Death by DeSantis

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
6 billion to build that border wall and Democrats said it was to costly......but they want to spend trillions for their stuff......

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Nice deflection there Ron, what would you do if you were in charge of the border? The answer is not much different that what is going on now, you have to follow the law.
Biden isn't following the law right now. The law says if you are in this country without authorization, meaning if you crossed the border illegally, you are to be deported immediately. You aren't to get a hearing for an asylum claim, because asylum claims are to be made at a point of entry.

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Do you really belive the crap you post or do you just like to type.
3 million is probably a little low. Fiscal year ends September 30th, and at the current rate, according to CBP and DHS, there will be about 1.7 million apprehensions of illegal aliens for the fiscal year. That's the same number as in fiscal year 2000. Also that year, DHS estimates there were an additional 2.1 million successful unlawful entries - those that evaded capture. If those numbers hold up for the next 2 months, and there's no reason to think they won't, we're looking at closer to 4 million illegally crossing the southern border.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Biden isn't following the law right now. The law says if you are in this country without authorization, meaning if you crossed the border illegally, you are to be deported immediately. You aren't to get a hearing for an asylum claim, because asylum claims are to be made at a point of entry.
I was always under the impression that they were allowed to do it that way. The sad part is that way more walk up to the border, present their passport and say Im going to do some shopping in the US and just never leave. And all of the ones who fly here on a tourist visa and never leave.

I feel bad for people who come here wanting a better life, but this just isnt working.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
They (the Executive Branch) can enforce the laws as they see fit, for the most part. Thanks to numerous lawsuits, exceptions and hoops to jump through have been created. Like unaccompanied minors, courts have ruled you can't deport them immediately because they might be subjected to child trafficking.

But instead of trying to safely get them back to where they came from, the goal now is to safely get them placed in the US with a sponsor or a relative. Which means parents can send their kids to the border knowing they'll get in. Or worse, the parents are already here illegally and they can be reunited with their kids.

Reuniting families is great. Instead of bringing in more people to reunite the families, seems to me it would be easier just to send the one or two who are already here illegally back where they came from to their families. Instant reunification.

Visa overstays is definitely a problem. In the last few years the number of visa overstays is larger than the number of those illegally crossing the southern border. I don't think that's true for the last year, what with the pandemic shutting down visas and the dramatic increase in illegal border crossings.

I remember during the campaign season Beto ran an ad that stated more people overstay their visas than cross illegally, and at the time that was true. But his implication was, because the illegal border crossers were fewer, then we shouldn't even bother with them. They don't matter, visa overstays is the real problem.

But people granted visas have been vetted, we know who they are, where they are from, and a whole host of other things we don't know about those crossing illegally.

We do know that migrants who cross the border illegally commit crimes at far greater rates than those who cross legally.

Last edited:
Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought Dems were supposed to be serious about this Pandemic.
They're always serious about anything if they can use it to their advantage. The instant they can no longer use it to further their goals, they drop out like it never existed.

Good example of that is a #MeToo group helped Cuomo craft his defense, and smear one of his accusers.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I thought Dems were supposed to be serious about this Pandemic.

You would think the republicans would be more serious about the virus, now that a way higher percentage of democrats are vaccinated, the virus is free to take out mostly republicans.

Just like in the Matrix we can only show you the door, you have to walk through it.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You would think the republicans would be more serious about the virus, now that a way higher percentage of democrats are vaccinated, the virus is free to take out mostly republicans.

Just like in the Matrix we can only show you the door, you have to walk through it.

It depends who they are: age, health status, already had virus, etc.

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
They get $40 a pop. It was $28 until March.

Not for vaccines they don't. For other drugs, you betcha, but not for vaccines. For one thing, like I did already, most doctors aren't even administering covid vaccines at all, not much kickback wiggle room in nothing. But even regular vaccines there are no kickbacks.

Pharmaceutical companies make little or no money on vaccines. The entire pharmaceutical industry revenue in the US is a mind numbing $482 billion per year. They make $10 billion a year on just one hepatitis drug alone. Plenty left over for kickbacks.

By comparison, the total revenue possible per year if all childhood vaccines were given to every child born in the US from their birth until 18 years of age would be only $8 billion, which is equal to only 1.7% of pharma sales. And that's across 18 years. So, even vaccinating every child with every vaccine to prevent multiple illnesses across the country would bring in less revenue than just a single drug is capable of bringing in to treat a single infection in some people. There's no money in vaccines.

There is more revenue for the covid vaccine, but that's also because the taxpayers bankrolled the R&D. But then there's the Anti-Kickback statute which explicitly prohibits those administering the covid vaccine from obtaining incentives for giving the shots. The Office of Inspector General for HHS, who enforces the statute, keeps a close eye on things.

They did carve out an exception for incentives, but not for the ones giving the vaccine, it is for the ones getting the vaccine (bribing people to get it).

No.

There's a big difference between "being able to" and "very likely to." Masks are routinely worn in hospitals in situations where a contagion is likely to be spread, like when someone comes in with a staph infection, or during a pandemic.
Oh ok, so chemical respirators are needed when dealing with chemicals but dealing with such a deadly virus.... All that's needed is a paper or cloth mask? Ok.....

So doctors are getting kickbacks because the medical facility is getting paid $40 per vaccination.... You really think some of that money is not going to pay doctors??

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Kinda like Republicans should be in favor of abortion, seeing as how abortion takes out millions of future Democrat voters?

Most die hard conservatives I know are for abortion because they think it saves them tax money, fewer welfare babies according to them.

Reactions: Turtle

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Most die hard conservatives I know are for abortion because they think it saves them tax money, fewer welfare babies according to them.

Are you nuts......nothing is going to stop a baby maker from her money.....there is a reason most of them drive a caddy and yet live in section 8.

• Haha
Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh ok, so chemical respirators are needed when dealing with chemicals but dealing with such a deadly virus.... All that's needed is a paper or cloth mask? Ok.....
You're an expert with the "So tell." Give me a quote where I said all that is needed to protect yourself from covid is a cloth or paper mask. You can't, because I never said it. I never implied it, never even hinted at it.
So doctors are getting kickbacks because the medical facility is getting paid $40 per vaccination.... You really think some of that money is not going to pay doctors??
I see you did some research. :JC-hysterical:

Getting paid for services rendered is not a kickback. And, again, almost no doctors are administering covid vaccines. There are a few, I'm sure, but they can't even charge for an office visit for it.

Last edited:

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you nuts......nothing is going to stop a baby maker from her money.....there is a reason most of them drive a caddy and yet live in section 8.
Years ago that might be true, but other than a few more food stamps, more babies does not get you much. Back in the 80s you would have a couple more hundred bucks a month on your welfare check, but those days are gone, No more than 36 ( I think) months of cash assistance allowed, after than you are out of luck.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Back when I installed carpet for a living my boss and I did a lot of section 8 housing and let me tell you there was a lot of baby mama's with 5 to 7 kids .....

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
You're an expert with the "So tell." Give me a quote where I said all that is needed to protect yourself from covid is a cloth or paper mask. You can't, because I never said it. I never implied it, never even hinted at it.
I never said you said that. I'm just pointing out the fallacy in your argument. You're saying respirators are needed for one thing but for a supposed so deadly airborne virus....a peice of paper or clothe is sufficient.

Reactions: danthewolf00