Earthquakes in Colorado and Virginia

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Reports of an earthquake in Colorado this morning and now reports of another earthquake 5.8 in Virginia. Fox and Cnbc say Pentagon, US Capitol, Court Houses in New York city evacuated as earthquake is felt as far as Boston

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
There will be expediters who felt the quakes. I'm looking forward to their reports.

Cell phone outages are being reported on the East Coast. My guess is that is not due to the Virginia quake but to everyone getting the phone at the same time to talk about it.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Reports of cellphone problems with verizon and T mobile in Washington. Air Traffic is being delayed in the northeast

bobwg

Expert Expediter
All monuments and muesems in Washington closed to check for damage. 2 Nuclear plants taken off line as a precaution

fortwayne

Not a Member
In Richmond,VA. at this time and during quake.
All is fine but cell service is bad.
Darn thing woke me up from a nap. Haven't been able to get phone calls but can post which is odd since they use the same towers.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I was in an earthquake 2 years ago and was sitting at the Petro off of I57 south of Chicago. It was at 3am the epicenter was in Evansville, IN and it woke me up. I thought some kids were messing with my van. It was a 4.0

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
OVM must have fell out of bed. He got home, fell asleep on the couch, and rolled over thinking that he was still in the van and that the sides of the bunk wall would prevent him from falling over! Either that or Guido hit a pot hole in Laredo!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
OVM must have fell out of bed. He got home, fell asleep on the couch, and rolled over thinking that he was still in the van and that the sides of the bunk wall would prevent him from falling over! Either that or Guido hit a pot hole in Laredo!
Are you kidding Jujitsu has a honey do list a mile long no rest for OVM

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
In Richmond,VA. at this time and during quake.
All is fine but cell service is bad.
Darn thing woke me up from a nap. Haven't been able to get phone calls but can post which is odd since they use the same towers.

The phone companies said their infrastructure was not damaged. They're just overloaded with calls right now.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Oh you guys are a riot...LOL:p

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Jujitsu hahaha gotta love auto correct:rolleyes:

You know it could have been much worse ['human chicken sprinkled with freshly ground black people' is a favorite]
but you notice Mr Jujitsu didn't correct you.....
JK, Juju - we beat up on him with affection, see? :D

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The epicenter of the quake has been pin-pointed to a graveyard outside of DC, where all of our Founding Fathers just rolled over in their graves.
I"m just saying......