CargoMax Vans

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Some of you seen these at the Expo a few years ago. We all talked about them for a while after that and while FedEx ordered a few hundred of them for Home Delivery, I don't know of anyone using one for Expediting. The $50,000 price for a gas motor scared alot of people way...

Well starting around the 2nd-3rd week of March, there will be one doing expedite. I found that the orginal company that put these together still has a hand full of new 2009's and 2010's....I now own a 2009 and bought it for considerably less then the original $50,000...

We are bring it in from Okla. and adding a few things on the dealer level, then I will be bring it home and upfitting it enough to get it on the road, then I will do continued work to get it to the linished level of where I want it to suit me and my needs for comfort out here on the road.

If any of you are interested, after March, keep an eye out for it on the road and drop by and I'll be more then happy to show it off.

Here is the link to the original company and dealer that has these units:

Home

Now to find someone to run the CV I now have after I take delivery of the new one.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Lawence, and I put the link in the post that has pictures, but can you move this to the TRUCK forum, I swear that is where I posted it...

I will be posting pictures all along the way as i upfit it.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Chef whats the empty weight and the GVW ? Can't believe i was the first to ask? Thanks :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
the 09's are a bit different then the 10's and 11's in that they are dual rear wheel cutaways that have 2 wheels removed to make them SRW but they still have the 10,000 gvw factory and final stage manufacture door tag..(they re-tagged the 10,s and 11,s as 9900 lb gvw) so they are 10,000 lb gvw and the gas motor comes in at 6770 curb weight...I'll get that down for the scale ticket....

They have a 14 ft load floor and a 72" rear door opening and the one i got has no side doors.

Last edited:

Brisco

Expert Expediter
the 09's are a bit different then the 10's and 11's in that they are dual rear wheel cutaways that have 2 wheels removed to make them SRW but they still have the 10,000 gvw factory and final stage manufacture door tag..(they re-tagged the 10,s and 11,s as 9900 lb gvw) so they are 10,000 lb gvw and the gas motor comes in at 6770 curb weight...I'll get that down for the scale ticket....

They have a 14 ft load floor and a 72" rear door opening and the one i got has no side doors.

14ft floor space in a SRW vehicle.........

That's pretty awesome. Are going to go after 3 skid loads or are you going to make you one awesome sleeper/bunk in there and stick with 2 skid loads??

Me, if I was going to build this, I'd stick with just 2 skid loads and with that extra 5-6 feet you have to play with, I'd build me a nice sleeper back there. Something to think about.........

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Plans are to put in a 5 ft sleeper area but have a removeable seperator and a folding bunk for those 3 skid loads when they come around...but still be really comfortable with the normal 2 skid loads...this is how my CV is setup but with a 4ft sleeper area....the 1st thing to go will be the pass seat and the microwave, frig and house bank batteries will go in that area..then go backward inside from there...

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
What kinda mileage u get out of those cargo max???

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Now that you have a larger door opening is it going to be considered a sprinter for the rates?

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Very nice van Chef, can't wait to see it before, during and after. Do you have pics of your current set up in the c/v?

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
asj wrote:

well to be honest, mileage isn't the strong suit on "this particular" van...as a 09, it has the 6.0 motor with the 4spd trans and a 4:10 axle...the giy that I spoke to that runs one of these for FedEx Home Delivery sayes he averages 14 combined but mostly city....for the 1st few months I am hoping for 14-15...I am also look at a Under/overdrive unit that will know that 4:10 down with a double od from 4:10 to 3:08 to 2:40...hoping that will get it into the high 16 to 17 mpg...that and me lifting my foot to a better degree...

The 2010's have the 6 spd trans and a better axle ratio...but for the price difference, i can buy alot of gas...:)

As for the bigger door and "sprinter" rates....Load 1 payes a % of the load..and CV & Sprinters get the same rate...but the sprinter type unit get more loads then CV's, and that is what pushed this purchase up about 6 months..

Pictures...yeap I have them of my current van and will take them of the new van as i upfit it...now since I am "puter" illiterate when it comes to getting pictures up here, once I get that figured out, I'll post them...