Captain John Smith "He who shall not work, shall not eat."

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
Many of 'your' coments bring to mind something I heard RC Sproul say once,

"The problem we have in the church is NOT a lack of biblical understanding, but a lack of biblical reading"

I had a conversation once with a dude who claimed he went to a Southern Baptist Church almost every Sunday, he was appalled when I told him CHristians think Jesus is God and worship him as such. Anyway he thought I was crazy out to lunch with that.

Anyway he called his Pastor when he got home to ask about my Krazy comments, the next day at work he was a little sad because "I've been goingthere since I was 14 years old and I never knew what Jesus was"

I thought that was pretty entertaining. Anyway I'm not at all surprised that our country is going down the crapper. The Constitution is a 'Christian' document written by and for either Christians or people who were at least biblically literate.
Freedom only works for people who have high 'moral' standards and civic responsability, those 2 things no longer exhist in the US.

The US church is all but dead as well, you may be shocked to learn that the divorce rate is higher in the 'Church' than in the overall population at large.

The reason 'we' no longer understand its value and purpose is because we no longer understand the wisdom of biblical teaching. (By the way this has nothing to do with 'being' christian, you can be an athiest and still understand that 'you reap what you sow')

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The US church is all but dead as well, you may be shocked to learn that the divorce rate is higher in the 'Church' than in the overall population at large.
In addition, the rates for premarital sex are shocking. The were broken down by religion. There were entries for Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, etc. All religions engaged in premarital sex and all at a rate over 50%. Iirc, Buddhists were the lowest at 59%. Christians were the worst at 79% engaging in premarital sex. I don't remember if this was just a survey of Americans or if it was international.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
They need to start Taxing these Churches to relieve debt crisis...pawn Rod Parsleys Rolex or Confiscate one of TD Jakes mansions.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
...pawn Rod Parsleys Rolex or Confiscate one of TD Jakes mansions.

23167823.jpg

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Many of 'your' coments bring to mind something I heard RC Sproul say once,

"The problem we have in the church is NOT a lack of biblical understanding, but a lack of biblical reading"

I spent 5 yrs in A prison cell with a New King James Bible and a Strongs concordance and foxs book of martyers. for 10 hrs a day I studied book by book chapter by chapter verse by verse precept upon precept I studied inductively as i still do today but not 10hrs a day. There is still A remnant that studies as we should but sad to say many dont.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Which denomination of Christian? There are zillions of them

There are a few. Collectively, all Christians make up The Church. And they go to different churches. And sometimes, one can refer to a church at a given location, i.e. "the church at Kalamazoo," which would refer to all Christians in the Kalamazoo area, irrespective of whether or not they all go to different churches.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
They need to start Taxing these Churches to relieve debt crisis...pawn Rod Parsleys Rolex or Confiscate one of TD Jakes mansions.

Could not agree more!!!! :thumbup:

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Such a tax wouldn't make a hint of a dent in the deficit, let alone the debt. It would only make the irreligious feel better.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Such a tax wouldn't make a hint of a dent in the deficit, let alone the debt. It would only make the irreligious feel better.

The catholic church is one of the largest owner of land in the world...yup it sure would make me feel GREAT!! Religion is a $$ making machine!!! ..all tax FREE!! Makes me sick when I see those aholes on TV begging for $$.. all in the name of the lord...and you are against the gays...there not robbing people blind !! Thats another of MANY reasons i HATE organized religion...hate the gays..but ok to beg and rob from old people..gays are just loving..not filling you full of false promises...

Last edited:

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The catholic church is one of the largest owner of land in the world...yup it sure would make me feel GREAT!! Religion is a $$ making machine!!! ..all tax FREE!! Makes me sick when I see those aholes on TV begging for $$.. all in the name of the lord...and you are against the gays...there not robbing people blind !! Thats another of MANY reasons i HATE organized religion...hate the gays..but ok to beg and rob from old people..gays are just loving..not filling you full of false promises...

Yes I hate religion also. Religion and religiosity bind people up I believe in a relationship with J.C. that sets us free I dont believe these guys should be begging for money its not Gods plan where God leads God provides and doesnt need our cash> If Gods not providing for their ministry need than they need to examine themselfs and their motives and not beg. As far as hating gays the Word says ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God and their are none rightous no not one and our rightousness is as filthy rags that word rags in the greek is defined as menstrual rags. It also says they will know we are Christians by our love. We are to love the sinner and hate the sin. The next time someone calls themself A Christian and doesnt show love remind them of this and tell the teleavangilst to seek the Lord for his funds not people

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The math strongly suggests otherwise, however. $71 billion annually in federal taxes, $1.2 billion in annual parsonage allowances, and an average of $26.2 billion in state property taxes. All told that's $98 billion a year. Not exactly a massive dent in an out-of-control budget, but it's certainly a significant chunk of a budget and deficit that's under a modicum of control. There's no question that communities are, by and large, better off with religious institutions in them, so the literal taxpayer subsidy of churches isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it is what it is, nonetheless.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There NO need to increase taxes, in any way shape or form. We only need to cut spending to go below the level of income. That would allow for a start on paying off the debt.

Nothing good will happen, congress is in charge. Nothing has changed so nothing will.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
There NO need to increase taxes, in any way shape or form. We only need to cut spending to go below the level of income. That would allow for a start on paying off the debt.

Nothing good will happen, congress is in charge. Nothing has changed so nothing will.

:thumbup: