Death by DeSantis

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis and the FL legislature hit another home run a few days ago when he signed the "Parental Rights in Education" bill into law. The radical left has falsely labeled this as the "Don't Say Gay Bill", and has promoted all kinds of outright lies about it, including that it bans the word "gay" in public schools. Nowhere in the language of the bill is that word used. This nonsense from the liberal noisy minority is strictly about culture wars and indoctrination of young children by excluding the parents. Of course every liberal from Biden to Disney has gone into convulsions about this common sense legislation that had to be passed to formalize the rights of parents to raise their children as they see fit.

"The bill states: 'Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade three or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards.'
Parents can sue school districts over violations.”

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After the covid lockdowns, the current inflation and the threat of impending recession, a lot of businesses are barely able to keep their doors open. This requires them to cut costs every way they can, and worker compensation is one of the first places they start. Therefore, part time employees are the fashion right now. This will catch up with businesses before long; people can't live on $17/hr. Additional govt regulations and corporate taxes only serve to make things worse. OTOH, some companies - like trucking - are begging for qualified workers. Skilled workers in manufacturing and the trades seem to be extremely hard to find.
If this isn't a liberal position, I don't know what is?

#hypocrisy

Reactions: RLENT

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It very well might be, but to hear people that have been arguing against those positions smacks of hypocrisy.
Arguing against which positions? Specifically.

You might read that post again and think about the policies/political positions that were implemented and led to the current situation in which the country finds itself. Your insinuation of hypocrisy is a desperate reach that has no merit.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Home economics is gone.....so is drivers education in schools.
I believe we need a life class that teaches cooking food without a microwave and how to change your cars tires in case of a flat and how to balance your check book.

Nope.... These are all things a parent should be teaching at home. More time should be spent teaching reading, writing, grammer, civics, etc. in the classroom.

I will agree.
I was being sarcastic, but thank you for bringing up those points.
Had I or any other posted the same, we would have been lambasted.

Hard to teach your kids when your working 2 or 3 part time jobs to feed them and have a place to live.

No that is just everyone that can't find a good paying full time job.....
You know the full time job with real healthcare insurance.

Nope that is just people wanting to not live paycheck to paycheck and not be able to aford a da.mn thing......which is common sense.
Enjoy your higher taxes next April.

Arguing against which positions? Specifically.
These are all liberal talking points.
#Hyrocrisy

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
These are all liberal talking points.
#Hyrocrisy
With the exception of quote #3, they are absolutely NOT liberal positions. Parents raising their children without govt interference and working to support one's family are well-known pillars of conservatism. The 3rd quote is pointless. This is a lame attempt to assign the #hypocrisy label where it doesn't apply. Besides, none of them come from post #500 which you gratuitously labeled as liberal and hypocritical. If the #hypocrisy label is going to be tossed out it should at least be supported by facts or rational thought.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With the exception of quote #3, they are absolutely NOT liberal positions. Parents raising their children without govt interference and working to support one's family are well-known pillars of conservatism. The 3rd quote is pointless. This is a lame attempt to assign the #hypocrisy label where it doesn't apply. Besides, none of them come from post #500 which you gratuitously labeled as liberal and hypocritical. If the #hypocrisy label is going to be tossed out it should at least be supported by facts or rational thought.
The facts are
danthewolf00 said:
I believe we need a life class that teaches cooking food without a microwave and how to change your cars tires in case of a flat and how to balance your check book.

These are all liberal talking points and should be taught in the home.
Smh

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The facts are
danthewolf00 said:

These are all liberal talking points and should be taught in the home.
Smh
And yet they don't have it in schools.....basic cooking and checkbook balance should be taught in school as a mandatory class more so than a French or Spanish language class.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And yet they don't have it in schools.....basic cooking and checkbook balance should be taught in school as a mandatory class more so than a French or Spanish language class.
If you read the threads properly, you are promoting these subjects be taught in schools..... This is a liberal position.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly

RLENT

Veteran Expediter

So much for Repubs being all about "freedom" ...

:tearsofjoy:

"Personal Finance" is a Freshman (9th grade) requirement here in our local school district ... along with "Basic Communication Skills".

"Creative Cooking", "Food for the Family", and "Independent Living" - all of which fall under the umbrella of "Home Economics" - are offered as electives for those interested.

So your claim appears to be a load of BS ... which, of course, is totally unsurprising.

I suspect, were I to check the local high school where you reside, I would probably find similar offerings.

• Haha
Reactions: muttly and Ragman

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
So much for Repubs being all about "freedom" ...

:tearsofjoy:

"Personal Finance" is a Freshman (9th grade) requirement here in our local school district ... along with "Basic Communication Skills".

"Creative Cooking", "Food for the Family", and "Independent Living" - all of which fall under the umbrella of "Home Economics" - are offered as electives for those interested.

So your claim appears to be a load of BS ... which, of course, is totally unsurprising.

I suspect, were I to check the local high school where you reside, I would probably find similar offerings.
That is your local school not mine.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Correct.

Would that be Bowsher High School ... or do you live in different area that is outside of the Toledo Public School System ?
It really should not matter. All districts in a state have similar curriculum.
Unless it's a "special ed " program.