Don't buy I Renew

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
IBuyRenew's marketing ploy is a scam, sure, although (at the risk of sounding like a charlatan myself) the technology behind these new bands is anything but. You have to experience the "balance test" for yourself, as seen on TV, and which can also be demonstrated at the beach, first standing in dry sand and then wet. What's happening is a charge in the band is set to the earth's (and humans') natural vibrational frequency, which is transmitted from the band (or ocean) throughout the body, allowing the body to function normally at a cellular level, thus improving balance, most noticeably. The more time you spend around cellphones, television screens, really anything electric, the less "tuned" your body is apt to be, and the bands simply counteract the effects these unnatural electromagnetic frequencies have on the body over time.

Airline pilots are acutely aware of the effects of eleoctromagnetism from sitting in the crewstation. Next time you fly, notice how often you see a wrist band worn and ask them why they do.

Last edited:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Ha
Thanks for the memories!
Reminds me of a time several years ago.. first and ONLY time I ever purchased one of those scams (not I Renew but another one) being advertised on tv..
For only $20, I was getting not ONLY the amazing product itself, but they were going to throw in 2 of them, AND a great 'gift' of a white cotton terrycloth bathrobe.. AND it was 'guaranteed or money refunded'..

What did I have to lose, I figured? Like nothing!

So the thing comes.. cost me a hundred bucks because of the shipping and handling... the gift was a rag.... thin.. short.. chintzy.. the product totally did not work at ALL...

But who would be fool enough to return it when the return postage would cost more than the $20 I was going to get back? That's what they're counting on!

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Please don't make me laugh. If there was a "charge" in the band (which there isn't) that was tuned to the same natural frequency of the body (which there isn't one, and I dare you to name what that frequency is - and no, it's not 7.83 Hertz), there wouldn't be enough of an electromagnetic charge to effect much of anything. It's like the alignment of the planets at the time of your birth somehow having a profound effect on you despite the fact that the gravitational forces of the nurses and the obstetrician are far greater than all of the planets combined. These super duper balance bands are made of silicone and mylar (a.k.a. polyester film) and contain zero electromagnetic properties.

1) Human Brain - neuroscientists find a range of a few Hz to 20 plus Hz. We've all heard the terms Alpha waves, Beta waves, Delta waves and Theta waves to describe the different brain states. What is this measurement of exactly, in a physical sense?

2) Membrane Potentials - we all know they govern tons of biological transport systems, like the classic ion channels where ions of CL-, Na+, K+ pass through membrane channels that have voltage potentials. Does it make sense to ask what frequency these work at?

3) Heart Beat - Clearly this can be measured in Hz. If your heart beats 120 bpm, its beating at 2Hz.

4) Your skin - Human's are constantly radiates thermal radiation off their skin's surface, a frequency of ~1000Hz.

5) Vision - The human brain processes visual images at ~60Hz in brightly lit conditions.

6) Molecular Biology - Human cells vibrate and radiate and wildly varying frequencies, from zero to 15kHz, depending on the type of cell and which parts of the brain they are communicating with.

What's my natural frequency again?
How can a "one size fits all" silicone and Mylar (or even metal) bracelet solve everyone's personal imbalances?

There has been no research of any kind at all to show that holograms (or crystals or metals) could have any effect on the body's energy and performance, especially since the inner ear is what controls balance and they thyroid controls metabolism and energy. There is allegedly some kind of mysterious energy stored in the bands, but the band's inventors are unable to say what it is, or how it got there.

When the Australian Skeptics challenged the Australian distributor of Power Balance bands, Tom O'Dowd, to use his kinesiology tests to pick out which one of six people had the Power Balance band hidden in their pocket, he failed, five times out of five. When Josh and Troy Rodarmel, the inventor of the bands, performed the same tests, they failed nine times out of nine to pick the one person in four who had a Power Balance frequency-correcting band on their person. The Austrian test has a 1-in-6 chance of getting it right by accident, and the US test reduced that to a 1-in-4 chance, and no one got it right even once, by chance. That's odd considering the dramatic effect these bands are supposed to have on the natural resonating frequency of the human body.

So in actuality, the marketing ploy has some tried and true sound scientific principles behind it, which is why the marketing is working and people are buying this stuff, but it's the pseudo-science it's hawking that is the scam. It's the same "frequency" scam that sold crystals and copper bracelets and rocks and ear candles. Quite frankly, your money will be better spent and your body will be more in balance if you buy an enema bag.

For the next 100 PMers or e-mailers, for only $17.99 I will send to you a copper engraving of the Great Emancipator, President Abraham Lincoln, hand engraved by the finest engravers in the world. But wait, there's more! On the reverse side of the engraving will be a bonus engraving of the Lincoln Memorial itself, complete with a mirror image of Lincoln himself sitting in the Memorial. This copper engraving will become a family heirloom to treasure for generations. Don't delay, click for your Lincoln engraving now!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the next 100 PMers or e-mailers, for only $17.99 I will send to you a copper engraving of the Great Emancipator, President Abraham Lincoln, hand engraved by the finest engravers in the world. But wait, there's more! On the reverse side of the engraving will be a bonus engraving of the Lincoln Memorial itself, complete with a mirror image of Lincoln himself sitting in the Memorial. This copper engraving will become a family heirloom to treasure for generations. Don't delay, click for your Lincoln engraving now!

No thanks, I would rather have a penny. :p

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
Physical reactions are largely subjective and therefore difficult to measure. Again, you have to personally experience a functional band's effect--not all brands always work. Then report back. The science can be debated but not direct experience.

I've seen that the more one is skeptical, the more dumbfounded the reaction.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"...a functional band's effect--not all brands always work."

"How conveeeeeeenient," said the Church Lady.

OK, which brands always work?

Please don't say Q-Ray, iRenew, Bio-Ray, Rayma, or Balance, because all have been shown conclusively to not always work. In fact, they've all been shown conclusively to be precisely the same as the placebo effect, or, in other words, have all been shown to not work at all.

Actually, physical reactions are objective, quantifiable and extremely measurable. That is, if any of this was actual science. Merely claiming there is a natural frequency doesn't make it science, it makes it an unfounded claim, much like a religion. To date, there has been no empirical observation or experiment to support the claim, much like a religion. All we have had so far to support the claim is anecdotal evidence based on illusory corollary (much like a religion). There is no scientific evidence to support the basis for the New Age metaphysical concepts (natural frequencies, harmonic balance), much less to support some of the claims resulting from them. The planet itself does not have a "natural" electromagnetic frequency that anything can be "tuned" in to, considering the Earth's magnetic field is constantly fluctuating.

"The science can be debated but not direct experience."

Funny, because the science is the very thing that cannot be debated, and it's the direct experience that is open to debate. Science is either refutable or irrefutable, there is no in between to debate. If it is irrefutable then it is infinitely replicatable, time after time, every time. If it is refutable, even once, then it's a theory, an incorrect science at best, and at worst it is fabricated junk science, and another theory must be introduced and tested. A belief in something is just that, a belief. It's not science. The stronger you believe in something, the harder you'll try to find supporting evidence for it, and you might even call the evidence science, even when it's not.

Someone came up with the notion of the evils of electromagnetic radiation contained in cell phones and television broadcasts and radio broadcasts and how all this electromagnetic radiation is throwing out natural balance out of whack. This ignores the fact that the entire spectrum of electromagnetic radiation has been bombarding us and the planet since the beginning of time, and at wildly varying levels that change from minute to minute, or even second to second. The notion plays on the idea that man-made radiation is somehow different and more dangerous than the radiation emitted by stars and planets and interstellar gases and our own solar system. Every time there is a period of intense solar flare activity, the human race is subjected to more radiation, and more different frequencies of radiation, than 1000 years of constant cell phone use would provide. We are all bombarded by millions of neutrinos every day, day and night, rain or shine. Clearly, too much of any kind of electromagnetic radiation can wreck havoc on people. Even too much florescent lighting causes problems. But there is no evidence whatsoever that a bracelet can mitigate or reverse or block the effects of this radiation.

Yes, some airline pilots wear the bracelets. Some used to wear copper bracelets for the same reasons. Few still wear the copper bracelets. I wonder why they all don't still wear them, or why they all don't wear a super harmonic balancer bracelet? I mean, if airline pilots are so smart, and if an airline pilot does it then surely it means we should do it, too, right? There must be something to it, right?

Fact is, truth does not change because it is or is not believed by a majority of the people. If there is something to the power bracelets, then there would be no question that it works. It would be clearly evident and its effectiveness would be clearly demonstrable to anyone and everyone. People insist crystals work, or copper bracelets, or rare earth magnets, or bracelets with holographic images magically embedded with mysterious natural frequencies. If the power of suggestion (placebo) makes it work, fine, go with that. But it ain't science. The Mayo Clinic conclusively demonstrated there is no effect on muscle pain or balance or physiology at the cellular or any other level as compared to a placebo effect with ionic and holographic principle bracelets.

Incidentally, there is a reason these bracelets can no longer be sold or imported in Australia if they claim any medical or athletic benefit, and it's not because they work or they have scientific support. There is also a reason these companies promote their bracelets through paid celebrity endorsements and viral marketing rather than published scientific work.

There have simply been too many scientific double-blind studies that have conclusively disproved the claims made by manufacturers and believers of these products.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anybody still have a Pet Rock? They were at least honest about what it was, a rock.

It's beyond laughable that people buy into this crap.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Does anybody still have a Pet Rock? They were at least honest about what it was, a rock.

It's beyond laughable that people buy into this crap.

NO, we no longer have our "pet rock". We were forced to give it to another family member when we became a White Glove team. FedEx does not allow pets of any kind in White Glove. :(

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
Well, since it was asked (and ONLY because it was), we have not seen the BionicBand brand (Welcome to the Bionic Family of Products) lose its imprinted frequency (not really a "charge", per se, more like an MRI). Others degrade with time or exposure to say, computer monitors.

Yes, BionicBand is marketed as MLS (another term I'd come to despise in the past), for the main reason that the product must be personally demonstrated and does not sell itself sitting on a shelf.

No one is more of a skeptic than I; however, I was introduced to the product before I had a chance to question its efficacy, and would otherwise likely join in on the lambast. Without firsthand experience of the "balance test", I'd expect nothing less than full condemnation of the technology from sharp minds.

As stated, you can achieve similar "balance/strength/energy" results at the beach, using nature's own technology, and at no cost (although expeditors will likely find themselves OOS living on the beach.)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How in the world does one "imprint" a freq? I know how to broadcast a freq or receive one, but "imprint"? Makes no sense to me. What freq is imprinted on this thing and why? At what strength is it broadcasting? How does it get it's power to broadcast?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You know, they'd probably do better selling this thing as a gag gift. Nobody would be pizzed that they got sucked into something stupid, and they might even sell more of them.

Imagine the fun you could have. You give it your friend at his birthday party and tell him if he wears it nobody can push him down. You all spend the evening drinking beer and pushing the birthday boy down. Great fun!!

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
You know I probably would not have gotten so mad if it came postage paid. I got it in a small brown envelope for $36.75. It took less than a dollar in postage.
That's okay I will look at it as costing me less than the last load did that was canceled and they didn't call me until I was at the dock. :cool:

WestSide

Seasoned Expediter
How in the world does one "imprint" a freq? I know how to broadcast a freq or receive one, but "imprint"? Makes no sense to me. What freq is imprinted on this thing and why? At what strength is it broadcasting? How does it get it's power to broadcast?

"Imprinting", as it's referred to, is done using an autoclave-type device to cook the bands over a 24-hour period. The recipe is proprietary, and I do not know the fat content either. :rolleyes: It's based on Einstein's Brownian motion theory, wherein the vibration frequency of a solid is transferred through a liquid (as earth through ocean).

I don't profess to understand the physics. All I know are the direct results achieved. Beyond better balance/strength/energy, I've personally seen back, arthritis and bursitis pain dissipate almost immediately, as well as the experience of better sleep, and relief from motion sickness. I've also heard from pilots who experience less jet lag. And have read about olympic and pro athletes who perform better wearing the bands.

I don't expect anyone to believe a word of this. The best I can offer is for anyone within 100 miles of Phoenix to PM me and try it out. If it doesn't amaze, I'll pay for DH miles.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Imprinting? The cost of the item would be in the hundreds if it is done right.

This is a perfect example of the mind over the body and how you can think positivity while being faced with negitive vibes.