Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Re: Davy Jones Dead

Sad that he died. I always liked him.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
My older sister was crazy about him. He was too short for me, lol. Never read any bad press on him, though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Re: Davy Jones Dead

Last week it was Whitney Houston, this week Davy Jones. Who's next, Cass Elliot?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You obviously missed the National Anthem before the Super Bowl or you'd know Stephen Tyler is already gone.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, it was a veiled reference to his off notes and incorrect lyrics primarily with a little more on his arthritic(?) or otherwise strange looking hands.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
We lost a few people who should be talked about, Buck Compton, Lewis Aryes and my cat. The first two were WW2 vets with who actually did something.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So you know he never "did anything?". Amazing

Well why do we worry about entertainers when others have greater impact to the world.

Like right now fox is having a big deal about andrew breitbart who died today, a commentator but nothing more.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who's worrying? You just thrive on being the one who takes the opposite view on everything.

xxiv24

Expert Expediter
Well why do we worry about entertainers when others have greater impact to the world.

Like right now fox is having a big deal about andrew breitbart who died today, a commentator but nothing more.

We each have our heroes. For Scott,and others including myself, Davy and The Monkees provided us with a bit of fun when we were children. Entertainers, some more than others, often give is something to aspire to.
You talk about no recogntion for real war heroes? Well consider that the entertainment industry brought to light many of the valorous actions and deeds otherwise unknown.
For example, a little girl forced the US Navy to recognize the fallen from the sunk USS Indianapolis. Based on a reference from the movie jaws.
Would you know about Schindlere were it not for Spielberg?
I assure you, the people out there fighting wars are not looking for fame and fortune on the field of battle. They are doing the job they are trained to do. I am certain they are not worried about flags at half mast, as they better things to worry about.
The truth is that history will sort them out. And it may very well come at the hands of the entertainment industry.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was entertained by the I Love Lucy show......actually still am....and "Mighty Mouse" was my hero...:)... Howdy Doody Time and the Capt K. oh yeah...the mouseketiers

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed not just listening to their music, watching the show when it was fresh but also meeting them and having their signatures on some of their albums and a lunchbox.

My point is that his death is a tragedy but so are others, like compton and aryes. It seems that we need to remember them all without sensationalization of their deaths.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do not get me wrong, I enjoyed not just listening to their music, watching the show when it was fresh but also meeting them and having their signatures on some of their albums and a lunchbox.

My point is that his death is a tragedy but so are others, like compton and aryes. It seems that we need to remember them all without sensationalization of their deaths.

Its always been that way tho....and always will be....

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't look at it as a tragedy. He died. It happens. And it was reported on, as he was known to people. That's it. Fin