Computercide and Rotten Kids

gospelriders

Seasoned Expediter
Facebook can be bad. Can lead to all kinds of things. It is a sad comment on our post 20th century age that a bullcrap like Facebook should become one of the United State's proudest achievements.

Facebook is a horror, really. All it does is encourage the worst of kindergarten and high school behavior, full of petty alliances, bullying and fleeting alliances based on shallow and unverifiable attributes of looks, perceived wealth and social standing. And that's from the adults. The teenagers are even worse. It is a Buddhist's worst nightmare, and confirmation that we do indeed live in the Age of the Sudra (if you believe that sort of thing). I have written off people who used to be interesting, and now spend all their time playing with imaginary farm animals and other truly moronic wastes of time.

Father Murders Couple for Because They Un-Friended His Adult Daughter on Facebook.

Sounds made up, but it's not.

i think a buddhist's worst nightmare is when he realizes in order to rid himself of all desires, he has to have a desire to do it.;)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
http://www.litefm.com/pages/news-story.html?feed=421220&article=9744152

I wasn't sure what to think about the first vid, because teenagers aren't 'one size fits all', and the approach that works with one may backfire with another - but in this followup [which is what I was hoping to see, but further down the road] it seems that this Dad nailed it.
I only wish he'd found someone deserving to 'gift' the laptop to, rather than destroy it, but what he did was dammed effective, and good for him!
:D

A

Anomaly

As a fellow computer geek, an avid outdoorsman and a bit of a non-conformist, I have shot many computers. I never did it in public or in front of the users who allowed them to get into such shape ... nea ... put them in such bad shape ... but ... all I can say is ...

The ammo would have been a lot cheaper had he made his own reloads! I could make better rounds than that for about forty cents each! Mine would even pierce grade 3 military Kevlar and they were cheaper to boot.

A

Anomaly

Besides, when your daddy works as an IT person ... duuuuuuuuuuuuh!

sluggo

Seasoned Expediter
I guess you don't remember what it was like to be a teen. It's called rebellion and was done in a setting that was talking to friends. I look at it that the father is the one with issues, way more so than the kid.

Okay, so a 15 yr. old, self absorbed girl, left in a state of unchecked rebellion and in total privacy on "her" computer posted some disparaging things about whatever.

We are our childrens' parents first. Not friends. We don't turn a blind eye to anti-social, petulant behavior and laugh it off as teen rebellion or angst. We correct out of love. We punish because we want better for them. If they don't learn consequences for their actions at that age , then when do you think they'll learn them. Doing the right things with our most precious treasure is most often not easy. I encourage you to think back to when you were 15 and ask youself if total privacy should have been at the top of you parents' list.

We most often take the easy road and later, wonder what we should have done better. If this, or most any other 15 yr. old is given autonomy without reprisal and expect them not to act in their own selfish interests, I want to show you something. It's my shocked face.

etrade-shocked-face[1].jpg[

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I say the father did take the easy way out in the way he dealt with it. History will show us I guess since he's now created a star of himself (knowing full well this would go viral).
I wouldn't be surprised if that gun and a big news story pops up again in this family's future, one way or another.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
There is a Panther straight that drives through towards the end when he is going to sit back down.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Scott...I'm curious. Do you have kids?

Jenny...huh?

Towards the end of the video after he shoots the laptop and goes to sit down, in the background from the right side of the screen, there is a Panther straight truck that drives by.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Watch some of the video responses. Most are from recent teenagers who are now out in the real world. They are on dad's side.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I seen too Jenny...and it was my 26 y/o son that sent me the video clip and his comment was " wow, this brings back memories...." with a :D attched to it....my seventeen y/o brought up the time her prom date came to the house before they could go (no dates until we parents met the dates was the rule here) and i was at the table cleaning guns..(did that with both girls)...

He made a powerful impression on his daughter, one she will probably never forget, and she will think twice before using HER PARENTS computer to post something like that again....(chances are the computer as was all 4 of the cell phones she has had and most everything was else bought by her parents, as i tell my kids, "you own nothing, most everything you have came from someone else, when you pay for it, then its yours, until then, its just on loan) LOL, and i find it funny how dad found it...no hacking at all, just doing "Family posting on the dog's FB page"....lol..thats funny stuff right there...

LOL, i liked the responses that said the kid was going to become a dropout, druggie, stripper.....LOL....

Last edited:

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Simply amazing how much kids in this day and age take for granted. Hopefully this kid will remember Dad's message every time she looks at the bullet riddled laptop.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I seen too Jenny...and it was my 26 y/o son that sent me the video clip and his comment was " wow, this brings back memories...." with a :D attched to it....my seventeen y/o brought up the time her prom date came to the house before they could go (no dates until we parents met the dates was the rule here) and i was at the table cleaning guns..(did that with both girls)...

He made a powerful impression on his daughter, one she will probably never forget, and she will think twice before using HER PARENTS computer to post something like that again....(chances are the computer as was all 4 of the cell phones she has had and most everything was else bought by her parents, as i tell my kids, "you own nothing, most everything you have came from someone else, when you pay for it, then its yours, until then, its just on loan) LOL, and i find it funny how dad found it...no hacking at all, just doing "Family posting on the dog's FB page"....lol..thats funny stuff right there...

LOL, i liked the responses that said the kid was going to become a dropout, druggie, stripper.....LOL....

LOL! IF I had gone over to pick up a date and found her dad cleaning guns I MIGHT have skipped the date and joined in cleaning the guns! :D