Delayed Payment?

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
The readings from the post of usafk9
hope this helps..
FMCSA reg. 376.12(f)

The lease shall specify that payment to the lessor shall be made within 15 days after submission of the necessary delivery documents and other paperwork concerning a trip in the service of the authorized carrier. The paperwork required before the lessor can receive payment is limited to log books required by the Department of Transportation and those documents necessary for the authorized carrier to secure payment from the shipper. In addition, the lease may provide that, upon termination of the lease agreement, as a condition precedent to payment, the lessor shall remove all identification devices of the authorized carrier and, except in the case of identification painted directly on equipment, return them to the carrier. If the identification device has been lost or stolen, a letter certifying its removal will satisfy this requirement. Until this requirement is complied with, the carrier may withhold final payment. The authorized carrier may require the submission of additional documents by the lessor but not as a prerequisite to payment. Payment to the lessor shall not be made contingent upon submission of a bill of lading to which no exceptions have been taken. The authorized carrier shall not set time limits for the submission by the lessor of required delivery documents and other paperwork.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They are not a Five Star carrier..should sue for the false advertisement...they owe me over 2000 miles at 88cpm. now I feel nervous because they have my bank info BC recruiter saidthey had direct deposit..but the girl he has in accounting acts like they dont have direct deposit..something isnt quite right over at LRT...

Dont steal, the government hates competition. ~Ron Paul~

Did you find a definition of five stars on here somewhere ?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
EO definition is..who ever pays the premium. I could start my own company and pay EO some money, and every new driver coming to the website will think I have five stars just like FedEx,Panther, Express1, Load1, ect...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
EO definition is..who ever pays the premium. I could start my own company and pay EO some money, and every new driver coming to the website will think I have five stars just like FedEx,Panther, Express1, Load1, ect...

No need to look for other places to lay the blame. You jumped in without due diligence and you got burned. "The learning curve usually takes a turn through the wallet". With some research, you may have been able to avoid this pitfall. Pick yourself, dust yourself off and try to do better the next time. Its what we all do.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
No need to look for other places to lay the blame. You jumped in without due diligence and you got burned. "The learning curve usually takes a turn through the wallet". With some research, you may have been able to avoid this pitfall. Pick yourself, dust yourself off and try to do better the next time. Its what we all do.

There is definitley an expensive learning curve, but im not blaming anyone, just trying to let any new driver know how I got burnt. I feel really confident with my new carrier, and should have just signed with them in the first place...LRT isnt going to be my downfall, just an annoying expensive obstacle.

Monty

Expert Expediter
So far, I have no idea who burned you.

However, I can tell you had you leased to Landstar, (paperwork in by Monday morning, payment on Wed), or Load1, for example, you would not be having these issues.

Was there any reason you did not apply to one of the accredited carriers, perhaps a bad driving record, etc.?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I burnt myself more or less... But I did originally want to sign with Panther..but from all the rumors about them being up for sale, and how they wasnt the best carrier for solo van ect..i was hesitant. But I just sat through two grueling days at thier orientation, and the trainer talked about all rumors ect..and I am very confident with signing with Panther. I think its the best business decision ive made so far.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Congratulations ....... may your days be sunny and bright ....... but there will be rainy days also, be prepared for them.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Im not hauling anything else for them until I get paid..i think its a little misleading of EO to advertise companies as five star carriers.

Carriers pay for advertising space. EO is not posting carriers as "five star" because they endorse them. Some carriers have 21 days after the close of the week. It all comes down to your contract. If you're one of those vans running as an "independent," you probably opted to avoid a contract with them, therefore your power to collect sooner will surely be "independent."