Christmas Movies

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The one about the little boy who wants a air rifle and all of the adults tell him"You will shoot your eye out".

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Miracle on 43rd street...

Good memories.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

panthercub

Seasoned Expediter
"Scrooged" starring Bill Murray doesn't get as much attention as it should as far as Chistmas movies go. It's a remake of "A Christmas Carol", with Bill Murray playing Scroge. It's hilarious and an excellent rental for the holidays!

Daniel
Panther 12055

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Either Miracle on 34th Street with Maureen O'Hara or It's a Wonderful Life.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd have to go with It's A Wonderful Life also. It is a great reminder of how one person's life can effect so many other people.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
a Christmas story is good (the sequel was bad), 34th street is good, Scrodged with Bill Murray is good, so is the '51 version of a Christmas carol with Alastair Sim is also good but it's a wonderful life has been run into the ground like Alice's Restaurant Massacree, which seems to be on every year on several stations at the same time - yawn....

I liked the colorized version of it's a wonderful life by the way but because of the BS copyrigtht laws, they took that off the market and never been scene since the lawsuit and the following - it ruined my holiday spirit.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Scrooge! Disney's animated version and there is an old black and white one I love. To Bob's dismay I have many Christmas movies from the cartoon ones to the feel good ones and I love them all. I do only play them in December though. He is also very pleased that I have an IPOD and I play my Christmas music with ear plugs in.

Packmule

Expert Expediter
Wow, That really provokes some interesting thoughts about aging. My favorite would have to be "It's a wonderful life", but I find myself getting caught up in some really good Christmas movies that the wife watches on Lifetime and other channels that I don't normally watch.
Like "The Walton's Christmas and "The Engel's Christmas".
And to think 30 years ago my favorite Christmas movie was "Debbie does Santa"!! Age brings on changes doesn't it?

Danny

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
we're no angels

h bogart, aldo ray, basil rathbone, leo g carroll. its an oldie and a goodie based in the tropics.

Jack Berry
bolt express
frtlnr 3328

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd have to go with "Scrooged". I may be the only person on the planet that hasn't seen "It's a Wonderful Life" all the way through. Maybe I should make it a point this year. Do you think they'll show it?

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle..
Hey I'm a non traditionalist.
Scrooged is bringing up the rear tho..
Can't go wrong with Bill Murray:p

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>I'd have to go with "Scrooged". I may be the only person on
>the planet that hasn't seen "It's a Wonderful Life" all the
>way through. Maybe I should make it a point this year. Do
>you think they'll show it?

That has Jimmy Stewart in it no?

Mike

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
>Mike, what about the Seven Year Itch, with Marilyn Monroe?
OOOH yeah circa 1955 with the bloomer shot...
She owned a spot on my wall next to Farrah Faucet in my yute:9

are12

Expert Expediter
If it has to be a movie, I have to agree with Grog. Elf is hilarious!

But to be honest, I love watching Rudolph and The Grinch Who Stole Christmas-they are my all time favorite Christmas shows. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without them! (It must be the kid in me!!)