essays which are good, but I don't have that much 5 hr energy drinks left. lol

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Open your ears they have been screaming about spending and the fact Democrats refuse to pass any Budget bills you know with continuing resolutions just allows money to keep flowing to the govt with out any accounting or justification of what they want the money for or how the money will be spent

bobwg

Expert Expediter
"Whether folks are on one side or the other in current politics, spreading false info as truth just encourages others to spread it, believe it, and spout off in negativity, fostering a further and greater misunderstanding of what the real issues are." 21cExp
waiting for proof that this is false MR MOOt do you have proof the authors claims are false?????????

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
waiting for proof that this is false MR MOOt do you have proof the authors claims are false?????????
I have no proof to offer that what you posted is false. You have no proof to offer that what you posted is true, other than the link to the Daily Crawler. The article you linked made no comparison to expenditures by past presidents. I would think Obama spent more last year flying around the country on business/re-election than Bush did all of his last 4 years in office. I wonder why that is?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Beaumont, TX? I always thought he was heading to the ranch in Crawford.
Sorry, I meant to say my Musluim faith, I mean my Christian faith. Actually, I had been watching a Reds game and then an interview with one of the players who is from Beaumont.