Custody at Risk After 'Toddlers & Tiaras' Star Wears Controversial Outfit

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So what's the serious point in the argument? That a mother shouldn't be able to raise her child any way she sees fit, and that others should be able to impose their own set of morals and standards of behavior onto someone else, simply because they don't agree with it? Is the point that when you dress up in a Dolly Parton costume that it's imperative you not look like Dolly Parton? If you're gonna do Dolly, you gotta have the boobs and the butt. I can see the outrage if she was wearing the padding every day, but it's part of a costume on stage.

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
So what's the serious point in the argument? That a mother shouldn't be able to raise her child any way she sees fit, and that others should be able to impose their own set of morals and standards of behavior onto someone else, simply because they don't agree with it? Is the point that when you dress up in a Dolly Parton costume that it's imperative you not look like Dolly Parton? If you're gonna do Dolly, you gotta have the boobs and the butt. I can see the outrage if she was wearing the padding every day, but it's part of a costume on stage.

ROFL ...... I actually agree with one of your points maybe even two ... heaven forbid what is the world coming to LOL. :p

I actually did watch this episode and if the program hadn't actually honed in more than once on the padding bit, I wouldn't have noticed .... it was a wig and a jumpsuit, there were far more outragious costumes than this one, which should have been objected to.

The serious point IMO is if the father wins his case then it could open a can of worms for any divorced parent.

Whats next ... give me custody cos you allow him/her to enter the gymkana ..... or ballet ....... or gymnastics ???

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If the father gets custody over this it will indeed set a dangerous precedent. It then becomes no longer an issue of what's best for the child or whether the custodial parent is an unfit parent, it becomes an issue of "you're not doing it right" in a realm where right and wrong are purely opinions.

The father asserts the mother sexually exploited the child. That's farcical at best. It might be sexually exploitative in the mind of a pedophile, but then again, so is the Sears catalog.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I don't agree with what she did with her daughter, but I believe it's not my call, or anyone else's, to take her kid away for something so (not-so) innocent.

Society has already screwed itself up. People of Walmart are an everyday sighting now. No one cares what they look like, when they go outside, so most look like trailer trash. Tattoos all over their bodies. Bra straps hanging out of their tops. Faces sunken in like they're on meth. No... Dolly Parton boobs have little to do with it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I think it was actually quite innocent. It was done in the context of a beauty pageant, on stage in a show, not in the context of everyday wear while shopping at Walmart.

I'm actually pretty good about keeping my bra straps from falling out of my top. My boobs, on the other hand....not so much.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i think it was actually quite innocent. It was done in the context of a beauty pageant, on stage in a show, not in the context of everyday wear while shopping at walmart.

I'm actually pretty good about keeping my bra straps from falling out of my top. My boobs, on the other hand....not so much.

ragman ..... Don't you dare !!!!

:eek:

dang!
;) .............

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I thought it was gonna be about the Junior Miss Trailer Trash who calls herself Honey BooBoo - she's worn 'provocative' costumes too, but worse is that her mother gives her Mountain Dew mixed with Red Bull, which I would call abusive, myself. The so called 'pageant crack' [Pixie Stix, sucked down 5 or 6 at a time] is common for those poor kids, but there seems to be little concern for their actual physical health, never mind their impressionable ideas about what women 'ought' to look like.
And the guys are right: how the toddler pageant mothers choose to raise their daughters may be deplorable [in my opinion] but they are feeding, sheltering, and educating them as required by law, so the law has no grounds for calling them unfit mothers.
When everyone insists that parents have the right to raise their children by their own standards, we have to accept some pretty low ones.
I don't believe they get much lower than a child known for the phrase " a dollah makes me hollah!" but that's freedom for ya.