can we get a little more clarity on the boards

termite289

Expert Expediter
like distinguishing between team loads, and solo driver loads.
im apparently stuck on a team load only board, cause 3 teams have come and gone under me, and im still sitting here o na 6 load per day board.
they did ask me to go to a shipper, and pick up a team load this morning, but told me to sit at the shipper till the team got there. when i got a little *****y, they said never mind.
we have distinguished between cargo van, strait truck and tractor trailer. i simply would like to see a new category for teams, and or solo's so we are not sitting where we are not going to get a load, because we are solo instead of team.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to also like to see a page on the reference page that lists all the boards with daily averages!

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I would be happier if they would explain how the daily averages are determined. I would be even happier if they could explain why the averages are different from when you use the board position macro and the reposition macro.

While we are on the wishing subject, I wish they would as part of the load offer include what board the delivery would be on.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
Ok now what if your in Detroit and they offer you a load out of Cleveland. Does that load count for the Detroit or the Akron board?
And being able to know if the load avg also includes the loads that they broker out.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ok now what if your in Detroit and they offer you a load out of Cleveland. Does that load count for the Detroit or the Akron board?
And being able to know if the load avg also includes the loads that they broker out.

As mentioned earlier, broker loads are figured into that daily average. Using your example, the load would be figured in the Cleveland average even though they dispatch a truck from a different board.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
I would be happier if they would explain how the daily averages are determined. I would be even happier if they could explain why the averages are different from when you use the board position macro and the reposition macro.

While we are on the wishing subject, I wish they would as part of the load offer include what board the delivery would be on.

Your talking about macro 8 it isn't updated as often as the web site info is thats why the numbers may not match

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
The other half to that is just ask them what the del board is doing i do i never take a load without the info
1 What has the board that i will be on done in the last 5 and 20 days
2 How many trucks are there now
3 How many trucks will hit the board before me
These are the board questions that i always ask

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
What I'm saying is that if you request the board position and the reposition macro (if it even shows anything) they will both show the daily average.

Why is that the average on the board position is different than the reposition macro? When I've asked Panther the response has been - I don't know.

Scuba, I have asked those questions. Wow, sometimes they even give me answers that make sense.

Why can't they replace the average with something more useful, like number of loads (on Panther trucks) in the last 3, 7, and 14 days? Question: why when I've talked to them they will say in the last .... business days?

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I had a meeting with Andy, Frank, and Sean about a month ago and this is what I would like to see Panther do for Team and Solo drivers. Davekc will remember this. At Robert Express we had a spot on the QC where we could flag that you perferred loads over 300 miles. Most teams would flag they perferred loads over 300 miles. By doing this this single drivers would get offered the load under 300 miles 1st before the teams. If you didn't flag it you got offered all loads. Now if there was no single drivers or all the single drivers turned down the load then the teams would start getting offered the load. When iran single i wouldnt flag it, when I ran team I would always flag that i perferred loads over 300 miles.

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I had a meeting with Andy, Frank, and Sean about a month ago and this is what I would like to see Panther do for Team and Solo drivers. Davekc will remember this. At Robert Express we had a spot on the QC where we could flag that you perferred loads over 300 miles. Most teams would flag they perferred loads over 300 miles. By doing this this single drivers would get offered the load under 300 miles 1st before the teams. If you didn't flag it you got offered all loads. Now if there was no single drivers or all the single drivers turned down the load then the teams would start getting offered the load. When iran single i wouldnt flag it, when Iran team I would always flag that i perferred loads over 300 miles.
Why are you talking about Iran? They don't use QC that much. :D

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
It would be nice to get a little more info out of the QC considering the high cost per month. A nationwide list of all the Panther boards with numbers would be helpful. Also how about a weather forecast for the place you are driving towards. Would be great to know if you were driving into ice or tornadoes or hurricanes or whatever

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I had a meeting with Andy, Frank, and Sean about a month ago and this is what I would like to see Panther do for Team and Solo drivers. Davekc will remember this. At Robert Express we had a spot on the QC where we could flag that you perferred loads over 300 miles. Most teams would flag they perferred loads over 300 miles. By doing this this single drivers would get offered the load under 300 miles 1st before the teams. If you didn't flag it you got offered all loads. Now if there was no single drivers or all the single drivers turned down the load then the teams would start getting offered the load. When iran single i wouldnt flag it, when I ran team I would always flag that i perferred loads over 300 miles.

Bruno, I like the team flag idea for skipping less than 300 mile runs.

Last edited:

termite289

Expert Expediter
just giving up and trying to hire a co-driver.
cause i can run more then 350 miles a day, but apparently their computer doesn't think so.

Zoli

Veteran Expediter
I don't think that board positions are so important . Panther dispatch give the load to the closest van to the pick up.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I don't think that board positions are so important . Panther dispatch give the load to the closest van to the pick up.

Well, that is called customer service. A load should be given to the closest truck that can make the pickup on time. I have a broker that calls me all the time when he needs a load covered fast. I hooked him up with Panther, but he still calls me because I can get them covered faster with a Panther truck.