Cargo van extra window?

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
If a cargo van has windows in the side door and back that are not tinted. Is it possible to tint or film them? What has other driver done?

guido4475

Not a Member
If a cargo van has windows in the side door and back that are not tinted. Is it possible to tint or film them? What has other driver done?

I went to Autozone and bought 2.5% window tint and tinted my rear windows so anyone cant see what I am hauling.It is real easy to do, and takes about 1/2 hour to do.Side doors have no windows, and have thought about buying a set of doors with no windows for the rear as well.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I've seen people tint them and then put insulation on the inside, the foam that people use when siding a house, if you have the rest of the van is insulated the windows lose a lot of heat or cold, if the van isn't insulated then it's not a big deal.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What make van do you have? I have 2004 Chevy with hinged rear windows. It was a pain cutting the tint film to size and then trying to work out the bubbles. My windows have a factory cross-hatched screen border painted on the inside. This added to my difficulties. Eventually I trimmed and peeled some of the tint off leaving a 14" x 14" piece of tint in the center of each window. I then masked the tint and used flat black spray paint to form an outside border. I also have foil backed Styrofoam insulation cut to fit the windows.

Get the darkest tint you can, preferably mirror tint. The black tint is a heat sink.

Attachments

• window tint 002.jpg
    window tint 002.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 35

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had the rear doors and side doors tinted by a shop close to me, cost $100.00 my windows are fixed and I guess that makes them easier.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
My old Ford had rear windows. Gotta have those windows insulated. This is what I did.

Attachments

• IMG_0062aa.jpg
    IMG_0062aa.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 48

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
I had the rear doors and side doors tinted by a shop close to me, cost $100.00 my windows are fixed and I guess that makes them easier.

x2. 15 min waiting time vs shopping the film, doing the work, doing it correctly:eek: then driving to the shop to get it done. :D.