Deep thoughts

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Industry problems, trends, and innovation have weighed heavily on expediters minds recently. Just for example look at the #1 most predominate topic on this forum. How your fellow expediter deals with his or her urine, and whether to impose your favorite pee etiquette in person or via third party means. Good grief.

Just my opinion

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Industry problems, trends, and innovation have weighed heavily on expediters minds recently. Just for example look at the #1 most predominate topic on this forum. How your fellow expediter deals with his or her urine, and whether to impose your favorite pee etiquette in person or via third party means. Good grief.

Just my opinion

Your absolutely correct....urine is a recurring problem!!!!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Just my opinion

I just looked, and there are a lot of threads in this forum that do not deal with industry problems, trends nor innovation. Besides, peeing in the truck stop parking lot is an industry problem. So what's yer point?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Probably to a shark, about the funniest thing there is, is a wounded seal, trying to swim to shore, because, "WHERE DOES HE THINK HE'S GOING?![/FONT]" - Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There is an underground iron ore mine outside of Tower, MN. The ore vein ran dry years ago. The mine was bought by the state and guided tours are given. I have taken the tour several times. You ride a skip down almost a mile. This is where I have had my deepest thoughts. Oh, I always use the restroom before the tour.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have also toured the defunct copper mines in BisBee AZ. Lots of deep thoughts like how in the hell am I going to get out if the roof caves in. I wonder what the miners had to do when they needed to urinate and they were a mile underground.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I wonder what the miners had to do when they needed to urinate and they were a mile underground.

The ultimate in portable potties - The Potty Box

Coal_Mine_Potty_Box.jpg

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
<-------He's so deep in thought, he wishes he would have left a
trail of crumbs to find his way back. :)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, I looked at your Potty Box picture 17 minutes ago. I am now able to read and type. The tears have dried from my eyes. The flow of snot has subsided and the ache in my side has diminished.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Turtle,
That must be a new thing.

When I was 9, I got a hard life lesson on how people had to work before we had all these conveniences, like electric lights and potty boxes on rails. I was already used to using the outhouse that my grandparents had, they never had inside plumbing in their lives.

Well my grandfather took me to the mine shaft he worked at when he retired, I was privileged enough to learn first hand how an early 20th century copper miner worked underground for 11 hours a day with no potty box, no light and how hot it was just where we were at 11 levels down.

By the way moot, the copper mine that sat across from my grandparents house was 9200 feet deep. The one I went to as a kid was 7300 feet deep but I didn't ride a skip down the shaft we took old wood ladders that were put in place in 1889 down 11 levels to where the pumps, mining equipment and ore cars were left when they shut down in '43. A grand three hour tour complete with carbide lamps (still have all of them) and old phenol hard hats, and the smell of old rotting stuff that they threw down the shaft. Looking back I wish I brought a camera but thinking about it the old brownie would not have take great pictures.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I'm sure not all mines have them, but the coal mines, at least in KY, have used Potty Boxes for a long time. I saw my first one when I was just a kid.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of potty boxs, When I was a kid I dreamed I got up in the middle of the night and took a leak in my toy box. When I got up in the morning all my toys were wet. Boy that sure dampened my spirits. True story. ..............Properly dispose of those bottles guys.

Critter Truckin

Expert Expediter
That guy with the huge pee box looked like Dick Cheney. Appropriate for his name and pee box to be used in the same sentence.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
There is a product out that is offered as an option to a pee bottle . Several months back I mentioned it in a thread , partly in jest . The responses were lively and somehow the product manufacturer ended up reading the thread - and became a sponsor at the site . So you never know how productive posts can be .