Comdata ripoffs

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Have you noticed that now comdata charges you when you get cash when you fill up and they even charge you for the rebate on the fuel price talk about thives

03/18/11 07:59 FP #2S TA-TOLEDO 3483 LIBBEY RD PERRYSBURG OH 122.75 3.96 -485.98 -2.50
03/18/11 07:59 FP CSH TA-TOLEDO 3483 LIBBEY RD PERRYSBURG OH -100.00 -2.50
03/18/11 07:59 FP FOCUS TA-TOLEDO 3483 LIBBEY RD PERRYSBURG OH 20.62 -2.50
03/18/11 07:59 FP TOTAL TA-TOLEDO 3483 LIBBEY RD PERRYSBURG OH -565.36 -2.50

so i was charged $7.50 in fees for using the card 1 time

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That is why I will never use my Comdata card....They make good guitar picks, you can get at least three good ones out of them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
If every so called pro expediter has a cash back up....why the heck does anyone ever use comdata??? it is crap!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am blissfully unaware of how it even works. And I plan on it staying that way.

Scott I was like what is this? when I first came down here....way too many use com data in my mind...all us experts in here claim the high ground to having a cash nest egg and yet pay these FEES is just...BAD business....just wait for your settlement......maybe in an emergency for whatever reason....

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I drive a TT i am not going to carry that much cash with me also notice the $20 discount on the fuel by using the card its just that they never charged for that before

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Joe...problem is CV's have so many deductions we don't need them all....once you are at 0 they are wasted....

Just passing on the info in case some don't know that they can be deducted. Those fees he posted seemed VERY high, out of whack even. I think I would question them.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drive a TT i am not going to carry that much cash with me also notice the $20 discount on the fuel by using the card its just that they never charged for that before

I guess you are screwed?..if you put it on a charge card and pay it off monthly there is no interest BUT you don't get the cash price at the pumps....they have you by the short hairs? eh?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Did you actually call Panther and ask them about this?

Comdata may not be the one doing the charging, the fees are negotiated with the carrier based on the amount of money they process.