Caffee's Cascadia

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thanks Jim hope to see you at the Expo.

We hope to have it on the road next week... Need to get it home. Have to load truck with our personal belongings as well as add our cameras, pressure pro system, and a few other items that need to be wired. It all takes time.

No I will not say what we paid for the truck as we did a few extra things and moved a few of our own personal items instead of buying new.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Should be a lot easier loading this one than it was unloading the old one. :D

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Another issue on the truck is the hood mounted mirrors. While these are aerodynamic mirrors they still create drag and they will be coming off of the truck.

Mr. Jansiemoo says you *could* slow down to 55.725mph from 56mph to counter the drag ;P

moose

Veteran Expediter
Congratulation on a dream comes true, only the few have an opportunity to place a new ride on the show floor .

BTW,
starting tomorrow, i am pooling a 108" wide trailer.
(unlike the traditional 102") .
the wider trailer create more blind spots.
so it is looks like i will have to buy a hood mounted mirrors in the next week or so.
anyone know where can i find those mirrors for a good price ? :)

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Linda,
I just noticed by reading your blog post the old truck had a lift axle, but the new one does not. Curious as to the reason. Just never used / needed it?

And the other thing I noticed from the show, no Air Tabs?

Beautiful truck and I am sure you will be very happy!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Linda, did Bob let you drive it yet? :D:D

Also,what type of transmission?

Wow you sure hit this one right! I have not driven the truck and cannot wait. I had a chance this morning to move it across the lot and declined. I want to get the truck out on the interstate and feel the power of the DD13.

We have a ten speed Eaton Ultra Shift. We would have liked to have the Plus but that transmission is not available yet in the short hood.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jeff wanted the truck to be shown in the booth as he would sell the truck outright. At a later date we will increase the GVW by adding the pusher axle. We did have our lift gate on the truck in the show.

The truck was also not shown with our wide base singles. After the show our Pressure Pro air monitoring system as well as the wide base singles will be added. We will also be adding Real Wheels wheel covers to the wide base singles.

We have Air Tabs for the truck and after we get the Cascadia we will install them.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How long is the box, and what are you doing for a generator?

Edit: After another look at the pic, it looks like the RV style Onan.

Last edited:

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have the Onan Hybrid generator and I am sure looking forward to not having the Rig Master running underneath our heads! I am not complaining about our Rig Master as that thing worked like a charm 95% of the time.

We have a Supreme Box 22' with barn doors.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We have the Onan Hybrid generator and I am sure looking forward to not having the Rig Master running underneath our heads! I am not complaining about our Rig Master as that thing worked like a charm 95% of the time.

We have a Supreme Box 22' with barn doors.

Awesome... I'm seeing myself in a Cafcadia Replica in a couple of years.

I wasn't sure if a 22' would fit with that sleeper. Must be right at 40'.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
No I will not say what we paid for the truck as we did a few extra things and moved a few of our own personal items instead of buying new.

Understood, but here's hoping you will change your mind. Diane and I kept our truck price ($251,000) to ourselves for a while after it was built. We did so because we feared criticism. But the question was so persistent that we finally gave in and it turned out to be no big deal.

Most of the people who asked, asked because they were thinking or daydreaming about building a truck of their own. Price is an important piece of information for them. We came to understand that it was a kindness to share that info.

It has been a long time since I have shopped for a truck for real. I only ask because I am curious, as I am sure others are too. You put your new truck out there in a very public way. I hope you don't think the price question is unnatural to ask.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We have the Onan Hybrid generator...

I just watched the manufacturer's video on that generator. We have an Onan too but it is an older model. It is very quiet and it was fun to see that Onan has made its generator line even quieter. If we make it to the Expo or see you on the road, we'd like the chance to hear the generator run to get a sense of the improvement.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Understood, but here's hoping you will change your mind. Diane and I kept our truck price ($251,000) to ourselves for a while after it was built. We did so because we feared criticism. But the question was so persistent that we finally gave in and it turned out to be no big deal.

I JUST HAD A STROKE. HELP ME I'VE FALLEN AND CAN'T GET UP!!!:eek:

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Please forgive me for not knowing day light from dark about your new truck. If a single wide profile tire loses air under load, will the "pusher Axel" go down automatically? or if not would it have the capacity to lift the rig off the low tire?.

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Linda, you do know your not the first cascadia box truck?

Trying to figure out who has the Lonestar with the box on it, it was west bound on 180 yesterday and didn't catch the company.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have a Pressure Pro Air monitoring system on our truck and if a tire starts to go low we will have an alarm. Bob also watches our tires closely. The lift axle will not go down unless we flip a switch.

What is the most important axle under your truck and how many tires or on it?