December Banter and Location

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Delivered in Savannah, GA today (Thursday). Any recommendations where to head to maximize my chances for the odd sprinter load that may come up tomorrow?

75 degrees here today.

eb

Last edited:

guido4475

Not a Member
Gee, this is odd, 8 o'clock, and OVM hasnt posted yet...Joe in dispatch did an awesome job of getting me out of Laredo, via Eagle Pass, with a load to Toledo.Awesome job, Joe! I will be headed home later on today, after I get some things taken care of today.Hope to be back out asap after Christmas, and installing the Espar, generator, etc. I feel somewhat ashamed in doubting that Load One would make it possible for me to get home. I was going to originally run through the holidays, but, like I should of known, they made it possible so I dont need to do that.Bad me!

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Well still sitting in NJ hoping that i will not have to DH but i know if it is to be well it will not be that dispatch did not try as i know they did were trying to get something out of this east coast area .

but today is going to be the day that this magic load comes in i feel it that the phone will ring & wow the load will be there via PA .
wombat

merry christmas everyone

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am up...LOL..it is only 7am here!!

Good Morning gang....I stayed up late watching Netflix on the TV...installed it yesterday, runs thru the Wii system...wireless router works well..

25 degrees, feels like 11...sypposed to be in the 40's nevt 3-4 days..:D

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
so how many cup of coffee so far i am on my 4th cup and brewing up another pot or be it your at home might need a little bit extra in the coffee uuuuummm ?

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
#1 here Pete...at least 3 to go...lol

OK Well add a little bit of JW to it you will catch up to my 5 cups really got to get out of this nj area i thought CT was bad :censoredsign:s ( smokes ) was $10.25 but NJ is not much better wow $8.95 at least i got a full tin of coffee ..
but you & yours & family have a wonderful christmas ok ..

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well it was a long day yesterday...New Grand Daughter Maizey-Ann made it here at 11:57...Now its time to start spoiling her beyond belief!! LOL, hey is what Grand dads are for...A pink Daisey Red Rider BB gun is already wrapped for her 1st Christmas!!!:D

Attachments

• maizey.jpg
    maizey.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 42
  • Maizey Good Morning.jpg
    Maizey Good Morning.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
Well it was a long day yesterday...New Grand Daughter Maizey-Ann made it here at 11:57...Now its time to start spoiling her beyond belief!! LOL, hey is what Grand dads are for...A pink Daisey Red Rider BB gun is already wrapped for her 1st Christmas!!!:D

Well let me be the first to congratulate you on the birth of your new granddaughter CONGRATULATION GRANDPA & GRANDMA

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Congrats...Dennis...:D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Congrats on the new baby girl! Great Christmas present for the whole family!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Prayer for Grandpa..

Dear God, please send clothes
To all those poor ladies on
Grandpa's' computer. Amen..

:D

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
At Joyview meats getting some sausage. then home to get the house ready for Christmas tomorrow, and to finish packing for vacation.:D

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Congrats on the new grandaughter Dennis...what a treasure!:)

Wishing you all a VERY Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Now back to the kitchen...baking pies and cinnamon rolls today..It's gonna be a Great Christmas!:)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks to all...And may everyone connected with Load 1 have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Prosperous New Year!!!!:)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
well we have been pretty busy around here finishing the garage. kids been in and out all week. really has been nice having them here so much. all ready for xmas. everything bought and wrapped. we found out yesterday that if are little first bundle of xmas joy is not here by next fri. they will induce labor. so i guess by the scheduling she could be and end of the year baby but we are hoping for christmas. what a time for a first grand daughter.

dennis, congratulations on your new grand daughter, very beautiful .

Tina & I would like to wish the whole Load One family a very wonderful christmas.
family and friends are what the holidays are about, we are glad to have the opportunity to be a part of this family and to have made some new friends and put faces to some old ones. you can never have to much family.

finally, a last merry christmas wish to you John. may you and your family have a wonderful christmas. take this time to reflect on the past and let the wonderful memories of holidays past bring joy to your hearts and help heal the sadness.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Good morning all. Been a while since I've posted. Been a little busy traveling and shopping.

John so sorry for your loss. Peace be with you.

Congratulations Dennis on the addition to your family. An early Christmas present. What a joy!

We didn't take the boat to the Bahamas. If we would have known the weather was going to be like it has been, we certainly could have. Oh well.

We did fly to Texas for ten days to visit family and friends. Colder there than in Baltimore. Sure is dry.

Went to NYC for 3 days last week. NYC at Christmas time is a beautiful sight to enjoy. The tree and Rockefeller center and the windows of the dept stores were fabulous. Went to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas show. This year they added a 3D portion too the show. Just great. A totally different show than when we were there in 2000.

We took The Bolt bus to NYC. Operated by Greyhound. It cost $13 each on the way up and $12 for one ticket the other $1 coming back. Took us right to the port authority on 8th ave. a few blocks from the hotel. A great way to travel. There is wifi on the bus. Was not crowed. On the way up the driver did nick the mirror on the toll booth to the Holland tunnel, but didn't delay the trip much. He handed everyone an accident report to fill out then continued on. The tolls alone would have cost more than the tickets. Add fuel and parking, becomes a no brainier.

The van is repaired from the deer strike and ready to roll.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to all. May all your dreams and wishes be filled.

See you all in the new year.