Chef Dennis Follow Up

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok..Good Morning..Things kinda went as figured..Well other then that they found another blockage, so thay brought the total to 2..One was a 100% blockage and the other was a 70% blockage. They installed 2 stents at 2 separate locations.
So, they kept me overnight and i am now just waiting to be discharged.

From all conversation with the dr, i expect to be back to all normal activities by Fri. That means I hope to be back on the road asap..I'll be in service Friday afternoon (i have to tell you Miss the road) .

So at this point everything looks good, the dr that installed the stents said that after all was done, blood flow to the heart was normal...so its all good.

Now its up to me to make those "lifestyle" changes to make sure that this was not done in vane..

I want to thank everyone that posted, sent messages and called with well wishes...I was/ is greatly appreciated.

You all be safe...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ok, I want to add a BIG THANKS to SEEKERMAN!! The info you gave on your personal situtation probably saved me a bunch of issue.

In the last 2 weeks I had both heart testing done along with gastro procedures...I have had a hiaial (ms'd) hernia for yrs as well as acid reflux..I actually thought the hernia was my current problem.

So after reading your post and knowing acid reflux does erode the lining of the esophagus I mentioned this to the intake nurse. She ordered all my test from thr gastro dr...sure enough, o have a condition called Barretts diesase and they could not give me Plavics.

Sooo Thank You your info was priceless....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Happy to hear all went well. Take your time getting back on the road if you can. No use pushing it.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Nothing worse than a "broken" Chef!

Glad to hear you are doing better Dennis.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Nothing worse than a "broken" Chef!

There will be no fixing him now..
I see him sitting at home watching Rachel Ray and watching the cooking channel for all that healthy food. :)

All j/king aside Dennis get your rest. Glad out come is looking good for you.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Glad to hear stents solved your problem. I was off 5 months when I had a double bypass in 2007 and had to fight with the cardiologist to let me drive again. I just had the nuclear and echo stress tests myself and will get my results on Tuesday. I think I passed but what do I know?

ihamner

Expert Expediter
​Great news Dennis!! Prayers will continue until you are up and moving again. Take your time and be sure you are at your best before you start adding up hours on the road!! Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Released and discharged...sitting at the pharmacy waiting for my "drugs" to go..:D

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I'm sure they told you how important the combination of the drugs are. take everyday and don't space off a dosage.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Glad things went well,make those changes best you can so you don't catch up with me. I got two stents the first time and three the second. Best of luck to ya!

vanman10x2

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Glad everything well and you are looking forward to getting back on the road.

Sent from my MB612 using Tapatalk 2