Closed/Locked Threads

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A well respected and distinguished E.O. member brought to my attention that a thread I started had a short run and was locked/closed. I checked. Sure enough there is a big old padlock on it and a sign that reads CLOSED. The thread title is: UPS Linehaul.

I read through my original post looking for naughty words and didn't find any. No "F" words, no "N" words, no prohibited words at all. While typing the original post I had wanted to use the word "titties", but couldn't work it into the context of the post, so I passed. How's that for self restraint!

I couldn't find anything that would be considered objectionable or a violation of the C.O.C. (I exercised more self restraint by not ending the previous sentence with the letter K.) So my question, one of many is, why was this thread locked? Why wasn't an explanation given as to why this action was taken. The Load One Sitting thread got locked down, but it was quite obvious why. As Davekc point out it was a train wreck early on.

Is one of the moderators a card carrying, closet Teamster? Does Brown own On Time Media. Is Lawrence playing cribbage with Jimmy Hoffa? Is Jimmy junior gay?

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
As a former Mod...I see NO reason for the closure....at all....except in does NOT belong in the General Forum as it does not have a thing to do with expediting...at best it should have been moved to the load dock forum.....IMO of course....it appears NOT to violate any TOS.

However Moot, buddy....your attempt to surpass the filters with your reason for edit does....;)

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't see anything in the closed thread that as a moderator would get it closed and I see, what is it, the tenth, twelfth, umpteenth occurrence in the edited post of something that should get a minimum of 6 months vacation, by someone who in theory should be mature enough to resist the juvenile urge to post what he knows and has been warned multiple times not to post. There's only one person that it makes look incredibly bad.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hmmm, I'm not sure why your thread got sanctioned. There's the window for comments in each response section, stating..

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Is it possible that the thread or the contents met one of those criterias?

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's opened back up. Looks like it got locked by accident. Probably like this:

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Speaking of locked threads, what's with Bruno's new avatar ? Just saw it in the Load-1 thread from yesterday.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sanctions lifted, lol. UPS linehaul is active again. You can always count on Turtle:)

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This thread should be lock immediately, because, ummm because, I got nothing :rolleyes:
I too was very puzzled over the closing of that thread, now reopened I see.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Speaking of locked threads, what's with Bruno's new avatar ? Just saw it in the Load-1 thread from yesterday.

Hey, that sounds like the making for a new thread. Bruno's New Avatar, someone called me about it :p

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Reading Bruno's pms from yesterday would be fun I imagine.

I got one PM and that was it. I changed my avatar because I like that Avatar. With the EO app on my phone you can change you're avatar with pictures from your phone I feel a lot easier.

Sent from my SM-N900P using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Sanctions lifted, lol. UPS linehaul is active again. You can always count on Turtle:)
u3u6abu7.jpg