Democrats, Job Killers

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The People's Republic of Maryland is famous for it's anti-gun, anti-freedom rule, recently passed a sweeping anti-gun law. As always, it is aimed at law abiding citizens and will do nothing to curb crime, which was the claim.

One result, Beretta, the oldest manufacturing company in the world, is moving it's Maryland operation to Tennessee. One of the primary reasons stated for the move is the anti-gun stance of the state.

One wonders if this move will finally wake up the people of Maryland. The urban areas of that State control it's politics and the rest of the state is being harmed by them. Maybe the movement to split off part of Maryland, so it can become free, will gain momentum.

Beretta Relocating Manufacturing Facility from Maryland to Tennessee

Beretta Relocating Manufacturing Facility from Maryland to Tennessee : The Outdoor Wire

[h=1]Beretta to build new firearms plant in Tenn.[/h]http://news.yahoo.com/beretta-build-firearms-plant-tenn-200033943.html

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One result, Beretta, the oldest manufacturing company in the world, is moving it's Maryland operation to Tennessee.
Not it's not. The Maryland plant will stay right where it is on the banks of the Potomac and remain open, and a brand new, additional plant will be built in Tennessee. They aren't moving to Tennessee, they are expanding to Tennessee. The 400 Maryland employees will remain there on the payroll, and an additional 300 new employees will be on the Tennessee payroll.

That's not to say that Democrats created these jobs, because they didn't. They're just in Tennessee instead of Maryland.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not it's not. The Maryland plant will stay right where it is on the banks of the Potomac and remain open, and a brand new, additional plant will be built in Tennessee. They aren't moving to Tennessee, they are expanding to Tennessee. The 400 Maryland employees will remain there on the payroll, and an additional 300 new employees will be on the Tennessee payroll.

That's not to say that Democrats created these jobs, because they didn't. They're just in Tennessee instead of Maryland.

I will have to check it out. Other sources are saying they are leaving MD. You could be right, don't know. I have to run now. Have to leave for my pick up soon.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have no doubt that there are many a Blog around the 'Net where they are talking about Baretta leaving Maryland.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Expansion is a good thing and a good sign. Leaving states that are inhospitable is better. One can only hope that after TN is up and running well the MD operation will follow.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's good about punishing loyal workers for something polititiobs did? Kind of twisted logic in my book.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
According to a Jan 29 article in the Nashville Tennessean, the MD plant will remain open.
Beretta expects to have up to 300 employees working at the plant by the third or fourth year of operations and is exploring projects that could add more jobs in Gallatin, Reh said. The company will keep the manufacturing plant in Maryland open, but some employees might choose to move here, he added. The company also has not indicated where the company’s U.S. headquarters will be located long term....

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140129/BUSINESS/301290171
It's highly likely the corporate officers at Beretta were paying attention when Obama's NLRB went after Boeing for opening a new plant in a red, Southern right-to-work state (SC).

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd ask for cites on that, but the OP included some that completely refuted his statement, so it wouldn't prove you actually read them, I guess. :rolleyes:

Sent from my XT907 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For a period of nearly five decades in the 20th century, the Tennessee Democratic Party held the Tennessee governorship continuously. However, since 1967 no two successive governors have belonged to the same party.

Be safe to call Tn a swing state.....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
For a period of nearly five decades in the 20th century, the Tennessee Democratic Party held the Tennessee governorship continuously. However, since 1967 no two successive governors have belonged to the same party.

Be safe to call Tn a swing state.....
They're conflicted ... but I think that's the idea ...

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
Might be the Tennessee voters . decided to vote for the candidate , not the party. Good for them.

jimmy

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If Harry Truman were alive he would not be welcome in todays Democrat Party! They'd probably boot JFK and Hubert Humphrey. Almost 50% of jobs created during Obama's tenure have gone to Texas. ;)