Death by DeSantis

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Looks like our dictator (governor) has decreed that any entertainment not sanctioned by the church will be punished.

When talking about him, the phrase "keep Florida free" keeps being used, but I guess that only refers to white straight church going men......

I have no desire to view a drag show, but for those who do why should they be punished?
He was sworn to uphold the laws of Florida, correct? How is that being a dictator?

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What law did they break that justifies the removal of their liquor license? Did they serve booze to minors? No, they had a drag show that was offensive to him.
Suppose they had a show targeting minors that featured strippers and pole dancers? The problem is with the marketing of this perverted insanity to young kids. They should impose hefty fines on this place in addition to pulling their liquor license.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Suppose they had a show targeting minors that featured strippers and pole dancers? The problem is with the marketing of this perverted insanity to young kids. They should impose hefty fines on this place in addition to pulling their liquor license.
So I take it you believe the lie that this was targeting children just because they were at the show? Going to save our children from the groomers?

Once again the party of "freedom" is restricting access to anything they deem wrong.

Last edited:
  • Haha

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I take it you believe the lie that this was targeting children just because they were at the show? Going to save our children from the groomers?

Once again the party of "freedom" is restricting access to anything they deem wrong.
They weren't exposed to sexually explicit activity?

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where the hotel ran afoul of the law was allowing minors at the show at all, regardless of the parental accompanied clause. This kind of entertainment should be adults only.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where the hotel ran afoul of the law was allowing minors at the show at all, regardless of the parental accompanied clause. This kind of entertainment should be adults only.
But at that point it becomes the parents choice, All the rules they are making up for the schools are all about parents choice, so now they want to take choices away?

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the state of ohio you need to be AT least 16 to even enter a bar WITH a parent.....a drag show is not something a minor should ever see until they are at least 18.
I agree, but if a parent chooses to take them to it, its their choice.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to agree with the hate mongers on this one....But for a different reason. Children have no business at a drag show. These places are first and foremost, bars.
It's not a different reason for me because I believe the same thing...I have worked in bars and it was very very rare that a parent would bring their 16 year old into a bar.
Maybe because they know that it's not a place for a child.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In the state of ohio you need to be AT least 16 to even enter a bar WITH a parent.....a drag show is not something a minor should ever see until they are at least 18.
There's another issue in play besides keeping minors out of bars and adults-only entertainment. A major agenda of the radical left is the normalization of the transgender movement, especially among impressionable young children. These shows advance that narrative, and it stands to reason that only dysfunctional parents would want to take their kids to this kind of event in the first place.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sorry dude, but I'm going to have to agree with the hate mongers on this one....But for a different reason. Children have no business at a drag show. These places are first and foremost, bars.
“Hate monger” is such a loose term that could apply to almost anyone.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Democrat leadership do not know the words transparency or tolerance....they would rather see the world burn if they can not be in control.

Reactions: muttly