Done Deal

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Schumer tends to raise the bar whenever the opportunity presents itself, though.

Schumer said. “A fairer agreement would have coupled a reduction in sanctions with a proportionate reduction in Iranian nuclear capability.”

Uhm, Chuck, that's precisely what the agreement did. Unless "proportionate reduction" is supposed to mean "complete elimination," or something.

Funny that proportionate reduction should come out of the mouth of a Democrat. Reagan is laughing in his grave.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Regardless of agenda, they (we) probably should have thrown in the preacher guy to get him out.
Would have been nice if they had offered it ... but in the "big picture" scheme of things, his freedom is small potatoes in comparison to the significance of the issue of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons ...

Just a harsh reality.

With improved relations between our countries the possibility is always there that the issue can be raised and perhaps resolved at a later point.

If were him, I wouldn't be expecting to re-enter Iran at a future date though ...

Was kind of surprised they said he was never mentioned.
I wasn't ...

Tht is the only place republicans may have a point. At least for now.
There's also the missing ex-CIA guy as well ...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
sky,

If ya get the chance, and feel so inclined, get Robert Stinnett's book: Day of Deceit: The Truth About FDR and Pearl Harbor

Very detailed review of the actual intel and radio intercepts ... and very copiously foot-noted ...

Haven't read that. But I did an essay on At Dawn We Slept by Gordon Prange. Talk about multiple "Holy crap!" moments.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Don't ask me what I think of you. I might not give the answer that you want me to.
Well, unless you plan on giving me an untrue answer of what you think, I think that you will indeed give me the answer that I want ... assuming I were to ask the question or inquire of course ...

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Would have been nice if they had offered it ... but in the "big picture" scheme of things, his freedom is small potatoes in comparison to the significance of the issue of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons ...

Just a harsh reality.

With improved relations between our countries the possibility is always there that the issue can be raised and perhaps resolved at a later point.

If were him, I wouldn't be expecting to re-enter Iran at a future date though ...

I wasn't ...

There's also the missing ex-CIA guy as well ...

I forgot about the CIA guy. It is small potatoes but I think they could have got them thrown in to the deal. But, might be something at the six month mark they can do.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well, unless you plan on giving me an untrue answer of what you think, I think that you will indeed give me the answer that I want ... assuming I were to ask the question or inquire of course ...

The above quote was a play on how you told Leo he wouldn't enjoy the election.

Listen. Enjoy.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I forgot about the CIA guy. It is small potatoes but I think they could have got them thrown in to the deal.
I think they would have been smart to have thrown him in.

But, might be something at the six month mark they can do.
Yup ... or maybe even before ...

I haven't heard what the schedule is for further talks but they ought to be meeting regularly over the coming months.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You need to study a little deeper into why he moved to Medina. Has nothing to do with his followers, it has to do with tribal leaders.
ORLY? Shall I give a 9000 paragraph dissertation on just how deeply I've studied this crap? I never said he left Mecca because of his followers. They merely left with him, as in followed him, which is why they were called followers. I said he left after years and years of persecution. Several, but not all, tribal leaders were also involved in that persecution. A few of them even led the persecution. But it was the persecution that caused him to leave.

Mecca was a polytheistic society, as in many, many gods, dood, and the worshiping of the many various and sundry gods brought bookoo big bucks tourist dollahs to the hood, and when Muhammad tried to destroy the pagan idols and introduce THE God of Almighty Oneness, he was messin' with their coin, man, so they wanted to busta cap in his azz. So, he pitter-pattered little beat feet to a friendlier hangout.

He was born and raised in Mecca, and lived there for 52 years. When he was 40 he began receiving revelations from God. Well, that's what he claimed. He then told everyone about his revelations. The key themes of his messages to everybody in Mecca who would listen, and many who wouldn't, were the oneness of God and the rejection of polytheism, generosity towards the poor and the needy, kind treatment of and the freeing of slaves, and my favorite, the equality between men and women before God (isn't that just too rich?). Some of his friends and acquaintances respected his words and became his followers (like Twitter, only different). Many others, including the infamous aforementioned tribal leaders, opposed, ridiculed and eventually boycotted his clan, and Muhammad and his followers were harassed, assaulted, tortured, killed and/or and forced into exile. Several attempts were made on his life. When his uncle died, who was also his primary protector, and the tribal head of one of the clans there, Muhammad had little choice but to leave free or die. He booked the last train for the coast.

He later came back to Mecca, though. With the aid of tribal leaders. Different tribal leaders. It was a mess.

Oh I guess you haven't heard of the Lake of Fire.
Yeah, no, never heard of it.

I don't study Websites sir.
Well, gee, here's the thing. You said you studied the Bible and Quran, and if you had studied the Quran even a little bit you wouldn't have spelled it as Koran, but I digress... if you had studied either then you wouldn't have been substantively incorrect in everything you stated, either explicitly or implicitly. Yet you were. What you stated, however, is a virtual parroting of the phrases and viewpoints of the ignorant wacko anti-Islam Websites that can easily be found all over the Internet.

Since it's abundantly clear that you did not study the Bible nor the Quran in any depth necessary for which understanding and context could be gleaned from the text (I'm willing to bet you've never actually read the entire Quran, or even three continuous pages, and don't even have a copy for reference), then it's not an unreasonable assumption to conclude that you got the bulk of your information from the same Web sites from which you parroted your statements. I will concede that you may not have gotten that information from a Web site, but instead heard it from someone else who made the same statements. Those statements are popular statements to hold on to and remember for those who hate Muslims, because they're easy to remember, and the remind you why you hate Muslims. The trouble is, those same statements often comprise the totality of knowledge the utterer has on the subject. That's all they know, because that's all they care about.

So, allowing for the fact that you may not have gotten your in-depth study from one or a few Websites, I'll amend my statement to read as follows:

Maybe you should "study" these religious texts using different, non-biased sources than you have been using up to this point, and maybe actually read the texts in context.

I know saying anything on this site will be over ridden by you and your knowledge of everything.
I won't override anything you say. I may disagree with it, though. I may call you on it, and anyone else on it, as RLENT so eloquently put it, carelessly perverting the truth. And on hypocrisy. And in this case you double-dipped on both. But ignorance can be fixed. All you have to do is go buy a copy of the Quran and read it. Be forewarned, however, that if you do that you will learn something. And most likely what you will learn is just how disturbingly similar Islam and Christianity really are.

Here's one you should take a look at. Watch this short video of how the major religions of the world has spread over the centuries.

Now, I forget, who's one and only mission is it to conquer the world?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Maybe Americans need to leave those countries where jailing US citizens has become the norm without a good reason. example: 85 year old arrested in North Korea,,,wow,,the Koreans must be bored.... but then again many regimes arrested their own people and marched them off to camps...ugh...Oklahoma comes to mind, see 1830's USA,,we have done our share of atrocities. ( The Indian Issue )

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
ORLY? Shall I give a 9000 paragraph dissertation on just how deeply I've studied this crap? I never said he left Mecca because of his followers. They merely left with him, as in followed him, which is why they were called followers. I said he left after years and years of persecution. Several, but not all, tribal leaders were also involved in that persecution. A few of them even led the persecution. But it was the persecution that caused him to leave.

Mecca was a polytheistic society, as in many, many gods, dood, and the worshiping of the many various and sundry gods brought bookoo big bucks tourist dollahs to the hood, and when Muhammad tried to destroy the pagan idols and introduce THE God of Almighty Oneness, he was messin' with their coin, man, so they wanted to busta cap in his azz. So, he pitter-pattered little beat feet to a friendlier hangout.

He was born and raised in Mecca, and lived there for 52 years. When he was 40 he began receiving revelations from God. Well, that's what he claimed. He then told everyone about his revelations. The key themes of his messages to everybody in Mecca who would listen, and many who wouldn't, were the oneness of God and the rejection of polytheism, generosity towards the poor and the needy, kind treatment of and the freeing of slaves, and my favorite, the equality between men and women before God (isn't that just too rich?). Some of his friends and acquaintances respected his words and became his followers (like Twitter, only different). Many others, including the infamous aforementioned tribal leaders, opposed, ridiculed and eventually boycotted his clan, and Muhammad and his followers were harassed, assaulted, tortured, killed and/or and forced into exile. Several attempts were made on his life. When his uncle died, who was also his primary protector, and the tribal head of one of the clans there, Muhammad had little choice but to leave free or die. He booked the last train for the coast.

He later came back to Mecca, though. With the aid of tribal leaders. Different tribal leaders. It was a mess.

Yeah, no, never heard of it.

Well, gee, here's the thing. You said you studied the Bible and Quran, and if you had studied the Quran even a little bit you wouldn't have spelled it as Koran, but I digress... if you had studied either then you wouldn't have been substantively incorrect in everything you stated, either explicitly or implicitly. Yet you were. What you stated, however, is a virtual parroting of the phrases and viewpoints of the ignorant wacko anti-Islam Websites that can easily be found all over the Internet.

Since it's abundantly clear that you did not study the Bible nor the Quran in any depth necessary for which understanding and context could be gleaned from the text (I'm willing to bet you've never actually read the entire Quran, or even three continuous pages, and don't even have a copy for reference), then it's not an unreasonable assumption to conclude that you got the bulk of your information from the same Web sites from which you parroted your statements. I will concede that you may not have gotten that information from a Web site, but instead heard it from someone else who made the same statements. Those statements are popular statements to hold on to and remember for those who hate Muslims, because they're easy to remember, and the remind you why you hate Muslims. The trouble is, those same statements often comprise the totality of knowledge the utterer has on the subject. That's all they know, because that's all they care about.

So, allowing for the fact that you may not have gotten your in-depth study from one or a few Websites, I'll amend my statement to read as follows:

Maybe you should "study" these religious texts using different, non-biased sources than you have been using up to this point, and maybe actually read the texts in context.

I won't override anything you say. I may disagree with it, though. I may call you on it, and anyone else on it, as RLENT so eloquently put it, carelessly perverting the truth. And on hypocrisy. And in this case you double-dipped on both. But ignorance can be fixed. All you have to do is go buy a copy of the Quran and read it. Be forewarned, however, that if you do that you will learn something. And most likely what you will learn is just how disturbingly similar Islam and Christianity really are.

Here's one you should take a look at. Watch this short video of how the major religions of the world has spread over the centuries.

Now, I forget, who's one and only mission is it to conquer the world?

Never said I was an expert in Islam. The most excepted way in America to spell the Koran is that way. There are two ways to spell it. I use the Koran spelling. Muslims don't like it spelled that way.

In to reading on the subject, some of the books I have read.

Rabbi Jonathon Cahn, The Harbinger
The Harbinger Decoded
Isaiah 9:10 Judgment

Dr. Mark Gabriel, Against the Tides. Former Professor at the University of Cairo. Graduated from Al Azahar University, Cairo. Resides here in America under Religious Asylum. Has several other books out.

Just a few if your interested.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Maybe Americans need to leave those countries where jailing US citizens has become the norm without a good reason.
Probably not an unreasonable premise ;)

example: 85 year old arrested in North
Korea,,,wow,,the Koreans must be bored....
Yeah ... I dunno what's up with that ...

but then again many regimes arrested their own people and marched them off to camps...ugh...Oklahoma comes to mind, see 1830's USA,,we have done our share of atrocities. ( The Indian Issue )
Nature of man ... no one is on a pedestal ... or immune from crimes against their fellow man ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Dave - looks like you called it correctly: it's being reported that Kerry (as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee) was involved in opening a channel to the Iranians b4 even he became SOS ...

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
In to reading on the subject, some of the books I have read.

Rabbi Jonathon Cahn, The Harbinger
The Harbinger Decoded
Isaiah 9:10 Judgment

Dr. Mark Gabriel, Against the Tides. Former Professor at the University of Cairo. Graduated from Al Azahar University, Cairo. Resides here in America under Religious Asylum. Has several other books out.
Well I think the suggestion was, that you consult some non-biased sources ...

Two two individuals you cite above both appear to be decidedly biased.

The first individual is a Messianic Jew - IOW, a Jew who converted to Christianity (after being an atheist in the interim) - which might just constitute having a double axe to grind ...

The second is a (supposed) former Muslim who "converted" to Christianity, and whose original birth name (other than his first name) is not mentioned his Wikipedia entry, and that Wikipedia article appears largely to cite as references, citations of a questionable nature - including many which are derived from "Gabriel's" own works.

It has been suggested that his persona (and history) are a fiction. There's a few other anti-Islamists (who are part of Islamophobia Inc.) floating around out there that share that same characteristic.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Dave - looks like you called it correctly: it's being reported that Kerry (as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee) was involved in opening a channel to the Iranians b4 even he became SOS ...

I had heard that as well. Wonder if he is looking to be Hillary's second chair?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I had heard that as well. Wonder if he is looking to be Hillary's second chair?
Hard to imagine he would try to achieve it by showing her up ... ;)

From what I can gather, it seems like there might be some differences between their respective FP outlooks ...