Decison on Moderator Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You need to keep in mind that just because Terry is no longer out there hauling freight every day he still is extremely knowledgeable of the day to day life of a van operator. I was very disappointed when he chose to not post at all rather than to post as long as it didn't effect FedEx.

If "Joe Blow" posted a thread that "FX never gets the fsc right on payday" (not at all the truth, just an example) and Terry chimed in with "boy is that ever right" or with "that's nothing but a lie and you're an idiot" then you'd have a legitimate complaint of conflict of interest.

If someone asked about setting up a van or where to get Fantastic Fans put in or what's the best way to store extra clothes or whatever Terry could give great answers to a lot of those and it's a shame he felt the need to not post at all to avoid just this kind of invalid and undeserved criticisms.

Rather than beating not only a dead but a non-existent dead horse in this non-issue it would be better to recognize that Terry acted responsibly based on the circumstances and in the manner the admin team would have acted had they been available first.

Some it seems would rather blanketly cry conflict of interest and not consider that all circumstances are different and a cow in one field isn't a cow in the next field.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
You need to keep in mind that just because Terry is no longer out there hauling freight every day he still is extremely knowledgeable of the day to day life of a van operator. I was very disappointed when he chose to not post at all rather than to post as long as it didn't effect FedEx.

If "Joe Blow" posted a thread that "FX never gets the fsc right on payday" (not at all the truth, just an example) and Terry chimed in with "boy is that ever right" or with "that's nothing but a lie and you're an idiot" then you'd have a legitimate complaint of conflict of interest.

If someone asked about setting up a van or where to get Fantastic Fans put in or what's the best way to store extra clothes or whatever Terry could give great answers to a lot of those and it's a shame he felt the need to not post at all to avoid just this kind of invalid and undeserved criticisms.

Rather than beating not only a dead but a non-existent dead horse in this non-issue it would be better to recognize that Terry acted responsibly based on the circumstances and in the manner the admin team would have acted had they been available first.

Some it seems would rather blanketly cry conflict of interest and not consider that all circumstances are different and a cow in one field isn't a cow in the next field.

I am not beating a dead horse. It is an important issue. Just because you think it is a non issue doesn't make it so.

I have no problem with Terry posting on the forum, it was his choice not to, just as it was his choice to tender his resignation when he became an employee. He did so to avoid any direct or perceived conflict of interest, like the one that evolved when he deleted the post when FedEx asked him to. HE WAS WRONG TO DO IT. It was a conflict of interest as soon as he did what his employer asked him to do. Maybe you should get that through your head.

I am all for Terry posting on subjects not related to his employer. I am fine with Terry moderating on issues not connected with his employer.

Terry acted irresponsibly when he did what his EMPLOYER asked him to do.

I will not back off on this issue. You can suspend me or boot me out of EO for my views on this matter if you like, which also would be wrong.

If you want to move on from this subject it's fine with me. To move on stop posting on how right you are and how wrong those who disagree with you are.

I am not attacking you, I am just disagreeing with you, which is my right. If you stop posting on how great Terry is and how right you are and how wrong everyone else is we can just move on.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Good grief! Go haul freight or something! This isn't a crisis of catastrophic proportions. The decision is a good one in this circumstance.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
You are missing a point here. I think your explanation is absent of any real world experience with a company like FedEx.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am not beating a dead horse. It is an important issue. Just because you think it is a non issue doesn't make it so.

I have no problem with Terry posting on the forum, it was his choice not to, just as it was his choice to tender his resignation when he became an employee. He did so to avoid any direct or perceived conflict of interest, like the one that evolved when he deleted the post when FedEx asked him to. HE WAS WRONG TO DO IT. It was a conflict of interest as soon as he did what his employer asked him to do. Maybe you should get that through your head.

I am all for Terry posting on subjects not related to his employer. I am fine with Terry moderating on issues not connected with his employer.

Terry acted irresponsibly when he did what his EMPLOYER asked him to do.

I will not back off on this issue. You can suspend me or boot me out of EO for my views on this matter if you like, which also would be wrong.

If you want to move on from this subject it's fine with me. To move on stop posting on how right you are and how wrong those who disagree with you are.

I am not attacking you, I am just disagreeing with you, which is my right. If you stop posting on how great Terry is and how right you are and how wrong everyone else is we can just move on.

You are beating a dead horse. It isn't important in this exact instance and situation. Just because you think it's an issue doesn't mean it is.

He was not wrong to delete proprietary Qualcomm information that Qualcomm did not want posted on EO. It is only a conflict for those who can't get it through their head that it was Qualcomm's information he removed not FedEx's. The same post could just has easily have been in the General forum instead of the FedEx forum. It still would have been Qualcomm's proprietary information he removed not FedEx's.

Terry acted responsibly when he, just another member of the EO moderator/admin team, did what NOT HIS EMPLOYER Qualcomm demanded be done.

I can not suspend you or boot you. Moderators do not have that capability. Only the EO admin setting has that capability, not moderator setting.

I'm not sure I can or will stop posting how great Terry is because as far as expediters go and especially van expediters he's pretty darn great.

You have every right to disagree with me. There has to be someone to disagree with the person who is right and I have no preference whether it is you or someone else so feel free to disagree with me.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Greg,

My reply is absent anything to do with any company, FedEx or otherwise, because they are tangential and inconsequential to this single, solitary, isolated, specific instance and situation. The only company consequential to it is Qualcomm.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
FedEx told Terry to delete it not Qualcomm. If Qualcomm went to a moderator that might be different, but they didn't. FedEx went to their employee and had him do it. as I said in my other post, Terry should have went to a different moderator or administrator and told them what was going on and let them handle it. The poster had been contacted by FedEx and was going to delete the post as FedEx had asked them to do. Terry never needed to become involved with the issue.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Qualcomm told FedEx to delete it. FedEx then went to the most efficient sources to get it deleted, the original poster and Terry. Terry was the first one with computer access apparently since he's the one who deleted it. It wasn't FedEx's decision to delete it. They probably don't care all that much, other than being required to care by their agreement with Qualcomm. Terry could have called me and I'd have removed it and then you'd be carrying on about Leo deleting it and he shouldn't have done that.

I ate my half of the fried worm. I'm moving on to a plum now.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
If you had deleted it there would have been no problem and the conflict issue would not have been raised. It became an issue when Terry deleted the post at his employers request. When he deleted the post especially after being absent in all things on EO for so long it smelled pretty fishy to many of us. Terry shoild have came to you or another moderator and had them delete the post.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow Leo, I am not attacking you but it is getting comical now.

As I said your explanation(s) is absent of any real world experience with a company like FedEx and right from the start, your defense posts seems to back this up.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm just as much FedEx as Terry is, just in a different capacity and from a different direction. I even add an element Terry doesn't bring by being Panther as well. You can say there wouldn't have been a problem if I had done it instead of Panther and perhaps that's partially true. There are a few folks who have a problem with Terry so this is a big deal not because it's truly a big deal but because Terry is involved. There would have been as many or more people who would have blown it way out of proportion had I done it as there are blowing it way out of proportion because Terry did it.

It's a QC issue not a FedEx issue. That's the key point being ignored for whatever reason. Neither Terry nor I have any affiliation with QC other than being like so many others who must have one in their truck.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Leo,
You are joking, right?

I almost p*ssed my pant over that one.

Leo, You are a contractor, you represent your fleet not FedEx.

Terry is an employee, he represents his company - FedEx.

Terry is a good guy, I like him and he has been helpful for me and a lot of others.

I am told he is in the position to make things work and not work for contractors - FedEx told me he is a safety official in CC which knowing their track record it may be true or may not be. He is not a recruiter, by comparing him to say AnnaM is insulting to us. AnnaM is a good person too but she represents her company in a different capacity and is limited to one forum as mod.

FedEx is a good company, but the people who are in some management positions are the ones who cause a lot of the problems. Employees do what they are told or else.

With a company known for spying, for it's abuse of contractors, for it's retaliation and so on, which is in every division of the company, there is an ethical question involved when employees have access to forums and a disclosure has not taken place. This is not just here but other forums too and it stifles a lot of conversations which is the purpose.

Key word - disclosure.

This was done in the open, there are things that have happened behind the scenes which a lot of people don't know about and some of the ones who do accept it as OK. AND there are things that have been done to contractors, CC and others when they speak up and are identified.

I think it is amusing that you are the only one who has come up with this defense and tried to drive it home.

By the way, I don't buy the qaulcomm defense either.

But as Lawrence and Dale have made a decision, that's fine with me because it doesn't matter what I say and I got that.

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
I'm just as much FedEx as Terry is, just in a different capacity and from a different direction. I even add an element Terry doesn't bring by being Panther as well. You can say there wouldn't have been a problem if I had done it instead of Panther and perhaps that's partially true. There are a few folks who have a problem with Terry so this is a big deal not because it's truly a big deal but because Terry is involved. There would have been as many or more people who would have blown it way out of proportion had I done it as there are blowing it way out of proportion because Terry did it.

It's a QC issue not a FedEx issue. That's the key point being ignored for whatever reason. Neither Terry nor I have any affiliation with QC other than being like so many others who must have one in their truck.

Leo you don't have a clue as to what's going on and what had been done when Terry deleted the post. I don't mean to attack you here, but open your *amn eyes and ears and try to put some common sense in your brain.

When the FedEx defense failed to fly you switched to a qualcomm defense which was even more dumb.

FEDEX TOLD TERRY TO DELETE THE POST AND BEING THE GOOD EMPLOYEE HE IS HE DID AS THEY WISHED. QUALCOMM DID NOT ASK TERRY TO DELETE THE POST, FEDEX TOLD TERRY TO AND HE DID AS THEY TOLD HIM....CONFLICT OF INTEREST ANY WAY YOU WANT TO LOOK AT IT.

You can't pull the wool over everyone's eyes as you are trying to do.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From my viewpoint this was
proprietary info the fed did not want shared. They had every right to get it removed using the fastest means possible. To say it would be ok for one person to remove it but not another seems to be a reach.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
From my viewpoint this was
proprietary info the fed did not want shared. They had every right to get it removed using the fastest means possible. To say it would be ok for one person to remove it but not another seems to be a reach.

It is just splitting hairs and no matter who removed the post there would have been an uproar. It needed to be removed and it was removed.

The post was posted with good intent and it was just posted at the wrong time.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
It is just splitting hairs and no matter who removed the post there would have been an uproar.

That's a bit of a great big assumption there Linda

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you post a thread a long time ago that was removed and it was about some FedEx proprietary information related safety or security procedures or was it something that was actually really d*mn important to keep out of the publics reach?

No one thought twice about how it was removed or by whom. I understand FedEx may have called Dale or may be it was terry and it went away. I don't recall the 100 or so posts on the subject of having your thread deleted, I don't even think it was a concern.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
This is getting a bit long here people...I really don't think even the mods or admins can't see there was a conflict of interest...in this case it was deemed, nothing of major importance to the OP or to EO as a whole....could it have been handled better?, probably...will it happen again in this same manner ? i doubt it...

Now i have said here and the same is true in any internet borad..we are all guest of the owner....the owner here has made his decision....time to live with it and move on ....you might mot agree, thats ok, but it ain't gpin to change the decision has been made...

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
That's a bit of a great big assumption there Linda

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you post a thread a long time ago that was removed and it was about some FedEx proprietary information related safety or security procedures or was it something that was actually really d*mn important to keep out of the publics reach?

No one thought twice about how it was removed or by whom. I understand FedEx may have called Dale or may be it was terry and it went away. I don't recall the 100 or so posts on the subject of having your thread deleted, I don't even think it was a concern.

You are 100% right Greg. I was one of those to point out that Linda should have not posted that information.

Then again she has always been a company person in contractors clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.