Drivers Council Meeting

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Critter said:
The thing, OVM, with our carrier's driver's council meetings is that no one knows when they are unless they are invited. Then the only way we find out is thru a watered-down version of the minutes in the newsletter. WHICH THE DRIVERS DON'T GET!!!

Babs said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminjim
What pray tell is the reason for not providing the info to the Fleet drivers?
You have access to the internet you can go to the Panther driver web site and post questions, read the driver councils meeting minutes and get all kinds of info. It seems to me that you would rather bi...ch on a open forum then to really know what is going on with the council and to help to solve problems. THE DRIVER WEB SITE IS FOR ALL DRIVERS AND OWNERS. Please be apart of the solution not apart of the problem...

Does that help you recall what was said, and why I said what I said? Dang seems like you have selective quoting syndrome.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Jim... set me straight. Is Babs saying you posted Critter's post? The fact that Critter runs for X1, and not Panther, might be a reason the Panther site is useless to him. ;)

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Jim... set me straight. Is Babs saying you posted Critter's post? The fact that Critter runs for X1, and not Panther, might be a reason the Panther site is useless to him. ;)

Thawk Babs, is/was saying that Im b1tc#hing without trying to help myself and reading the info on PII's web site. In fact I was responding to Critters post, that they (PII) don't give/provide the same info to drivers and fleet owners.

Most people know that I bash very few people, or company's. I only cry/whine about things in the privacy of my own home/truck sleeper :eek:

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
I still don't understand the complainst work hard do the best you can if it's not working out figger out what __you__ need to do to make it better
up grade your license
change fleet owners
panthers system works
did without driver councle
can someone explane what all the crying is about

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I'm thinking that the company's concept of this drivers council thingy isn't properly modeled. The company is using the drivers in the council to do something that should be handled by an entire department in the company. The driver members are consolidating input from drivers and passing their interpretation of the drivers questions, comments, and suggestions. Brainstorming information isn't supposed to be filtered, especially by someone like an non-MBA independent contractor. The new q and a system may help in this regard in that all questions and comments get to the company and are not filtered by a third party. Ideally the council would be used to help validate and review the company's interpretation of the raw data that they collect before entirely implementing something like they recently did with the new boards and empty move macros.

There is really only so much I can contribute to this company through my suggestions, because it is so nontransparent I don't know how it's supposed to or not supposed to work to make suggestions accordingly. It's like me trying to help a company rewrite an owners manual for their automobile, but I'm not allowed to see the existing owners manual. I'm not even allowed to see a company organizational chart or advertising brochure.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
jwc, I can only speak for myself in regards to why you hear me "crying". You are convinced the panther system works. I'm convinced the panther system barely works. If it worked properly there wouldn't be such a big turn over in drivers.... The profits I could be making are being consumed by waste. I'm financing the training of however many new drivers panther brings on each week. Inventing a system of load boards once is cheaper than repeated failures. Unnecessary deadheading because of inaccurate board information comes out of my pocket. I can work smart, and I'm going to demand the same from the company I'm supposed it be in partnership with.

eb

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
ok
but we know the reposition board is a joke
but if i look at it call in ask questons and then make a desicion to where to move to then i might be one step a head
computer reposition sometimes great and sometimes a laugh unless maybe it also uses acceptance rating in moving trucks
if i got ten trucks that only accept 40 % of the loads then i may need a truck there who may accept less than the perfic load
do you do the occacanal favor that you break even on
do you do a mini when your sitting right on top of it
or do you wait for the long load
every week for us is not the best but in long run we do great
we tryed a few expiditing companys and moved back to panther
yes we work for a great fleet owner saving up again to buy a truck hopefully we won't make the same mistaces twice
but PE system works if you work it

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Because I can't get into the system and see the comments :p, I am thinking back to my Phrama days when I had to make a case to upper management for funding on a project - I put it in terms on how to save them money.

Just complaining about how the boards are or how accounting is messing with people is all good and well but tell them that you can save man hours in correcting problems or improving things, like how to improve dispatching by doing X and here is the example on how it could work and how you can save X man hours.

Just a thought.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Greg, I agree with you entirely. A major part of my point is that the company keeps me so much in the dark, I have no solid starting point to even begin to suggest ways to improve.

eb

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Greg, I agree with you entirely. A major part of my point is that the company keeps me so much in the dark, I have no solid starting point to even begin to suggest ways to improve.

eb

Don't know what to say. You all got more access than I do but I would just start with who is at the top and work down from there to build up an idea who's who.

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
but what needs changed
directions
drivers ablity to see were everone else is / in real time
the only changes i see are those benfiting nose pickers and lazy drivers
fleet owners that are riping of thier drivers
you guys remind me of the union who complaned about the breakroom tables instead the real problems