Color spectrums for long night runs

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What I do when I am at home on the weekends is up to me.. if you like to enjoy a drink from time to time like most people, you have no room to talk about this.
Not true. Alcohol is legal and there are legal limits as the amounts and time for consumption. THC is an illegal drug and can be detected in one's system for more than 30 days. Of course if you aren't subject to random drug testing and never get in an accident, you're cool.

You would be very happy to share the road with a lad like me. Every truck that passes me I hug the opposing line to give him room. Every truck that needs to switch lanes I give him/her the brights flash to signal the okay.
I'm not thrilled about sharing the road with a lad like you. You started this post about the importance of the proper light and then you tell how you flash your highbeams at passing trucks and hug the opposing line to give them room. What you are doing is momentarily blinding the driver and also making it difficult for the driver to see you do to your lane position.

I pride myself in safe driving.
I'm sure you do!

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found the light thing interesting. One van, I made all the interior lights red (even the dash lights) and had far better night vision than before. Of course, a newer van with the brighter halogen reflector lights kinda made a bigger difference than red interior bulbs.

So I find the light thing interesting :D but I also think needing to keep the interior light on to stay awake and do 5000 miles as unnecessary as doing 5000 miles.

Hire an indirect, sheesh. No we aren't regulated, but have fun explaining that to MDOT (or any other) when they ask for your paperwork. They have the authority to stop you if they feel that you're being unsafe.

I made $6500 in 2 weeks. The difference between me and the driver that made $7500 is I did not drive into the back of a tractor trailer and write off my van (he's ok).

Start with another van or straight, hire a driver, and keep doing that. A fleet will make more in total then you ever could solo.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Listen the 4000 miles includes pick up, deadhead, and delivery miles. I don't advise anyone to take on these kind of miles unless they have experience. I was under the impression that you guys have weeks like this from time to time. If I have a direct load 1200 miles from point a to point b and there is another 1200 mile run immediately available after delivery, my carrier will not even ask me they just give me the pick up address to keep the wheels turning rolling. The first week I was in this business I was seeing men in suits who turned out to be highway signs.. I have a system now and can take on these high mileage weeks. If I can gross over $5000 why not I wanna stack these dollars we're all chasing. I'm just passing on some information no one else would tell you unless they understood light spectrums. We gotta stick together :)
Man what was u smoking seeing guys in suits that turned out to be signs

This thingy majiggy

Reactions: ntimevan

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Are you saying your carrier doesn't do random drug tests?
I left a carrier because my team driver acted like he was on drugs the company didn't want to drug test him do I said the hell with y'all I wanna go home now that I am out of longhaul driving an working at the family funeral home I put it in the sop's about random drug test even the ones that don't drive any of our vehicles

This thingy majiggy