Canada V USA - Olympics Hockey

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Well, this is going to be an awesome match on Sunday 2/27/10!

While Team USA has been far and away the best, most consistent team in these Olympics - Canada will bring "hockey home".

Go Team Canada!

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
We concur Lawrence, GO CANADA! We wish all canadians and the Canadian hockey team all the best in their quest for the Silver Medal.

mac61

Seasoned Expediter
US Hockey Team is in good farm then Canadian Hockey Team.
I’m as a Canadian “GO CANADA GO” but it’s a very hard to win.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, being that most, if not all, play in the NHL, I think it makes little difference. I would like to see the USA win, but in the end, they will all be back playing for the teams that pay them to play, most of which are located in the USA. They ARE the best in the world, but they play for money. Nothing more.

I will be watching that game tomorrow, in Toronto, in my room so as not to draw too much ire as I and Mrs. Layoutshooter cheer on those who wear our flag. Other than that, I hope it is a GREAT and CLOSE game.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
We concur Lawrence, GO CANADA! We wish all canadians and the Canadian hockey team all the best in their quest for the Silver Medal.

You know Captain - a comment like that could get one banned from every Tim Hortons in North America? :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's OK, Tim Horton's coffee sucks compared to Dunkin Doughnuts!! Now THAT is a TRUE sport, Olympic COFFEE!!! LOL!!!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layoutshouter,
Woman Hockey also wins by CANADA

Yep, I know, I watched the men's game. Canada out played the U.S. most of the time. Not the style of hockey I like to watch but well played. Clean game, not much fooling around. Just a bit boring. And yes, I would have felt that way had the U.S. won.

Canada deserved the win.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They lost to the better team. Boring game. Canada did better this Olympics overall than the U.S. did. U.S. had more medals but Canada had more wins. There is the gold medal winners and losers. They got their monies worth, eh?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They lost to the better team. Boring game. Canada did better this Olympics overall than the U.S. did. U.S. had more medals but Canada had more wins. There is the gold medal winners and losers. They got their monies worth, eh?

They usually do better on home turf as well.....both sides, less travel, closer to family.

Canada finally decided to spend some real money this time 112 million dollars more that is...paid off in spades. Usually they are poorly funded and inadequate training facilities.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not the style of hockey I like to watch but well played.
I quit watching the NHL after the 1981 season. Too much clutching, grabbing, dumping the puck and all around goonish behavior. Maybe I got spoiled after watching the 1980 U.S. Olympic team play the third string Russian team (Gorkey Torpedo) in an exhibition game prior to the Olympics.

Boring game.
Boring game? Tied at 2 with 24 seconds left in the third period! Boring game with the winning goal coming half way into the overtime period?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I quit watching the NHL after the 1981 season. Too much clutching, grabbing, dumping the puck and all around goonish behavior. Maybe I got spoiled after watching the 1980 U.S. Olympic team play the third string Russian team (Gorkey Torpedo) in an exhibition game prior to the Olympics.

Boring game? Tied at 2 with 24 seconds left in the third period! Boring game with the winning goal coming half way into the overtime period?

I was speaking of the style of play. I don't enjoy the fore check style of play, effective and well played by Canada, but I don't enjoy it. That is what I meant.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
IN this modern world of equality, fair play and all that rot, why is there a separate mens and womens categories?

Since we have an integrated armed forces in much of the world, in business other places, shouldn't we stop treating women as second class athletes and have some integration at the olympics?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hittem hard, hittem quick..don't let them get momentum up and freewheel with the puck..is very exhausting as well...the kids can not fall asleep and have to react quickly...forces the opposing team to try the long passes just to get out..which usually get picked off....

LOS likes the Gretzky style..end to end rushes and speed...usually higher scoring...