Checkin In

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Just to let everyone know my health hasn't improved any. I'm still seizures and massive migranes. I guess the migranes are coming from the fluid on my brain. I had an MRI a couple weeks ago and I will be getting the results from it on the 18th.

I'm planning on going back to school in Jan. I'm going to pursue my History and Social Studies degree. I was thinking Agriculture before , but I think I will go back to History. I've really only taken general education classes anyway so changing my major isn't going to hurt me. Plus I think this time off from school made me miss the easy life of learning. Although I do envy you all everyday. I also can't wait for the day when I get to lecture my first college level course. I'm also not ready to let my little brother be the first Hodges to graduate from college. I'm the first man in my family to go, and I want to be the first to graduate from college.

What amazes me is I have family that will not speak to me because they claim I think I'm better than they are because I'm always speaking like I'm better than them. They also talk down about me to my Dad. He just tells them they're jealous and I speak like a man with a little education and they should be proud. I guess I'm getting on my soap box. Happy trails and have fun.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Good luck with better health results soon and good luck with the history focus. History is a great subject. I always liked it best of my subjects. Keep at it like you have been. You've always held tough and will get past this too.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The very best of everything to you. Personally I think it is marvelous that your continuing your education. We reallly never stop learning, at least I don't. I would love to attend one of your lectures someday, let us know when you will be behind the lectern.
Again the very best to you and your family.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
hmmm, id thinking watching a man fight a health issue and continue to educated and better himself would be inspiring to others...kind of showes what one can do when you don't waste time feeling sorry for yourself....i guess somepeople just need to "feel" to be offended....

You have dealt with the hand you have been dealt in a great way...thanks for sharing your situation with us here....

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Hmmmmm maybe the others are really idiots and now they know it lol good luck to you with your health issues.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Joe: I have known you as someone willing to fight for what you believe, and even when you were 'fighting' with me, I respected that - I have faith that you will prevail in your chosen course.
Don't let the petty people discourage you! :)

D

DcShuffler

You will do good in school. It's good to get an education. I myself dropped out of school to get back into expeditng when I got a B in an algebra class. Getting a B shattered my dreams of becoming a pharmacist. I got angry and stormed off campus and never looked back becauseof it. Nonetheless, I plan to continue my education beginning January of next year.

I'm going to go to school during the spring semester and live on the road from march till december 25th each year. I hope I can combine 10 years of expedite with ten years of college. I am going to read up on all of the courses I will be taking the previous year while on the road and then take the maximum amount of classes that i can take in one semester each school year. Anyhow, I wish you the best of luck ark.