Death by DeSantis

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just a waste of time for him to interview with her. She has been around forever as a “news” reporter. But she chooses to be a partisan Democrat activist who pushes Fake News. Trump spent years engaging Fake News people and their entities, but nothing much changes. Fake News is as fake as ever.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Of course Hannity, et al on Fox are paid actors - they host opinion shows. The same goes for Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow (MSNBC), Don Lemon (CNN), George Stephanopoulos (ABC); the list includes every cable "news" network and all the legacy networks. It's virtually impossible to find straight-up, unbiased news reporting any more, both on-air and in print.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NBC, CBS, ABC. Of those three, can anyone differentiate a less leftist bias? I can’t. They are , in essence, the same leftist propaganda.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe someone reminded DeSantis of the old quote "Never argue with someone who buys ink by the barrel". Nowadays it also includes unlimited air time. The liberals adhere to this religiously. You never see any of them giving interviews to any media they consider to be conservative.

Reactions: muttly

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Of course Hannity, et al on Fox are paid actors - they host opinion shows. The same goes for Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow (MSNBC), Don Lemon (CNN), George Stephanopoulos (ABC); the list includes every cable "news" network and all the legacy networks. It's virtually impossible to find straight-up, unbiased news reporting any more, both on-air and in print.
Sad but true.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
What is the Meaning of This?

DeSantis usually hangs out in Pensacola, the Florida state Capitol. Trump's Mar-a-Lago home is is in Palm Beach, an 8.5 hour drive from Pensacola (shorter time by plane). DeSantis could have had this pre-presidential campaign meeting anywhere in Florida or anywhere in the country, but he chose to have it just 4 miles from Mar-a-Lago.

What is the meaning of this? In the grand scheme of things, not much. But I can't help but chuckle as I imagine Trump doing a slow burn watching the headline news of this local event on his hometown news. It is mind reading to speculate on the meaning of the DeSantis meeting location choice. But I can't help but think this is a subtle play to push Trump's buttons and set him off.

The more Trump tears into DeSantis, the better it is for DeSantis.

Reactions: Pilgrim and Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What is the Meaning of This?

DeSantis usually hangs out in Pensacola, the Florida state Capitol. Trump's Mar-a-Lago home is is in Palm Beach, an 8.5 hour drive from Pensacola (shorter time by plane). DeSantis could have had this pre-presidential campaign meeting anywhere in Florida or anywhere in the country, but he chose to have it just 4 miles from Mar-a-Lago.

What is the meaning of this? In the grand scheme of things, not much. But I can't help but chuckle as I imagine Trump doing a slow burn watching the headline news of this local event on his hometown news. It is mind reading to speculate on the meaning of the DeSantis meeting location choice. But I can't help but think this is a subtle play to push Trump's buttons and set him off.

The more Trump tears into DeSantis, the better it is for DeSantis.

DeSantis has actually lost ground in polls that I’ve seen.

Reactions: ATeam

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Question gang has desantis come out and say he was running for president or is the news just pushing that he is going to run....

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Question gang has desantis come out and say he was running for president or is the news just pushing that he is going to run....
He hasn’t announced, but he is accumulating donors and he is out with a book. Those are things candidates usually have before they run. Still not sure if will run though. Maybe if Trump can’t run for some reason then he would definitely, imo.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis Losing Ground to Trump in Recent Polls

This poll appears to be an outlier when compared to other polls. Also, the Emerson poll shows Trump holding at exactly 55% in its last four polls going back to last June, when it had DeSantis at 10%.

RCP also shows Trump's favorable/unfavorable average holding steady at 38/55.1; he can't win the general election unless that ratio changes drastically. OTOH, DeSantis is at 43.8/38.6 - a positive favorability ratio and he hasn't even declared and started a serious campaign.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis is a local political leader(.(currently)
The Dems haven’t in unison lied about him being a Russia asset or fibbed about him being a racist yet, on a national level.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
DeSantis is a local political leader(.(currently)
The Dems haven’t in unison lied about him being a Russia asset or fibbed about him being a racist yet, on a national level.
Not yet anyway, but if they decide he's a threat he'll get the same treatment Trump and Kavanagh did. Lies, character assassination, bimbos erupting from nowhere making claims from high school - you name it. It's their SOP now.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
L
Not yet anyway, but if they decide he's a threat he'll get the same treatment Trump and Kavanagh did. Lies, character assassination, bimbos erupting from nowhere making claims from high school - you name it. It's their SOP now.
Don't leave out the Republicans. There are plenty of them ready to have their anti-DeSantis fun too.

And don't leave Trump out either. Recently it was Trump himself who posted the DeSantis photo with high school girls, saying DeSantis was grooming them. DeSantis is already being treated viciously by Trump and his backers, and there is more to come.

I don't pay that much attention to the Democrats so I can't say for sure. But I'm not recalling any parallel example of a Democrat slamming a fellow Democrat with lies, name-calling and insults like Trump slams DeSantis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't leave out the Republicans. There are plenty of them ready to have their anti-DeSantis fun too.

Also, don't leave Trump out either. Recently it was Trump himself who posted the DeSantis photo with high school girls, saying DeSantis was grooming them. DeSantis is already being treated more viciously by the right than the left.

That's exactly right. There's a core of "Trump or nobody" fanatics who can't or won't accept the strong possibility that he may not be the nominee. On the opposite end of the GOP spectrum are the Trump haters that won't accept him if he is. The RNC better find a way to unite these factions or they'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in '24. Actually, a Trump indictment would solve a lot of problems for the Republican Party.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
MAGA would support DeSantis. They just prefer Trump. The “core” consists of Never Trumpers. There aren’t many Never DeSantis Republicans yet until the Dems start calling him a racist and Putin’s puppet. Then there may be a bit more.